William Shatner Boston Legal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

William Shatner Boston Legal

Post by arjunky »

I don't remember if he's Pro-gun or not, but pretty good add.

http://www.tv.com/video/15055/dances-wi ... mary;vCurt

Byron
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Re: William Shatner Boston Legal

Post by jkbrea »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was good.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That was great! :lol:
NRA Life Member
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

:lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I like. But again, the purpose of the Denny Crane character is to be an Over the Top "conservative" stereotype to be held up to ridicule...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Old Ironsights wrote:I like. But again, the purpose of the Denny Crane character is to be an Over the Top "conservative" stereotype to be held up to ridicule...
Well, just call me an "Over the Top" conservative.

The "Hollywood" bit of shooting for the kneecaps is what's "Over the Top" (and P.C.). That situation calls for center mass shots.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

I have never bothered to check on Mr. Shatner's stance towards guns, but somewhere around 30 years ago I remember seeing him in an article in "Archery World" magazine, showing him as a bowhunter.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I ve never seen that show but that clip was hilarious.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Outstanding!!!!!!! :D
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

THAT WAS AWESOME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I love the show, mostly for Shatner's humor.

During the first season there was an episode where a guy came in to shoot Spader's character, an Shatner pulls out one of those old AR-7 survival rifles from the cabinet, puts it together, then shoots the guy.

The whole time he was putting it together he was talking about being was an ex- Marine sniper. It was so funny :lol:

I found it !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xN_5R4eL_A
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That one was great also! I might have to start watching that show. :lol:
NRA Life Member
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Yes that was very entertaining, but...the entire episode was a parody to ridicule our societies fascination with guns. Unfortunately I watched the whole thing(my wife thinks its great).
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

That is the first time someone shot by Denny Crane survived. He generally either does a double tap on the body or a head shot. IIRC, his body count is three or four DOA, and now one mugger wounded, three times.

What tickled heck out of me was the cop's testimony about the "propane device that allowed him to lit his fanny burbs and turn them into a flamethrower."

I know the show has a strong Liberal bent, but it is still my favorite TV show.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

thats got to be one of the best seasons on TV in a long time :D
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Unfortuanately, the show shows him as a buffoon. It demeans all things conservative especially gun rights. Remember, this is hollywood. The land of "guns for me, because I'm special, not for you".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TomD »

You are right, Shatner was an archer. Even though he started out at Stratford in Shakespear, Shatner's characters are all over the top. People expect it, so it probably doesn't have as much effect as it would if others were doing a take off. In his case it's Shatner, being Shatner, in someone else's case it would be the show nailing conservatives.

I saw him once in a roast, I hate those things. They had all these name "comics" saying harsh things about him in fun. And when he got to reply he devastated them. He was a cut above them, which was how he handled it. He seemed pretty smart. I think he also brought out a biography recently and he was interviewed on the CBC, again, he was pretty interesting. Easily underestimated.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Well I've never seen the show, and probably wont, but that was just plain entertaining for the short time it lasted!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hahahahaha! Great!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

jeepnik wrote:Unfortuanately, the show shows him as a buffoon. It demeans all things conservative especially gun rights. Remember, this is hollywood. The land of "guns for me, because I'm special, not for you".
You missed the point Jeep.

Denny was charged with carrying an unregistered handgun. He chose to be defended by someone he was certain would loose the case. His reasoning was that if he lost, he could appeal and the appellate court could overturn Massachusetts anti-gun laws.

The closing remarks were little more than jibberish and buffonery, yet the jury found him not guilty, much to Denny's chagrin.

One thing I find most refreshing, and even encouraging, the attorneys on Boston Legal do not hesitate to defend positions with which they do not agree. They even defend very conservative positions that they personally oppose and do an excellent job of making their cases.

Sure Denny Crane is a buffoon. Most people consider William Shatner to be a buffoon. But in spite of his "Mad Cow" inspired buffoonery, Denny Crane occasionally drops some pretty darned pithy comments.

Without the Denny Crane and Alan Shore characters, I would not bother watching the show at all. In fact, I find Alan Shore's character strongly reminiscent of our old friend Kid Cossack. And it is the only TV series with William Shatner that I've watched since the demise of the original Star Trek. I will miss the show when it ends.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Doc Hudson wrote:
jeepnik wrote: ...Without the Denny Crane and Alan Shore characters, I would not bother watching the show at all... it is the only TV series with William Shatner that I've watched since the demise of the original Star Trek. I will miss the show when it ends.
Right on. When it runs out, there is always Netflix to bring it back!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I always liked Shatner. A fellow Canadian, he was born and raised in Montreal, just down the road from me.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Doc Hudson wrote:
jeepnik wrote:Unfortuanately, the show shows him as a buffoon. It demeans all things conservative especially gun rights. Remember, this is hollywood. The land of "guns for me, because I'm special, not for you".
You missed the point Jeep.

Denny was charged with carrying an unregistered handgun. He chose to be defended by someone he was certain would loose the case. His reasoning was that if he lost, he could appeal and the appellate court could overturn Massachusetts anti-gun laws.

The closing remarks were little more than jibberish and buffonery, yet the jury found him not guilty, much to Denny's chagrin.

One thing I find most refreshing, and even encouraging, the attorneys on Boston Legal do not hesitate to defend positions with which they do not agree. They even defend very conservative positions that they personally oppose and do an excellent job of making their cases.

Sure Denny Crane is a buffoon. Most people consider William Shatner to be a buffoon. But in spite of his "Mad Cow" inspired buffoonery, Denny Crane occasionally drops some pretty darned pithy comments.

Without the Denny Crane and Alan Shore characters, I would not bother watching the show at all. In fact, I find Alan Shore's character strongly reminiscent of our old friend Kid Cossack. And it is the only TV series with William Shatner that I've watched since the demise of the original Star Trek. I will miss the show when it ends.
Don't watch the show. My wife does. Like I said, the show shows Shatner's character as a buffoon. It is a put down for gun rights. Everyone else on the show in "real" life would just love to disarm everyone but themselves. They're special don't you know.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Scorn me if you must, but THAT was FUNNY!!! :lol:
I don't watch much TV at all -- in fact, didn't know this show existed until just now... but I might have to watch this one!!!!
:D
John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968