New Marlin Prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

New Marlin Prices

Post by Paul105 »

Got an email from Grab a Gun this morning - the price of this 1895 was an eye opener. Have also received "sale" price promotion emails for 336s that were in the $1,300ish range.
Is it just me or does this look like pricing to bankruptcy?
Paul
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: New Marlin Prices

Post by Old Savage »

Think I bought the last 336 for about $450 and an 1895 for a similar amount.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

With the price of everything else escalating like crazy, it doesn't surprise me. Look at the MSRP on Henrys. $1,1xx to $2,9xx for the Original Henry. If the fit and finish is as depicted by the few reviews I've seen/read... worth the cost. Whether I buy one is yet to be seen... I'm a died-in-the-wool Winchester fan. Marlins, not so much. And it has nothing to do with price.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

Grabagun is waaaay over MSRP on the new Rug-Lins.

I'd have to double check but I'm almost certain MSRP on the 1895 SBL is $1299.

Grabagun 👎🏻 Just trying to keep Marlin-itis alive.

I have a couple online friends who have picked up new SBL and 1895 Trapper for MSRP and in a couple cases a bit less.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

Did a few searches MSRP $1,479 -- where avail, street price a couple hundred less. 336 MSRP $1,239. Both MSRPs from Marlin website. Something seriously amiss with Grab A Gun pricing.
Paul
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

the guide gun I bought in Juneau was completely crudely fitted together, and i looked at a dozen of them!! Took me about six weeks of tinkering to get it into shape. It was a kit gun. BUT it shot straight out of the box.

b.
Screenshot 2023-04-18 062206-inflation.png
inflation is the dot gov STEALING from us.

BUT, the Ruger prices are not so far out of line, AND their quality will be an order of magnitude higher than my guide gun.

If I were young enough and starting a family and able to work 20 hour days, I would consider the new 45/70 trapper to be a multi-generation investment...

for me, now, i would have to sell some firearms to justify a new ruger quality marlin . . . . AND if i find myself in the brer bear woods i hope i have the 50AR loaded with 440Gr hardcast, because i might forget how to cycle the guide gun by then. ;)

grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.