Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Gonna drag deer out of my foot trails. The 4 wheeler won't fit, but the bike is small, narrow, and nimble. I will have rope from the hitch to a Jet Sled with the deer in it. Jed Sleds are HDPE plastic and slide very easily on any surface. They are fairly deep and keep the deer clean. They will even float with a deer in it. The rope is better than a tow bar for a couple reasons....
First, being pulled by a bike, a tow bar can influence the balance of the bike, even a walking speed. Second, in a sharp turn around a tree or going over a log or rock, the rope will bend around and not bind.

I'll keep you posted.
If I end up shooting something. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey I won! Been a while.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I guess you think your a big shot after winning page 225….big deal.

Yea, I know those sleds…put my elk on one and a horse drug it out a good 2 miles…….

You take a break…..you’ve been working hard and old guys get tired fast.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Better keep the revs down when in mud or have a longer rope ...... :D pulling out deer is the one reason that I'm a Squirrel hunter... :lol:
MalleMile2020-0189.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah GK. I'll have to hang a big mud flap off the fender. :D

Dubbed around at camp today. We got the ice shack all set up. Now we have a closet for hunting clothes and guns. A small work area, or a summer kitchen. We st9re some tools in there too. Got some clutter out of the camp.
We finished the other couch/bunk too.
Then I hung up a map of our property and put it under plexiglass. That way you can write on it with a dry erase marker to show stand locations, trails, or whatever. It helps if someone isn't familiar with the area.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You ought to put a gallon can of moth balls near where you store your clothes and in your boots and wool hats. Moths are terrible this year…….

At the last camp I spent about 10 years at, where everyone who wanted to get a deer got one I became convinced that smell don’t mean nothing………the camp was a former 12x60 mobile home and 8-10 guys smoking, drinking, major gas passing, coughing , gagging, with their clothes inside didn’t make a difference……after hunting all day and walking through the door, the smell was so putrid you’d swear it was a cesspool. Having the outhouse 10 feet away didn’t help either. I remember the poop getting near level with the seat and you had to keep your butt 4” over it until Ritchie got an old bed post and smoothened it up. I even got pictures of it. One turd was about a foot long and I told Ritchie to wing it in the air and I shot it with a load of number 8’s….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hahahaha! What the h3ll is wrong with you man? :D
We keep out clothes in Rubbermaid tubs with about 4 inches of spruce boughs on the bottom. That's where we store them all year too.
I think scent sometimes matters and sometimes doesn't. It depends on where you're hunting and how much those particular deer are accustomed to human scent and activity.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Cedar wood is a natural moth repellent but I don't know if it's also a Whitetail repellent :? I do know Roe deer are attracted to Cedar trees so maybe worth a try.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I was one of the least crazy of the crowds I ran with…….those guys would go into town at the t bar, come home at 3 and get up at 5 to hunt…I didn’t drink in those days as I quit when I was 40 so I stayed at the cabin with 2 old timers…..I’ll still have a few now and then but my body says no…after 3 I feel like S for a couple of days…….

That Ritchie was something. One time he wanted to see what it was like to shoot a full 1 lb propane cylinder so he shot one and it spun around like crazy so he shot the rest of the ones he had. One time on a nice day he took off all of his clothes except his underwear, strapped ona holster and Colt and went out hunting for the day….

We got some nice weather…..60 and sunshine.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Kristy, I, and the dogs are at camp tonight. Made up some chicken pie for supper. Now just takin it easy. Kristy didn't want to be in the picture. Luckily, she don't know how hot she is or she'd of got a better husband. :D

Yeah, I haven't hit the sauce hard at hunting camp since the late 80s.
It was at my buddies camp in Kingsbury. Not too far from here. We ran out of beer and jumped in the truck for a 10 mile drive to Abbot to get more. It was a raging snowstorm and it was bad. Not a track in the road so it was hard to tell where you were. We made it there and found one of our old favorites, Moosehead, was on sale! We cleaned em out, jumped back in the truck, and rolled it to camp. We drank every drop and was up till about 2am. Later that morning, I crawled under some firs with my rifle and laid on the ground for a few hours on a bed of boughs. No more of that since.

