OT - What do you wish

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

OT - What do you wish

Post by Barcelona Rick »

The older and sicker I get the more I seem to look back. I was thinking about what I got rid of over the years. At 18 I had my .410 single shot, a Winchester 190 .22, a Remington 1100 20 ga, a Newport SXS 12 ga and a Winchester '94 that I bought out of a guys trunk. He gave a receipt and got his gas money and went north. The Newport finally came apart after many max reloads. The 1100 went to a buddy and the '94 was kinda junkie so it left too. After the Navy until about 10 years ago I must have traded/swapped 100 diferent firearms....all legal and all fun. I've been broke and I've been flush during those years so some left for bills and some left for something new. I'll always miss a 1st generation BP SAA, a Winchester 42 solid frame, a Savage 99EG in .250-3000, a 2nd generation .357 Mag SAA and a Marlin .35 Remington. Nothing fancy but just neat guns that I can't replace (other than the Marlin). This past deer season I never loaded my rifle. I sat a couple of times with my boy in his deer blind and helped him process his meat doe. Not sure what's gonna happen next November but if I'm still around I think my grandson and I might try the Marlin .357 on his first deer.....I'll tote my 1949 vintage Winnie 30WCF '94......they'll both be his one day. Men, enjoy your families, guns, the outdoors and your blessings.

jumbeaux
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - What do you wish

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear about your current situation. Hope things get better.

As far as wishing you had some of your old possessions back, well, I can join that club. More than been there and done that. I'd wager that everyone that's a member of this forum has those stories.
Old Law Dawg
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Unless I absolutely have to, I will not sell another gun. Had to unload the collection of 17
after the divorce and decided never again.

The thing that was irreplacible to me was the Fuzzy Farrant grips I had on my Lew Horton
3 inch 44 Spcl 624. All the rest can be replaced with enough cash.

So of what I had before that I have a similar replacement are:

21-4 4 inch 44 Spcl to replace the LH 624
original Win 52 to replace the Browning 52C Sporter
IJ Supershot Sealed Eight to replace the Ruger Bearcat (hand damage makes SA uncomfortable)
S&W 41 to replace the Ruger pistol (that I really didn't like the takedown on)
Marlin 39 to replace the Ruger 10/22

No plans to buy any more centerfire handguns unless maybe a 1911
I will always be a sucker for any interesting 22 LR pistol or rifle.

All my bolt guns will get replaced by leverguns. To date I have 1893 30-30,
Sav 99 T/D that I am going to fit the 22 HP barrel to, and the Win 94 in
44 mag just put on lay away last month.

I will build the project guns I inherited into interesting things as time goes by.
1903, 1917, hi wall, low wall, martini, s&w 3 or 4, couple other 22 pistols.

SO MY WISH is to get the tools/cash necessary to finish all the above. I will also
try my hand at stocking a rifle from scratch.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

What do I wish?

I wish it were 1909. This country was still free and there were lots of places open to roam.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

J Miller wrote:What do I wish?

I wish it were 1909. This country was still free and there were lots of places open to roam.

Joe
+1000

I am a lot younger than most on this forum and I have already experienced the loss of some darn fine weapons that I have sold or traded off that I know I will never be able to afford again. It goes with the mental condition of being a "GUN-NUT." :lol: