OT - So stereotypical…

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - So stereotypical…

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I had to stop by the post office yesterday afternoon – something I dread most times of the year, but especially this time of the year. If anyone ever thinks more government in our lives is a good idea – ala “government health careâ€
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Volvo's are way too good for Liberals.......I think Cheap Mini-Vans come to mind when I think Liberals........drummers, too...but they really do need them :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Too shy YK :wink:

My favorite thing to do with people like that is say "shut up and get in line" you get the best looks of surprise. And if they give ya any guff just point back and say "you think these people want to hear you being a brat?"

People like that do it cuz they never had someone tell them they are being bad. It's there way of getting results. Embarrass them once and they learn quick.

Ya just got to remember to KEEP YOUR COOL.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey YK I didn't know you had a thing about Volvo station wagons over there too! Over here I find most Volvo's are driven by people with no regard for anyone else on the road! It figures that she was a fan of the Witch.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

+1.. 8)
Have made those same observations many times. I use to get really angry when I would see it, but know I think it is hillarious.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

People like that make me want to.................. no I not going to say it. You did good Ysable, Merry Christmas.

Ricky
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

Stereotyping and profiling are about the same thing. Looke down on by many, but I find it sure is effective. I "go with my gut". It is very difficult sometimes not to call the idiot an idiot, but with all the stickers on my vehicle the other side will sterotype me. :D
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

+1 to Joe Reilly
I find most people I meet fit for the most part into a definable group. The faster you figure out what group they fit into the better you know how to deal with them.

Personaly I cannt stand rude people in public and I let them know when they have ticked me off.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I don't know if it's really considered stereotyping to assess a situation due to personal past experience.

Take this one for example: When I had my FFL I used to deal with companies all over the country. Four times I had dealing with different companies in Ca. All four times service just plain blew. With one company I had to threaten to call ATF on them to get them to send me the guns that had been paid for with Postal Money orders. We're talking about holding my money for something like three weeks. Out of 4 times I was bating 100%. Quite frankly if I see someone with a Ca. return address I'll look for someone else to deal with. I don't know if they have different expectations out there or what, but I have been influenced by my past experience.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I'm a duck theologian.
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck, and walks like a duck... it a f-ing duck.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Rusty wrote:I don't know if it's really considered stereotyping to assess a situation due to personal past experience.

Take this one for example: When I had my FFL I used to deal with companies all over the country. Four times I had dealing with different companies in Ca. All four times service just plain blew. With one company I had to threaten to call ATF on them to get them to send me the guns that had been paid for with Postal Money orders. We're talking about holding my money for something like three weeks. Out of 4 times I was bating 100%. Quite frankly if I see someone with a Ca. return address I'll look for someone else to deal with. I don't know if they have different expectations out there or what, but I have been influenced by my past experience.

Rusty <><
My oh my. You and "Ysabel Kid" seem to be painting ALL Californians with a broad brush today.
ED
Yer never too old
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

No Ed, I was the only one that said anything about folks from Ca. but what I was saying is that it's hard to not remember those problems I had in the past when dealing with someone there. I thought about that before I posted this here as I know there are some fine people who are members of this board who live in Ca., although personally I don't think I could live in a state that passes the laws they pass there.

Rusty <><

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Oh, if she had tried to cut in front of me I would have dressed her down but quick. She stepped up to the counter beside me and was waited on by the other employee of the post office.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

YK

Post by rjohns94 »

Great post. Your observations are too true!!!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

I hate standing in line. Give me an appointment & everythings well & good.

Being a vet, I get to use VA. Sometimes rude people like to push to the front of the line. It has happened to me a couple of times. When they did, I just talked to them like a 20's gangster. Called them a "Mug" and used the vernacular of those days. Both were shocked. They were vets too! See!

It was alot of fun. They were taken aback, laughed & a good time was had by all. Civility was restored.

Micky Spillane was right!

See!!!

LeverBob
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

Know what you mean about people that drive Volvos. Thur. nite went to my 4 yr ol's grandsons Christmass program. Left about 3 ft between the car in front of me so I could get out (was parking on the street and I have a 3/4 ton P/U with a long trailer hitch). Had no sooner got the words out of my mouth to my wife about somebody parking up tight behind me when a "Volvo: pulled right up on my trailer hitch (bumped it) and left their car parked against it. Asked them if they knew where I lived and with the deer in the headlights look said no. Told them if I had to back up any to get out the hitch would go right under their front bumper and I would tow it out to the country where I live. My wife just lookd at the ground and shook her head( she's use to my temperment), the Yuppie coundent get into the car fast enough and back up about 4 feet. Went to the program and guess who I sat behind. Wife woundent let me do nothing.As soon as the program was over they coundent get to their car fast enough.
Agreat time had by me. :twisted:

Gun Runner
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

you walked away from all that fun...
you should have said something to her... like
Lifes a bitch......dont vote for one!
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Don't throw the 240 Volvo into that stereo type! They are the best, I've had 2 go over 300k and the average cost of owning them has been $1000 a year, that's all expenses except gas and oil. The newer Volvos, feel free to beat them with a stick! But don't say anything offensive to the Liberal driver behind the wheel:twisted:
Molon Labe
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Awesome.