Yes, cedar works great. I usually put a little in with my spruce.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I see Kristy has put that “homey” touch in the camp………what’s with the mirror? Do the hunters there want to look like they stepped out of a Sears catalog? Has vanity and fashion hit the Maine woods?

We’s be hillbillies here. You guys are uppity!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha ohhhh, I'm disappointed in you my friend. You should know me better.
The mirror is there so you can check yourself for ticks. If you look closely, there is a hand mirror hanging on the little key rack to the left of the door. This is so one person can check themselves before getting them in their vehicle or bringing them home. This was never even a thing here till a few years ago. Sucks. There were a lot this spring, but I haven't seen any since.
It's a "hick mirror".
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My budget for guns has just taken a bit of a knock, remember I said I could hear banjo music since I lost a tooth well a visit to the dentist this week has been a bit expensive.
My old teeth have been neglected since just before lockdown and are in urgent need of TLC but I didn't expect a cost of $3140.00 :shock: but I should get my smile back by Christmas...
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes buddy! That's a lot of cash. If you'd been closer, I could have "fixed" them for considerably less. :D
Sadly, with your teeth all fixed, you'll never blend in as a local in Cornville. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang..$3100?.. like Jay says, up in Cornville you can just walk down the road and find teeth that people pull out with their hands…get 32 of them and epoxy them together but leave a few out here and there in case you visit Maine….they have “Summer teeth” in Maine, some are here and some are there.

In 1978 I left a half dozen beautiful teeth on the steering wheel of my Trans Am….45 years ago…..I had a permanent bridge put in that was then $5g’s…….one by one the teeth that the bridge was attached to went bad…after another 4-6G’s I had enough and told the dentist to pull em all out…..one of the best decisions I ever made…no more toothaches or abscesses.

A mirror for ticks? Is that a joke? I must have had 50 this year alone and I can feel them crawling on me. Over the summer I had a mess of them in my pubic area but they didn’t attach themselves as there was no skin left open for them to grab onto as the lice and crabs claimed the territory for themselves. I’d catch a few sometimes and put them in a baggie and throw the contents on car seats when people would leave their windows down.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:02 pm Holy smokes buddy! That's a lot of cash. If you'd been closer, I could have "fixed" them for considerably less. :D
Sadly, with your teeth all fixed, you'll never blend in as a local in Cornville. :D
No worries they said even after I've spent all that dough I'll probably still loose a tooth or two...... :lol:

Six your words paint vivid pictures..... I was going to say that a few posts back when you described the poop shootin' :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. No joke. We ain't used to them things up here yet. I hate em. Creep me out. Makes you not want to go in the woods. We never had to deal with that stuff before.
My teeth are still pretty good. None missing but wisdom teeth. I have a few fillings, but probably not more than 5. I can't remember the last time I got one.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya GK, it was funnier than hell…….when I got into the group I modernized things up a bit by building a backstop made from railroad ties and a trap range with 15 yard handicap………our clay bird thrower was 15 yards ahead of the shooter with a stack of r.r.ties so the guy pulling the string hid on the far side of it so he didn’t get walloped with a load or #8’s. Sometimes we each would bring up odds and ends like buckshot and slugs, pumpkin balls, .22 semi autos, even revolvers to shoot clay birds. Nearest road was 15 miles away.

That’s the day I shot the turd. I was playing around and loading and pulling the string myself when I smelled S so I walked over and Ritchie ripped off a bedpost from one of the rooms and pushing the turds to the side so I asked him to find me a big turd so he got one on the bedpost and I was standing there with the Ithaca double and said “let her fly”. I tell ya, I hit it with the full pattern and no one would walk in that area until the next hunting season…..Ritchie’s buddy, Morty claimed he got a piece of corn wedged in his boot and I plucked it out with Bobs knife and handed it back to him…..we later saw him cutting pepperoni with it.

