Winchester mod. 255 22 mag.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Winchester mod. 255 22 mag.

Post by 4t5 »

I recently ran into this rifle in a local store,the price was in the mid 200's. The gun was in great shape except for the butt stock,looked like one side of it saw some solvent it didn't like,but there are no scratches to wood or metal,in fact it could be unfired. question is are these good shooters?. Don't have a 22 mag. lever and the 255 is new to me, although kinda neat look'n , is this a good deal?
Also had a mod 94 pre-safety top eject with 16" barrel and saddle ring, like new for $ 550,also liked this, ,is this a buy at this price? these were brought in by the same guy,and store owner said he was a collector not shooter.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester mod. 255 22 mag.

Post by Nath »

Is that the one with alloy parts? If so I was not impressed with a 22 one I had my hands on once!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yep, the magnum version of the 250. Here's a 150...

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Thanks for the reply's guys, I do believe the gun had an alloy frame, but that looks just like my marlin mod. 60 frame,and I think that is alloy also,i'ts been run'n good for 30 plus years.I'll have to talk myself out of it,sure would be cool to have a 22 mag, to go with my single six.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
hammerman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hammerman »

My dad has one of those mod. 255 22mags and it is an awesome shooter. You can't miss when you shoot that thing. It is thicker and doesn't feel as good when you pack it on a horse, and it has the alloy frame, but it sure seems to be a good gun. I'd say get it. It may not be as pretty as a 9422 but, it's a heck of alot cheaper right now.
Only Winchester levers, one custom 356 top eject bigbore