ONE RAGGED HOLE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

ONE RAGGED HOLE

Post by The Lewis »

Hey, Anyone have experience with the One Ragged Hole sights with their Ruger SA or Levergun? I have a Bisley and a Rossi 92, doing some sight sighting...
Molon Labe
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Not exactly the same thing, but close. I installed a 'ghost ring' rear sight on a Glock 21, and hated it.

Maybe something about my eyes , real or percieved, but it was completely impractical for ME. It was to difficult to aquire the front sight, and obscured too much of the target at longer ranges.

I prefer 'express' style sights with oversized gold beads for fast shooting, and extra tall square posts with extra clearance between post and notch for target work.

I have no experiance with this style sight on a rifle.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I really like the ORH sight on the rifle, they're ok on the handgun, do take some getting used to tho. I prefer the small aperature on the handguns.
dwight
Levergunner

Post by dwight »

I have the small aperture ORH on 3 Ruger Handguns and what seems to be a one of a kind ORH on my 39AS. I really like them. Are they better/worse than other aperture sights? I can't say.

Service can be a bit slow but Buck is a really nice person, just this isn't a full time business for him. Thinking, if memory serves me correctly, he is a tug boat captain and is out several weeks at a time. I had tried to call him about the sight for the 39AS and left a voice mail message for him. It was several weeks before he called back but he did call back and we talked for almost 2 hours. The 39AS sight that he sent was a prototype and it's great but I don't know if he ever put it into production.

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas, Dwight
Last edited by dwight on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

They are a good, high quality product. I like the one on my 9422, but can't warm up to the ghost ring concept on the pistola.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Man! I thought this thread was about Hillary! :?

bogie
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Don't know if they still are or not, :idea: but a couple of issues back the Brownells' catalog had them listed.
Don-T
Levergunner

Post by Don-T »

:twisted: C'mo, Bogie, that's "One Ragged Hole" not "Ho"!

Sorry. couldn't resist. :wink:
NRA Benefactor, Retired submariner
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

ORH???

Hmmm...doesn't increase sight radius and obscures more of the target than even the factory sight does.

Sounds like a winner! :roll:
gunstockmaker
Levergunner

One Ragged Hole

Post by gunstockmaker »

Other than the cost being a little high - I'd recommend the sight with no hesitation. I installed one on my 94 Winchester Trapper - and no kidding, using Hornady's Levelution ammo - it's inside 6" at 200 yards each time. Great ammo but a nearly impossible tash without the One Ragged Hole aperature sight. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
gunstockmaker
Levergunner

Correction

Post by gunstockmaker »

That would be "an impossible task" not tash - anyway - it's an awesome addition to any rear sight and doesn't get in the way like a receiver sight.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The ORH sight is one that people seem to love or hate. I dont hate them but think they are not nearly as usefull as a receiver or tang mounted peep. They hide too much of the field of view IMHO. :wink:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I haven't noticed that there's any more loss of "field of view with the ORH than any other sight."

[img][img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f358/ ... IM0441.jpg[/img][/img]
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I love 'em. I have a Winchester and three Marlins that wear one along with two Rugers. These are really great for hunting, especially in thick cover and at relatively close distances when you need to get on target fast.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.