First for me--case head sep .22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

First for me--case head sep .22

Post by ceb »

Took advantage of a fairly nice day today shooting one of my Marlin 39A's. I have posted on here a while back in some of the ammo discussions about buying some of the Winchester Xpert .22s in the bulk box. I had never shot any of these, so thought I would see what they would do. Well in the first magazine tube full, about the 7th or 8th shot, I heard an odd sounding report and got some particles back in the face. Bullet made it out of the barrel, but I had to disassemble the gun to clear it. Base of the case at the rim had totally seperated from the body of the case. In the many, many thousands of .22s I shot over the years, this was a first. Course ya can't let the little things interfer with shooting, so I put er back together and went back to making holes in paper.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: First for me--case head sep .22

Post by J Miller »

I'm with you, I've never had that happen. I've had other kinds of splits, but never a case head separation.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I think I'd be sending an e-mail to Winchester. That should be worth another box of ammo.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

If ya saved the pieces, Winchester would want to see them and the end flap off the box (with the stamped lot number). They can't fix what they don't know about. Call em up. They'll send ya a FEDEX label and eventually, some coupons for free stuff.
Certified gun nut
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

Rusty wrote:I think I'd be sending an e-mail to Winchester. That should be worth another box of ammo.
Anybody tried contacting Winchester lately? From what I've heard on a trapshooting forum I hang out on, they are very unresponsive to complaints of faulty or defective ammo.

~Michael