No empties to pick up today!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

No empties to pick up today!

Post by Nath »

Took a muzzloader out for a change.
IMG_20230909_160220.jpg
The 50gns of 4f was enough to give good power to 1oz of shot #7.5 size. Fouling control was via homemade lube which when mixed with the fouling does a good job on the hands!
IMG_20230909_174803.jpg
Just 21 down and then a thunder storm came over so I packed up... quick!

IMG_20230909_192240.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JimT
Shootist

Re: No empties to pick up today!

Post by JimT »

Well done!
Loved you doing it with old gun!
salute.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Nath, I've said it before, but you are an inspiration, sir! That's the Beretta over and under, right? 8)
For what it is worth, the Victorian Riflemen lads over on the British Miitaria forum have found that dipping the noses of their .577-450 and .577 Snider cartridges into a tub of Udderly Smooth lanolin -- even though their boolits are already conventionally lubed -- has made BP fouling even more manageable still. I wonder how one might apply this "solution" to ML shotgun loads without messing up the patterns ... :?:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not bad shooting again Nath!
I bet those birds were wondering just what the heck was on fire until ol Fred fell from the sky! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:14 pm Nath, I've said it before, but you are an inspiration, sir! That's the Beretta over and under, right? 8)
For what it is worth, the Victorian Riflemen lads over on the British Miitaria forum have found that dipping the noses of their .577-450 and .577 Snider cartridges into a tub of Udderly Smooth lanolin -- even though their boolits are already conventionally lubed -- has made BP fouling even more manageable still. I wonder how one might apply this "solution" to ML shotgun loads without messing up the patterns ... :?:
Bill, I've never subscribed to the notion a muzzloader should be difficult to load.
All this short starter nonsense and bouncing rammers off the loaded whatever.
Same with my shotguns. I want the fouling soft.
As soon as it gets crusty in goes a thin card, the next scoops some lube and that goes in, instant grease cookie. Works a treat and I end up looking like I've been in battle.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath, I would have put money on it that you'd be out with a muzzle loader after your successful afternoon with the Mossy.... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks John. They have been neglected a shade of late, it was troubling me so....
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You had a MUCH better day than I did! I went to visit a cowboy shooting club in Eastern Washington state since I'm held over awaiting a load home tomorrow. Had a great visit, but...It turned out to be an expensive trip, as just about halfway back to my hotel, the seat in my truck lost its air bag. Seat dropped to the floor, forcing me into driving propped up on a pillow. Driving while you're barely able to see over the steering wheel in an 18-wheeler ain't for sissies! Luckily, the Kenworth dealer in Lewiston was open and had the same model seat as I had... Couple hours and a couple thousand dollars later, I was sitting tall again! Boy, have prices risen since I bought the old seat some 15 years ago! Don't think it owed me any anything... a few hundred thousand miles is probably more than the manufacturer expects, but less than I'd hoped... There weren't any warranty left... I asked! :D Just glad it didn't happen tomorrow while going over the mountain to Boise...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Griff wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:41 pm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You had a MUCH better day than I did! I went to visit a cowboy shooting club in Eastern Washington state since I'm held over awaiting a load home tomorrow. Had a great visit, but...It turned out to be an expensive trip, as just about halfway back to my hotel, the seat in my truck lost its air bag. Seat dropped to the floor, forcing me into driving propped up on a pillow. Driving while you're barely able to see over the steering wheel in an 18-wheeler ain't for sissies! Luckily, the Kenworth dealer in Lewiston was open and had the same model seat as I had... Couple hours and a couple thousand dollars later, I was sitting tall again! Boy, have prices risen since I bought the old seat some 15 years ago! Don't think it owed me any anything... a few hundred thousand miles is probably more than the manufacturer expects, but less than I'd hoped... There weren't any warranty left... I asked! :D Just glad it didn't happen tomorrow while going over the mountain to Boise...
Lol, think I'd of found an old jack or wooden blocks for 2k Griff!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Nicely done!