Antlers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Antlers

Post by El Chivo »

Well, I checked with Fish and Game, they said shed antlers are legal to collect as long as I don't sell them. If you check the code, you can sell them if they are made into something else. You can't sell them as heads or mounted antlers. But you can make a lamp or scrimshaw out of them.

This weekend I finally have the time to bring home the 6 PAIRS of antlers I stashed last month after finding them in Deer Heaven. Hope they are still where I stashed them. Will find out tomorrow.

I may take up scrimshaw or something. Let Ebay make me a millionaire. Or at least a thousandaire. First step is, get those antlers home.

At least I found the spot where the deer go to bang their heads against the ground. I will watch it this spring, and get the antlers before they go soft.

Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I pick up quite a few here in CO, my wife and I add them to plain jane lamp bases, we put them on the lathe and make pens out of them, we make bolos with the butts etc. I love hunting antles!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

dkmlever wrote:...we put them on the lathe and make pens out of them...

I bet that's a pain to balance! :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog