Found some primers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergunner 2.0

Found some primers

Post by .45 »

Found a box of Rem. #7 1/2 small rifle and a box of Magtech #2 1/2 large pistol.
Has anyone used the Magtech primers before? Don't remember hearing or reading about them and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. At $19.99/1000 I figured they were worth a try.
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Found some primers

Post by Bigahh »

You did well! Right now any primer is worth more than it was a year ago. I found 1000 Wolf mag rifle primers for the same price, and bought them. The consensus seems to be if you find them, buy them.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

.45 wrote:Found a box of Rem. #7 1/2 small rifle and a box of Magtech #2 1/2 large pistol.
Has anyone used the Magtech primers before? Don't remember hearing or reading about them and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. At $19.99/1000 I figured they were worth a try.
Magtech is made in Brazil. Good primers from what folks tell me. So far I've only had a chance to try their ammo. I'd not hesitate to use their primers at all. And at 19.99 per mil I'd do my best to pick up as many boxes as they had available - or my wallet would stand.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

There is only two or three LGS in this area that stock primers. I really do need to make a circuit and see what they do and don't have.

That is if I can find where my wife hid the check book ....

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

I felt good about the $19.00/1000 and even better when I saw the Winchester LP @12.99/100 :o
Don't know if someone mis-marked those, but I did a double take on them and thats what they were marked.
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Thats a good price, I bought 3000ea of both sm and lg pistol Winchester primers a couple of weeks ago. Ranged from 27.00 to 31.00 a thousand. Wish I could have gotten more, its hard being laid off!
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

At the Chehalis gun show today I saw primers for $55 per thousand :shock: :shock:

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Found a gun store I didn't know about. It's not listed in my phone books but a friend told me about it. I bought 6800 primers there. CCI lr,lrm, lp, sp for $27.50 per k.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I found some today as well. I bought some 209s and and small pistol mag running around $30/1000. Pickin's are getting slim though. We haven't seen the panic buying of a lot of other places, but as existing supplies dry up there's nothing with which to replace them.

maybe the manufacturers will step up production. I also have a feeling that in a few months the market will be flooded with used gun stuff as people try to recoop some of what they blew in a panic.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

At a recent gun show down south I saw primers marked at $55 per 1000, and people were actually buying them!!!!!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote:At a recent gun show down south I saw primers marked at $55 per 1000, and people were actually buying them!!!!!
Vall,
Sure they were buying them. These are the people who "snoozed" so...........they lose. Desperation makes people dig deep. Like I've said in other posts, I am well stocked up and I never paid more than $125 for a 5K sealed box, and thats with tax included.

My time spent in the Boy Scouts has paid me back a thousand times over, especially the "Be Prepared" motto. :D ---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD