Finnish Forum Members - Our condolences and a question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Finnish Forum Members - Our condolences and a question

Post by Hobie »

So sorry to hear of another school shooting in Finland.

Was this guy a Darwinist nut case as well? Just how are the proposed gun laws going to stop these idiots from killing people to get people off the planet?

I know we have guests from Finland here. We'd like to hear from you.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Nordsee
Levergunner

Re: Finnish Forum Members - Our condolences and a question

Post by Nordsee »

Hallo!

In our media, we barely get any new information, because the story seems to be out of focus.
However after endless remarks about the weapons law in Finland, last reports were that the some of the victims
died of smoke intoxication, and there were explosives at least carried into the school where the massacre took place.
Also the aggressor had contact via internet with the one who commited the shooting 10 months ago, and the planning started 6 years ago.
The weapon used was also a Walther P22, and it was said to be bought in the same gun store, although it is 300 km away of his place of residence.

A very sad story.

Greetings
Nordsee
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I'd also like to offer my condolences to all involved in this senseless act.
I really do not know what people are thinking now.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Maybe Old Shatterhand will let us know something soon.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Sensless is sensless no matter where it ocurres.

I feel for the kids, teachers and parents.

And I can't help but ask the same question I ask every time this kinda thing happens here - what if some of the teachers and administrators were trained and armed?

In our schools here, there are ex military and ex law enforcement folks - perfect candidates for "designated defenders" in the schools.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nothing is as disenheartening as the taking of innocent life for no reason whatsoever. I think about this all the time and I have come to the conclusion that a small percentage of people are just "wired" that way. Sometimes, these people get into positions of power---hence, the 2nd. amendment.-------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Sensless is sensless no matter where it ocurres.

I feel for the kids, teachers and parents.

And I can't help but ask the same question I ask every time this kinda thing happens here - what if some of the teachers and administrators were trained and armed?

In our schools here, there are ex military and ex law enforcement folks - perfect candidates for "designated defenders" in the schools.
+1

Condolences and prayers offered...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Nordsee wrote:Hallo!

In our media, we barely get any new information, because the story seems to be out of focus.
However after endless remarks about the weapons law in Finland, last reports were that the some of the victims
died of smoke intoxication, and there were explosives at least carried into the school where the massacre took place.
Also the aggressor had contact via internet with the one who committed the shooting 10 months ago, and the planning started 6 years ago.
The weapon used was also a Walther P22, and it was said to be bought in the same gun store, although it is 300 km away of his place of residence.

A very sad story.

Greetings
Nordsee
So he was indeed a co conspirator with the previous shooter, somebody missed by the police in their investigation of the earlier incident.

There was a recent TV show in which they were using this phenomenon of the Darwinist agent (I think that's the term). A Darwinist agent is somebody who kills his fellows to remove people from the face of the earth. You know, we've been making fun of the environmental wackos especially those that want abortion widely used to eliminate further population growth or are sterilized to do the same. We've said such things as "they should put up or shut up, if they don't kill themselves the commitment is pretty weak." Well, some are nutty enough to kill themselves and take some of the rest of us with them. They are "jihadists" with a different religion. :(
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Most people think this is a U.S. problem, it's not. It's global and with Muslim extremists it's only going to be a matter of time before one of their cells hit a sizeable school and make a statement. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. If you have children still attending school I think it's your moral obligation to contact their school and make sure there's an immediate action plan in place for an active shooter and it's being drilled periodically. We have fire drills in school and when was the last time you heard of a fire in a school killing our children. It's almost unheard of anymore, but they keep drilling for fires. They need to drill on an active shooter too.

My condolences to those families that have been forever altered by this incident. May God bless you.
Old Law Dawg