OT Used the front stuffer today,,,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

OT Used the front stuffer today,,,

Post by Nath »

and took 4 pheasant and 1 woodcock. Missed a whole bunch to!
I used my pedersoli 12g that you have seen before and used 1 1/4oz loads and a little less powder by volume. I used card wads but as we had a raw dry cold wind the fouling would get hard and so I used every now and then a greased 1/2 fiber wad to soften things up again. I used no5s shot but to be honest I feel sure that last year on this same shoot I did better with 7s (which I think is more like your 6). I think the pattern is to sparse espeicialy for woodcock.
I was the only M/L there today and I was pleased with the comments of support from the other guys :)

The gun was used on Wednesday too and left powdered since then but fired perfect at the start of today.
Swabbed the barrels out with water and then boiling water and greased her up when dry, 15mins.

You wing shooters should get one and put the skill back into your bird hunting :wink:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Used the front stuffer today,,,

Post by Borregos »

Sounds like a great day out Nath :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very kewl. congrats on the wonderful day out.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Neat...

I'l bet there's no pix 'cause you're got the front-stuffer -- and all the game -- to clean.

( Too bad... You take nice pix! )

Still, it's GREAT to see someone getting out for game!! :D

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH