OT: "Adverse weather conditions" in Hodgkins, IL???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

OT: "Adverse weather conditions" in Hodgkins, IL???

Post by Woodtroll »

Folks,

I have been waiting on a package that UPS shipped from Arizona on Sept. 10, that has yet to reach VA. It has been delayed and rescheduled twice. The first time there was no explanation; this time it is "Adverse weather conditions". Did Ike hit IL that hard, or was there a blizzard I missed? I wanted to ask the only nation-wide group I have contact with, before I call UPS up and read to them from the book.

Thanks for your help, Regan
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT: "Adverse weather conditions" in Hodgkins, IL???

Post by J Miller »

Here in Springfield we had two days of heavy steady rain with some heavy wind. Nothing that would cause any problems from my perspective, but ...... up in the Chicago area where Hodgkins is Blojobavich has declared emergencies in three counties.
So they might be telling you the truth.

Joe,.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45Jack »

A lot of the Chicago suburbs are flooded.
And you are correct, it was Ike. Hogdkins would be a near West 'burb, right off I-55.
The problem is that at the IL/IN border the interstate has been closed since Saturday because it's under water.
State and County roads are crawling with truck traffic.
Be patient, they got nailed by the proverbial act of God.
Woodtroll
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodtroll »

Thanks, guys, I did not realize that it had gotten that bad that far north. That's why I wanted to ask before I read them the riot act. The southern Appalachians have gotten passed by all summer- we can't even seem to draw in rain from a hurricane. I'm glad we're not dealing with the severe weather those folks are, though.

I do appreciate your input, and will keep all the victims of weather the past few weeks in our family's prayers. Y'all take care,

Regan
Running the ridges and rivers of Virginia's southern Appalachians