OT I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

OT I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RKrodle »

Some scum bucket stole a box of checks out of our mail box and is writing checks all over the county!! I'm so mad I could spit nails!! Just got back from the bank from having to close out our account, waiting for the Sheriff's Deputy to get here so we can make a report with them. We're lucky that my wife keeps pretty close tabs online of the account. The bank, small town private bank, was very helpful and handled everything quickly and painlessly for us. Now if I can just get my hands on the *** I will fill alot better.
Ricky

DWWC
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT I'm MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mescalero1 »

In these times of electronic gadgetry you would think there would be a way to preclude that from happening.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

That's awful. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can recover everything.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Sorry to hear RKRodle! Hope they catch them.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Got a septic tank? Make a good resting place for him, no.
A farmer friend had a trailer stolen one night and stayed up for nights hoping he/they would come back so he could shoot them! I asked what ya gonna do with them if you get one? " fire the digger up and bury them"( thats a little short really, it was alot more colourfull than that really) he said, I suggested a good cartridge and make sure you don't just wing him :wink:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Why is there still such a thing as checks?

Or banks?
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

The last order of checks we received was in a new, different style of packaging so it was not readily identifiable as checks. I happened to be at the mail box when the postman delivered them. He asked what was in the package as he had been delivering a lot of them around town. I didn't know myself at the time and had to open it up to find out. So apparently this is a widespread problem.

Hope they catch your bastard. :evil:
NRA Life Member
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. I get NO mail at home. I have a post office box. I live in the country and anyone would have access to it to do just what they did to you. The nice thing about checks is that he/she is more than likely passing them to people and not just sending them in the mail. That means witnesses.

Fire up the digger. I think you're referring to the three S's, shoot, shovel and shut up.
Old Law Dawg
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've said it before on this board and I'll say it again, "Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill 'em."---------------Get yourself a bottle of Jack Daniels, pour some out and pour in a pinch of rat poison, not enough to kill 'em, ,just enough to make 'em real sick--then plant the bottle.----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I knew of a guy once that his nephew did that to him. He got caught and went to jail. Then ol' uncle angry pants went to bail him out. They wouldn't do it cause they knew what would transpire afterwards.

I like Sixgun's theory. I don't know if it's air tight, but I like it. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

If this is a small town and county and your LEO's are any good at all, they will catch this mutt. Kiting checks is not a sport for rocket scientists, they'll get him, I betcha. :x
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

The Deputy came and made a report and took our information. We have copies of some of the checks and will get more in a few days. I'm also going to get the post office involved sense the checks were stolen from our mail box. I'm not ready for a good strong drink yet, I'm not through being mad. As of right now we're not out any money, as the bank took care of that. I will also try and get in touch with the places where the checks were written and let them know what happened. Some of the them are small country places.
Ricky

DWWC
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

What always amazes me is how people can cash a check with somebody else's name and address on it, and the places will cash it with other ID, or no ID.
This same thing happened to my daughter, and the people who did it took her whole purse and ID. Walmart cashed a check and took the thief's picture. The girl cashing the check didn't look anything like my daughter, but they cashed it with her ID anyway!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I pick up checks at the bank and store them in the gun safe...... Hope you catch the *** and teach him a manner or three :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

RKrodle, I'm just glad you didn't lose a bunch of cash. Those checks can be stopped, not so bad. But if they had broke into your house and got your safe opened, and got a wad of cash perhaps, UGH, that's a bad deal. Hope the law catches up with them though. A guy would like to have just one swing with a green 2X4 about 4 feet long, Kerr Pow!!
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

my checking account got hit about 8 months ago, electronically. Wiped it out about $5k. I am so sorry. I hope it all gets to rights soon. If you catch him, give us a call. :twisted:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

rjohns94 wrote:my checking account got hit about 8 months ago, electronically. Wiped it out about $5k. I am so sorry. I hope it all gets to rights soon. If you catch him, give us a call. :twisted:
Almost makes me glad I am so broke I rarely have more than $100 in the bank...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I live in a rural area and I see people get their mailboxes torn up all the time. I get a lot of packages so I have a P.O. Box for them to go to. I don't have a mail box of any kind here at the house. I don't want one either. It only gripes me that I have to pay for the privilege when home delivery is free.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I live in a real quiet part of town, no real trouble; it is an event to see a police car here.
Still, my mailbox looks like it belongs in a war zone, bored kids must be the reason.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ricky, I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll provide the rope if you catch this ***! :evil:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ricky, if you catch this guy, I know a couple of places where you could administer Apache style justice. Red ants, stakes in the ground, and honey will make certain that a miscreant mends his ways. Good luck with keeping everything fixed.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost