The Flying Rabbit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

The Flying Rabbit

Post by 6pt-sika »

I shot in a Virginia Vintagers get together shoot at The Flying Rabbit Sporting Clays in Mount Crawford Virginia yesterday . I like the course I just don’t like that they don’t have golf carts and I have to walk luckily I was able to borrow a friends push cart that holds four guns shells and a small cooler . Was kinda hot yesterday and I brought four 10 gauge guns I wanted to shoot before going to the Northern SxS on July 26th . I had my Parker DH 10I usually shoot as well as a my old Grade 2 32” hammer 10 , I’ve shot both of them a fair bit . I also brought another Grade 2 hammer with 30” barrels and a Grade 1 two frame with 30” barrels , these two to the best of my knowledge I’d never shot at clay targets . I didn’t rotate between guns in any particular pattern but using the four guns I managed a 75 out of 100 . All four are tight choked and all four seem to like my 1 1/4 ounce load of 7 1/2’s pushed with SR7625 . I’ll probably end up taking all four of the guns to the Northern what the heck . But I did equally well or bad however you look at it with them all . Oh if I failed to mention all four guns are Parker’s very rarely do I shoot anything else . The two frame gun is a two barrel set the second set of barrels are 26” IC and lite mod , there’s a grouse walk event at the Northern I might shoot with the short barrels on that gun .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: The Flying Rabbit

Post by AJMD429 »

Sounds like your guns and loads were up to the task.

I was hoping for some picturess of flying rabbits, though.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sounds like you had fun and did well!
Paco and I made rabbits fly but it wasn't with shotguns so I guess that don't count. :lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Good gracious, I about got wrung out with sweat just thinking about hauling four 10-gauge doubles, ammo and a cooler on a humid afternoon. In my book, going three for four with a shotgun qualifies for good shooting!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:02 pmGood gracious, I about got wrung out with sweat just thinking about hauling four 10-gauge doubles, ammo and a cooler on a humid afternoon. In my book, going three for four with a shotgun qualifies for good shooting!
+1! I got out today and shot a cowboy action match with my '51 Navies! Temps were moderate, but driving thru rain to get there, I almost turned around and came home. Glad I didn't! Forgot my rifle ammo, so the '73 sat in the golf cart while I used a loaner '73 in .357/38. Many thanks to generous pards! He didn't want to accept my cash money at the end of the day... but since I left it on the table in front of him and walked off, I hope he pocketed it before some scoundrel absconded with it!
AJMD429 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:28 amI was hoping for some picturess of flying rabbits, though.... :D
+1!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Some pics from yesterday ! Wish I’d taken a picture of the cart I borrowed loaded down with shotguns ammo and cooler !
9D3DB61A-43AC-4D8F-9884-E29B65F500D4.jpeg
FF7A687E-A82E-45AA-8CE4-25C3E75FEE75.jpeg
5672CDB7-E53A-4C83-AFA5-1522883A4098.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:02 pm Good gracious, I about got wrung out with sweat just thinking about hauling four 10-gauge doubles, ammo and a cooler on a humid afternoon. In my book, going three for four with a shotgun qualifies for good shooting!
If I’ve got a golf cart or UTV I can go a bit longer . But pushing that cart with about fifty pounds of guns ammo and cooler plus the heat , one round was enough for me ! And thank you I’ve gotten in the mid 80’s plenty times but I’ve yet to break 90% at the BS game (sporting clays) .