right of passage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
plinkin pete
Levergunner 1.0

right of passage

Post by plinkin pete »

Had the pleasure yesterday of breaking in my ten year old nephew to the world of hand and long guns.177 pellet scoped rifle, little heavy but he loved it, Wheel pellet gun, (crosman) he hit the beer can five out of his first six shots, man! was he smilin. His father stood by and watched the lfe long lesson begin for his son. The lads name is Whalen and he is hooked for life, ahhhhhhhh the right of passage.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: right of passage

Post by Modoc ED »

I wanna know who drank the beer out of the can? Hope it wasn't Whalen!!! :)

Good to get the young ones into the shooting sports.
ED
Yer never too old
plinkin pete
Levergunner 1.0

Post by plinkin pete »

Not Whalen, beer! no he was doin straight shots of fresh air:)

Modoc ED wrote:I wanna know who drank the beer out of the can? Hope it wasn't Whalen!!! :)

Good to get the young ones into the shooting sports.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You waited until he was TEN...? The poor kid's got a late start in life now - he'll have to work hard to catch up...!

Just stress safety, even though 'air' rifles and pistols are viewed by many as 'toys'.

Get one of those steel flip-up targets (better yet, two), and a .22 rifle with good sights (peeps or a red-dot scope), and see which one of you can flip up the four bottom targets the fastest. We'd 'handicap' the adult by them using a bolt-action and letting the kid use a levergun or semi-auto, or we'd get two kids going simultaneously with identical .22's. One game we did was to let the kid's shoot each other's TOP target (it resets and flips down the four others) if they wanted; it took extra time, but got you ahead of your competitor.

A couple kids can go through 1,000 rounds easily in one afternoon doing that. (according to the news media, that's two 'arsenals' of ammo :roll: ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Good for you to be teach'n the young'n. 8)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent! We all need to do this several times per year. The anti's are trying their best to ensure fewer and fewer people have a person attachment to this most important of rights and freedom. We need to make sure the opposite occurs - that the next generation of firearms enthusiasts is larger and more dedicated than the current one.

Good man!!! :D
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

stress safety, I just heard about a kid who shot himself with a pellet gun and died, may have been a ricochet or maybe unsafe handling.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Thanks Pete !!! Whatever the age , getting folks interested and learning the safety fundamentals is allways a good thing 8)

ps and if you ever need more cans to shoot at , I'm right down the road in syr .
Phil