That same night the guys went into town and came back roaring drunk and Ritchie woke me up and said, “hey, I got Bobs grunt call, what do you want me to do with it.(nobody liked Bob) and I told him to stick it up his azz and put it back on the table. Well, Ritchie did it while I was in my sleeping bag and I could smell it…he really did what I told him. The next morning I walked out in the kitchen and there’s Bob with a napkin blowing on his grunt call telling me something got clogged in it. I near vomited.

Boy did we have fun up at that camp. While the guys were out hunting I drilled a 2” hole through the wall and inserted a piece of PVC that went through the wall and ended up at Ritchie’s pillow and I’d f.art and blow through the hole and I heard Ritchie gagging from the next room.

Yea, they were glory days.—-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh man, that's bad....bad.
I'll never use a grunt call again without thinking of that. :shock:

What happened to OS? He playing golf with Tiger Woods? Maybe he's trying to distance himself from us.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nobody liked Bob.... :shock: I have worked with a few "Bob's" in my time and yes they do receive some strange punishments for being unpopular...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Still here fellows, golf and a professional project since the national conference in Las Vegas searching through a bunch of of old chiro records for some historical interest and an upcoming rewrite of a manual not to mention doing taxes and the wife’s birthday doings. They are off to the races today.

Carry on fellows.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

100 page manual on the way I am supposed to review and I have to do a relicensing seminar. Fun, fun, fun!!!

And the Twp tax board sent me a bill for $135. Sent them a check and they said I had to pay the back taxes first
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You will see at one time they were charging me $2,000 a year but then dropped it to ?? $30 something?

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What? :) No replys,? you guys trying to distance yourself?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nope. Just been busy at work. It's a rare thing, but does happen now and again.
I don't have printouts, but have a cart full of stainless steel machining chips. Got a few gas turbine blades all finished too. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nope, I've only just got up . :? Sounds like a boring old time OS except for your wife's birthday, wish her a happy birthday from me...🎈.

Weather here has turned colder but at least its not raining.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Years ago gk, just seeing that a couple ladies from the UK had a good time apres golf.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sorry Master Fred……..like Captain Jayster, I too have been busy, mostly watching the Israelis blast the sand n. to their land of 72 virgins….I see your still up to your old habits, carousing with the females, drinking, and spreading your seed. Some day Southern Cal. is gonna look like a million Old Savages….

In realty, nothings going on. I’ve waited 10 days for my new Kubota attachment to arrive so I called the salesman up on Friday and told him to light a fire up someone’s butt and get this thing in the pipeline……when I want something, I want it yesterday.

Yes, I’m that impotent……err…..important…..

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, tonight I'm back AT work. But I don't see busy in my future for the next 12 hours.
That will start tomorrow morning.
I gotta get the lawn and garden tractors all ready to put up for the winter. I have to put pads and rotors all around the Cherokee. Plus replace the rear shocks. I'm planning on a couple days of off and on work on that. Probably 7-800 in parts. Ridiculous.
Now that the hard top is back on the Jeep, I can get the garage semi-turned around for winter.......again.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

7-800?….Cherokee parts are twice the price of wrangler parts? Heck, if you’re gonna do that you ought to change the rotors and rubber lines and then you’re done for the life of the vehicle……

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I am changing rotors.
Hopefully it'll be less. But with building back better and all, I doubt it.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I made a mistake in my previous post….should have said “calipers”….

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, it was less. I hit Napa this morning and got pads and calipers for all 4 corners. I also got new rear shocks, as one is blown. Total was $532 bucks.
I'm going to try and keep the calipers. We'll see.....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I got the Cherokee all back together. Went pretty smooth really, I got all 4 rotors off with no issues. I was worried about the rear upper shock bolts too, but they came out ok. The biggest pain was there is a plate that is held on with a nut on the threaded stud at the top of the shock. The plate is the upper shock mount. The problem, of course, is there is no way to hold the shock shaft while you loosen the nut on it. I tried the zip gun first. It got it part way on the passenger shock before it spun. So, I took a half inch drive socket and clamped vise grips on it. Then I could put a quarter drive 10mm deep socket through the half inch drive, hold the stud, and turn the socket with the vice grips. Bingo! I got the other one the same way.
Putting the new ones on was different the stud just had 2 flat spots instead of a 10mm, so I couldn't hold it through a socket. The first one went right on tight when I put the zip gun on it. The second one......nope!
So....with this one I took the hack saw and cut a slot in the top. Then I held it with a screwdriver through the socket. Bingo number 2!
Glad that's done. Not as fun as working on my Jeep.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Good for you and your issue is precisely why I have about 8 sets of vise grips or varying sizes. Yea, those upper ones can be a pain….I’ll vise grip the stud and set the air compressor to 125 pounds and just rip off the bolt using a 6 point socket with the nut and the stud breaking off.

I’ve cut em off too with an angle grinder. Then when putting the new ones on I’ll “never-seize” the threads as most vehicles I have I’ll end up putting 3 or 4 sets of shocks on em.

What kind did you put on, factory equivalents? On the Rubicon I put Old Man Emu heavy duty’s on…bit pricey but I can whip around a corner and the Jeep stays level.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I admire you guys for your enthusiasm when it comes to vehicles, after 24 years of driving company cars and never having to pick up a spanner I have lost the desire to skin my knuckles on anything mechanical. I suppose my enthusiasm might return if I had a fully equipped workshop and a vehicle that still had a carburetor etc. to work on.

Turning colder now with lots of wind and rain .
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Never seize is my best friend.
I just put some cheapies on from Napa. The stockers were blown and it was bouncy. Don't know how long we'll have it, so they will be fine.
OME is what is on my Rubicon too. They are excellent shocks, but mine need replacing. I will wither put on more OME, or Rancho 5000x. The 5000x shicks have a great reputation, and are much better than the old 5000's.
Seems like there is always something wore out around here.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

When I was younger, I didn't have much for tools, and it made everything harder, if not impossible. Every job took 3 times as long too. It was miserable.
It's still like that at my dad's to some degree. It drives me nuts. He will tear into something over there, I end up working on it, but have to constantly run over to my house to get tools or whatever. His garage floor is all broken and rough so I can't use a creeper, and it's a standard 24x24 so there's no room. There's also no lighting. I hate working over there. If I'm working on something and need a tool I don't have, I will buy it. Not him. He will try and borrow or make a mess with the wrong tool. Years ago, he had no choice, but he doesn't need to now. I guess now he figures at 82, there's no sense in buying them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….I know a million people like that but they are much younger……..and cheaper………”hey Jack, got a swivel socket for a 11/16’s?.

Just another reason for my isolation.

Light? yea, I agree, you have to have light and lots of it…you saw my picture last week. I’ve since pulled the string on 4 of them and it’s still bright and it only takes a second to repull the string when I’m working.

Do pops a favor and go buy him a few LED’s then take ALL of your tools to his place and ask to borrow them once in a while. Look at all the room you’ll have for another Harley and he’ll think you’re a nice guy. You could even put on “the coat” and steal some of your stuff that’s in bad shape and make him replace it.

Hey GK, if I didn’t HAVE to turn wrench’s I wouldn’t….but it is convenient to fix something at home instead of making appointments and having someone follow you and all that other b.s…….also, you don’t have to skin your knuckles……when pushing a wrench, use a box end with the minimal amount of points and push with the palm of your hand.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Item #1,

Here’s 4 U.S. senators in a safe room in Israel during the start of the shelling last week. Some are not pictured or have their heads turned. Three are democrats and looks who’s with them…….

Item #2,

In 100+ degree heat you would think it would be cooler NOT to have a ski mask on.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The worst part is, I'm going to end up with that garage.
Eventually, we will move over there. Then, either rent this place as a retirement income, or the kids will take it when they come back from Alaska.
My tools will come with me, however. Along with my Lista bench and drawers.
I WILL have to do something about that garage though.

Sadly, the people in the second picture are more honest. And, cause us less harm.
Notice how half of them are armed with our rifles. Of course, we probably bought ALL of them.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Did I read that right? “More honest” “cause us less harm”……they are terrorists.

Heck, I’d stay where you’re at…smaller=simpler=less maintenance=less taxes=less loot. You have a kick azz detached garage and a nice basement….they are the only rooms I concern myself with. And then by having smaller space you can always tell “hopefuls”, “sorry, we don’t have any extra room” 😜. One of the reasons I took the back seat out of the rubicon and Ole Yeller…..”sorry, I can only take one person, looks like we are going to have to take yours.

Could you imagine renting out pops place for immigrants? In a month there would be 80 people living there.

You’ve been here…I could cut the last two rooms off on the far end and still have enough room. We shut the doors on two rooms.

On pops garage…it ain’t nuttin to pour 4” of strong cement right over top.

Oh! I get it on the “second picture”. 😜. 👌🏿. 🤪

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah I figgerd you'd get it.
Yeah, I'd have to not only cap that pad, but extend the whole garage. Not enough room for all my junk. :D

Sitting downstairs watching The World at War series again. The Germans are just going into Poland now.
Best documentary I've ever seen. Period.
I used to watch it right after Benny Hill, every Saturday night, with my dad. I bought the whole series on Blu Ray a couple years ago. It weren't cheap, but worth every penny.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh man! Nasty…nasty…..an airplane flight was cancelled from some island to London because someone dropped a brownie in front of the toilet……where’s GK?……were you on vacation on some island eating a lot of food..

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Not me, I was house trained as a kid . :lol:
I've been trying to get my email to work, my tablet has terminal problems and I'm now using one I was going to throw out years ago. Looks like I'm going to have to visit the big town to get another one.

I agree about the terrorists they do a lot less harm than politicians :evil:

We have got some awful weather here it's cold, windy and wet, one thing that's consistent is British weather.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya GK on the email issues…….my first IPad, bought in 2013 just stopped being e mail friendly. I know little about modern technology so I put up with it for several years and earlier this year I broke down and bought a new iPad and poof! I instantly got my email back.

But I still don’t use it but maybe once a month. I mass delete everything once a week or so and don’t even bother to look where they come from.

Getting chilly here…been firing up the wood stove nightly for short periods.——-00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I hit the range today. Man, I don't do that like I used to. Shot the little 44 Trapper, a 94 carbine, and my GSR. My dad shot his 94 Trapper. Been a while since I shot that GSR. I forget just how awesome that thing is. Man that thing is deadly. It just won't miss when you are running fast. As you boys know, I'm a hard core Winchester man, but if forced to only have one rifle, I'd be tempted to take that Ruger GSR.
This afternoon, the wife took the granddaughter back down to our sons, mybdad had a Dr's appointment, so I hauled a mess of pallets up to camp by myself. Almost took a shotgun, and I should have. Saw a fat partridge on the way in. Oh well!
It was so nice up there today I hated to leave. I bummed around for awhile and took a walk. Just soaked it up. It'll be hunting season in a couple weeks. Can't wait!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya sure got that road looking nice…..leaves falling I can see…..we are still green with a hint of color change….but what do I know, I’m color blind…….

I realize that with your 200 acres, you’re short on land 😝 but did you ever think about making your own range ….just a shorty, maybe 75 yards with a couple of intermittent berms…..

What is a GSR? Is that the thing that pops is shooting?

Man, did I have a ripper when I got up…..let the dogs out and I stepped out onto the landing and boom!…..the dogs got scared and ran back inside.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gunsite Rifle. Sort of for those who like the scope forward. Jeff Cooper liked this. Not a fan myself, more for the crew that likes both eyes open.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. OS is correct. The Ruger Gunsite Scout. It has M1 style iron sights, will take a forward scope or red dot, or a conventional scope. I have mine in QD rings so I can swap it around as I please or the use changes. It is the most practical and useful rifle I have. It takes Accuracy International pattern mags.
I like a scout scope for field use. It is blazingly quick and doesn't impede running the bolt. The scout scope isn't impressive off the bench, but offhand in a hurry it's incredible.

Welcome back to the show OS.

Yeah, the leaves are dropping here. It's still real pretty though. All the good fall smells. It goes too fast. Mountains are getting a little snow here and there.