big horn armory

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

big horn armory

Post by joepb »

If there is any interest, one is for sale on 24 hour campfire. I have no dog in this fight.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: big horn armory

Post by CowboyTutt »

I think I found it, wow, very active sales site. $3825 is too much for me thanks! -Tutt

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthrea ... st18165539
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by joepb »

He has reduced to 3400.00.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Gosh, I thought they sold brand new for a lot less than that...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
black river smith
Levergunner 2.0

Post by black river smith »

Yikes, not for me.

A deposit of $2,2XX to $2,500 with a MSR of $4,500 to $5,100 depending on caliber.

Again YIKES.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Yeah, their prices went up significantly this month. A base model 90 (460S&W) was $3100 last month. Now it's $5100. ☹️

I had planned a BHA 90 with two options to be my next rifle purchase. Was going to do the octogon barrel and one step upgraded wood for options. Would have been right around $5000 all in at the old price. Now that rifle will probably be close to $7000 or maybe even more. For less money I would sooner have Turnbull build me a second Takedown front half in 50-110 for my 1886. It's a 45-90 now and I've been daydreaming about doing that second front half for dual caliber capability.

Im sure their cost of doing business has gone up significantly over the last couple years and I'm not dogging them. I really admire BHA. But cost of everything is hitting us all. Just not sure I am comfortable with their new pricing. Itching to have a 460 rifle to go with my revolver. But with pricing that's now higher than Turnbull's reproduction offerings, I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with it. I was even considering inquiring if BHA would send me an unfinished model 90 and have Turnbull do the finish work for sort of a custom piece. ☹️
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

that's crazy............ 5100 bucks
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Yep, for some reason the model 89 (500S&W) was and still is cheaper than the 460 chambered model 90.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Beautiful guns though.

Seems like all nice guns have gone up quite a bit.

Probably more accurate to say that our money has been losing value.
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:57 pm Beautiful guns though.

Seems like all nice guns have gone up quite a bit.

Probably more accurate to say that our money has been losing value.
Yes, I definitely agree on all points. Our dollars don't go as far as they did three years ago.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dang, I knew I should have bought three or four of them back when I had the chance... :lol:

My BHA 89, 8 shot carbine is about the same size and heft as a Guide Gun (only in 500 S&W) and beautifully made and incredibly durable, but I think I 'only' paid around $2,300 for it.

If I had have bought four, I could sell the other three NIB for about $3,000 a piece and have me a free gun to keep...!

Most expensive gun I've ever bought, but one of my favorites.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

A $2000 dollar price increase which amounts to about a 164% price increase on top of the previous $3100 price seems too high to me if I can still do basic math. Maybe the 460's weren't selling so good, and without the volume to reduce costs on making them, the 460 is more expensive than the 500 and such the disproportionate price increase. Simply too much. I have never shot one but know of at least two who have, and the same observation was noted, that the action is pretty rough. For what is now a 5K rifle, I would expect the action to be smooth as glass. It makes the new Ruger Marlin's seem like a bargain by comparison. I think Big Horn just priced themselves out of the market for many, many people right as we are likely going into more of a recession. Even a Browning 1886 looks like a bargain right now. Just my opinion. -Tutt

P.S. Doc, you got in at a good time for sure. -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel