A really BIG 'AK'...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

A really BIG 'AK'...

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/gisbc8h1tAc

Wow... (for those easily offended by the f-bomb, Brandon Herrera swears like a sailor...)

THAT would be a gun I'd spend extra on for a fancy Cerakote finish...

One interesting thing is how MUCH the barrel flexes - see the slo-mo footage towards the end.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A really BIG 'AK'...

Post by GunnyMack »

All barrels move like that Doc. Just we don't see it. One of the reasons to free float, or add a pressure point to the barrel channel. Of course in this case to gas port really makes the harmonics weird.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That gun reminds me of the single shot that was posted here a year or so ago…….I sure ain’t putting something that powerful next to my head when Barrett’s are available.

Plus, I didn’t see no groups in the vid.

That single shot was really somethin’…..a screw on cap at the end……the same thing is going to happen to that AK as parts start to fatigue.

I can see it now….a Rossi AK in the big 50, guaranteed to blow up at the first shot, but only if the loaded round will chamber.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Interesting project all right -- and the nature of that barrel flex surprised me. Would love to see it set up for three-round burst mode. I wonder how many thousands of dollars went into this endeavor.
I've been fortunate in that friends have let me put a few rounds through their Barretts and McMillans, and I no longer have the least itch to own or shoot the big BMG anymore.
Now if someone is offering to let me shoot their Krupp mountain gun ... 8)