Take your Rossi and bury it….

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Take your Rossi and bury it….

Post by AJMD429 »

(…this is for Sixgun, in case he has more than he needs for tomato stakes… :lol: )

https://youtu.be/FSzmP0DqsEg

Paul’s channel has been one of the best. Solid information, delivered with humility and a touch of humor.

I would say that as far as the advice on using GPS, some of the scenarios in which one might be digging up those Rossis might involve situations where GPS would not be available. I also think I’d toss in a silica gel canister to absorb moisture. Maybe include a first aid kit and way more 22LR ammo.

I plan on ‘bugging in’ vs ‘out’ due to a combination of age and stubbornness, so I don’t do the ‘cache’ thing - my ‘cache’ is sitting in the living room in my gun safe and in the kitchen in the pantry cabinet, but I can see why someone living in a city might want stuff out there somewhere they could access if chaos and disaster and societal collapse were to occur from a true catastrophe - like an EMP or Democrats ‘winning’ the next election.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Take your Rossi and bury it….

Post by GunnyMack »

Having something 'away' from home isn't a bad idea, you are at work when the proverbial fan gets hit, have to flee fast but it's on foot or someone else's vehicle. You know you can get to your stash as an insurance policy before you get home. It's a backup to your backup.
But I don't have anything buried- too much rocks in this area! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:32 am Having something 'away' from home isn't a bad idea, you are at work when the proverbial fan gets hit, have to flee fast but it's on foot or someone else's vehicle. You know you can get to your stash as an insurance policy before you get home. It's a backup to your backup. I don't have anything buried- too much rocks in this area!
Yeah I do try to keep a “what if I have to walk [30 miles] home” kit in my vehicle. That could be a long, long walk if the weather was nasty, and worse yet if there were desperate masses of people panicking along the way.

I wish our political ‘leaders’ weren’t such pitiful excuses for sphincters, because the planet has enough renewable resources, and humankind has enough technology and knowledge of history, that we should be able to live without the unnecessary chaos of war, terrorism, and rampant violent crime. But as the Bible and other historical and religious documents tell us, we are a very imperfect species (…although I have always felt that Raquel Welch was pretty close to perfect:D 😍)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 am although I have always felt that Raquel Welch was pretty close to perfect… :D 😍)
I heard someone say once that no matter how beautiful and attractive someone is, there is always someone else in the world who sees them and says, "Here comes ______ and I am so tired of their shiq!" :lol:
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

A good metal detector would help, too. :wink:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes and until there is only 1 human beings left on earth there will always be war.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I heard the story years ago that when someone was visiting Finland, they asked why Finns poured oil on their flower beds. The answer? To keep their rifles from rusting.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I knew a guy who wouldn’t say whether or not he actually had any firearms or other things buried on his property, but he said he took great delight in burying scraps of metal here and there on the property just to bother anyone whoever came around with a metal detector. :lol:

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That's a great idea!
I would take chunks of steel and weld notes on them- Moron, FJB, Getting warmer! Ya good wholesome things then bury . :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I wouldn't bury a Rossi, but if it were particularly troublesome I might use it for a tomato stake.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 am
AJMD429 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 am although I have always felt that Raquel Welch was pretty close to perfect… :D 😍)
I heard someone say once that no matter how beautiful and attractive someone is, there is always someone else in the world who sees them and says, "Here comes ______ and I am so tired of their shiq!" :lol:
I've heard variations on that theme many times! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad Paul is still with us. That forest sure makes me miss Oregon.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 am Glad Paul is still with us. That forest sure makes me miss Oregon.
Our family moved from beautiful Oregon to mundane Indiana before my birth, and I always thought "what if we'd stayed?" but with the politics now I'm glad to be in Indiana. I do think the northern mixed deciduous forests are awesome though.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, the mixed deciduous forests ARE beautiful. The Texas mesquite forests not so much. :lol:
I just spent Mother's Day weekend with my sweetheart in Las Cruces and came home via Cloudcroft and the Sacramento Mountains. At 9,000 feet the aspens with their new green leaves were positively glistening under the Doug firs and Ponderosa pines. My father was a forester, and I grew up in the forests of Oregon and Washington and the Redwoods of far northern California. They seem to be part of my DNA, they are so familiar to me.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I grew up in the hardwoods here on the east coast but I HATE the leaves. Love the trees but oh how I despise fall.
I learned early that I love sage brush country! To me high desert is where it's at. Man how I spent countless hours chasing blue belly fence lizards as a kid, feeding scorpions to red ants, looking for snattle rakes. Ahhh the memories of being a kid visiting my grandmother near Lake Tahoe.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!