Winchester 1876 .45-75

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Winchester 1876 .45-75

Post by Hobie »

I've updated some info in my 1876 article.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 1876 .45-75

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Well done. A lot of work in that 45-75. I bet it feels good once you get to touch a few off though.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Excellent reference article. I will remember it's there if I ever get one of these bit rifles.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Well done. A lot of work in that 45-75. I bet it feels good once you get to touch a few off though.
I can't believe I've had the gun almost 2 years now! :shock: Yeah, it is neat to shoot. :D
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have had mine for a few years, also, Hobie, and it remains unfired as of this date. I just have been too cheap to get some brass. I was kinda waiting for Jamison to make a run, but suppose that won't be happening soon, so .50 AKs will have to suffice. I'll go ahead and get a few to cut down and work with to perfect the process. I do expect to lose a few in doing so, but that's part of the forming and loading game, I guess. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Just be sure to anneal those cases after you form them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

You're doing better than me. I haven't got mine put back together yet after coming back from Turnbull. One small correction, RCBS has MUCH cheaper dies for the 45-75 now, in the same ballpark as the Lyman Classics. The tests we talked aobut will ahave to come after the snow drifts blow away.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Y'all are worse off than I am but I think it is too darn cold to set up the chronograph.

I noticed Brian Pearce did his 1876 testing at 18 and 25 degrees. Yikes, that's darn cold around here. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

I checked with Graf, my Jamison 45-75 brass has been on backorder with them since April of 2007!!! So I make all my brass out of .348. Get about 20-25 uses out of them b4 they get tossed. I have to neck anneal twice during fireforming and then every 8-10 uses. PITA to make, I sure hope Jamison can churn some out soon.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

Good work Hobie. I looked at and original, price almost tripped my gag response! Mebbe I will fall into a repro.
J
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.