TedH...Henry.22 sight mod??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
victor
Levergunner 2.0

TedH...Henry.22 sight mod??

Post by victor »

TedH,
of all the sight mods i've read about,yours seems to be the best for the Henry H001.I'm looking for a .22 lever gun with a sight set-up that will duplicate my Win m94 set-up(Williams FPw/factory gold bead).
some questions..
what model FP did you use? I assume the FP 94/36.
is there enough metal thickness on the receiver cover to attach the FP?again i assume you attached FP to the side.

could there be any issues with your front sight pressed into the plastic dovetail?cracking of plastic or shifting of sight after alot of shooting?
what make of front sight are you using and what heighth,width sight did you use?any info on your sight set-up would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Vic
Winchester Model 94(61').32 Winchester Special
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: TedH...Henry.22 sight mod??

Post by JerryB »

TedH, I would be interested in seeinf the front sight too. My grandson bought the same Henry and the front sight is not much count.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: TedH...Henry.22 sight mod??

Post by TedH »

You are correct, I used a 94/36 Williams. There is plenty of metal in the cover to hold it securely, in fact the screws don't even protrude all the way through the cover.

You are also correct in that the plastic of the original front sight base didn't hold the dovetailed front sight real tight. I simply applied a small dab of model glue when I pushed it in my dovetail cut, which I just cut by hand with a flat file and a triangular file that I ground one side smooth so I could have a "safe" side that wouldn't cut. I don't know the specs on the front sight, it's just one that I had in my parts box that happened to be just what I needed. I'm not at home right now to get measurements off the sight but I can put some calipers on it this weekend.

NRA Life Member