Can I tell a related story?

A woman we all worked with, a paramedic, had been nothing but trouble since she started; always carrying some chip on her rather wide, sturdy lesbian shoulder. I mean, she came in on her FIRST DAY and started slapping up gay pride parade announcements, rainbow stickers, etc.

Nothing at all against a person's sexuality, but I don't go around slapping up pictures of curvy latin women with nice round bottoms, or Hetero pride stickers for that matter.
Over her three year career there, she ticked off everyone. She would get a partner on the ambulance, bully them around, bully patients around, and lose her cool on calls.

Well, I was unlucky enough to be paired up with her on a truck, and it started right away. We talked about guns, and she told me she owned a few and loved them. Five minutes later, she told me she was voting for Hillary.
Classic.
I said, "If you like having a gun, you won't like having Hillary in office; you'll only end up habing to pay fees to own them IF she even wants you to have them. I disagree with her ideas of big government making people their dependants, and forever stripping away our constitutional rights in the name of 'the greater good'."

She just stared at me.
She would routinely champion herself as a "Patient Advocate", and when she convinced a Pt. not to go with us, (because she had to get off her shift in time,) she would say, "Oh, the healthcare system is so overburdened with people who don't need to go, and she doesn't need another hospital bill anyway..." -Such a big-hearted girl! (sarcasm,)

I said, "Well, with Hillary's proposed healthcare system, you'll see a LOT more people calling us to take them to the hospital; since they don't foot the bill and the gov't. does, it's no big deal to go for every little ache and pain. The only reason these welfare folks call is because they have Medicare and ARE NOT paying the bill."

Again, I just got a blank look.

At any rate, she didn't like me, so tried to go behind my back and discredit me, sort of a pre-emptive charcter hit. I found out about it and dropped the bomb on her. I went to my shift commander, and then we took it to the bossman. She got canned, as it was the fifth time she's tried to screw with someone she didn't want on "her" truck.

She was alousy parner, a lousy paramedic, and an even more lousy person. She would regulary fly nto a fit of rage about anything and everything, and wrote constant "letters to the editor" about Mike Vick, her favorite mayor, (Shirley Franklin, yuck...) and anything she got her hackles raised about. A muck-stirring, fork-tongued, backstabbing, hypocritical douche.
Classic Hillary supporter, but mostly because she's gay.
I'm glad she's a member of the vast minority.
JoeArizona
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JoeArizona »

Let me start by saying this is not directed at anyone on this forum. And pardon if it is slightly off the theme of the thread. But...

Having worked for years with 'The Public' and in a public capacity for 'The Government'...unfortunately we don't have the luxery of picking our customers.

Granted, I have been the victim of poor service myself, and it disappoints me when that happens. I always try to give it what I call the 'Parent/Grandparent' test. It goes like this...pretend your customer, etc. is YOUR parent/grandparent and treat them like you would want someone to treat YOUR parent/grandparent.

I know you guys that have worked with the public can relate, but I think everyone should be required to serve one year of their lives working to satisfy 'The Public'. I think it would change our country more than any other one single thing!

Merry Christmas to everyone on this forum! :D
Joe

---

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Scott, you're so right about the healthcare system in our country. It's broken but it's from too much Gov't now. A Doc in the ER at one of the hospitals where my wife worked had a plan. All these people that get welfare should have a fee taken from their monthly check each time they have a hospital call. The abuse of the system is what is putting hospitals out of business.

Rusty <><

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I've had a disproportionate number of teen/twenty something white girls with the Obama bumper stickers try to run me off the road. Girl power....yeah :? s

PS: I find your observation about the Hillary folks to be pretty much true.
Their mantra is tolerance for all, except Conservative Christians, who are the next to pond scum and amoeba's to them. That's OK...I'll still treat em as good as the next guy. There are bigger things at stake than my pride. Apparently, gulp, God loves them as much or more than he loves me. What are you gonna do? :) You can bet I'll be in the vote booth next year, and anyone else I can push pull or drag!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8