Hats off to LEVERGUNS!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Hats off to LEVERGUNS!

Post by coyote nose »

There is another thread posted about forum etiquette and I dont want to hijack that.., but I do want to post this. This site is really great, obviously due to the members. I specifically want to mention 2 of them. A couple of years ago W30WCF graciously sent me some 45-75 cast bullets to try out in my Chaparral 1876 to help me decide what kind of mould to buy. I didnt even ask him, he did this on his own. 6pt-sika hooked me up with 4 boxes (!) of a discontinued bullet for my 1886 at a VERY VERY reasonable price, again I didnt ask about this, on his own he emailed me with the info. Now isnt that nice? There are MANY others who helped me with questions and have given directions and advice, all with good cheer. So, thanks to all of you, and good job Leverguns!!! :!: :!:
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Hats off to LEVERGUNS!

Post by Otto »

I have mentioned this before, but, even though my firearms interests largely lie outside of leverguns, I prefer this site for several reasons:

I can ask a question about almost any subject and get a helpful answer. The worst I usually get is no response. I frequent at least one other site, whereon the members are far more interested in telling you how stupid you are, than actually being helpful.

This site has one (well, now two) main forums. Some other sites have literally dozens of forums, making it very difficult to glean useful information.

Some other sites allow things to degenerate pretty far before the moderators step in, if they do at all. Hobie runs a tight ship. I know there are other moderators, and am not slighting them, but Hobie is the most visible to me. He is also one of the most diplomatic people I have ever met.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Indeed, there are many good folks here.
NRA Life Member
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

Hear, Hear---I have to agree!!! I have been a "lurker" for many years, but only recently a member and infrequent poster. But I have gleaned much useful information from this forum and feel that I "know" several members quite well through their posts.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

There are many good people here, and I miss interacting with them when , I go to New Mexico.
This trip WILL include computer installation!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

+1 on all the points you mentioned...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Hear, hear. Let's all raise a glass and toast the high level of gentlemen that make up this forum. I continually remind myself that I'm very lucky to be allowed to hang around.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You fellas have helped me in so many ways........
Last edited by Blaine on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am honored to be allowed here too. It has been a real pleasure being a part of each poster's life and to get to know each in some small way. blessings to you all
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

This is the best forum of its kind. Period.

We have some fun, we natter and quibble a bit, but we almost aways act like gentlepersons (there are some ladies here). And, of course, we learn from each other.

And it seems like there is something special about folks who appreciate leverguns - they also appear to appreciate tradition, have a value system, and in general exhibit the characteristics of the people that I choose to hang around with. Yes, the quality of postings here is also largely affected by the moral character of Paco and those with whom he has entrusted the authority, who keep this forum traveling on the high road. I have seen one or two other gun forums, even a levergun related one, that I quickly decided to abandon, due to the nature of their postings. When we slip up here (me included), our moderators are there to "assist" us in keeping our topics in the appropriate thread and in the correct tone.

Thanks, Paco, Hobie, AmBraCol et al - and thanks to each of you contributors.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

BEST SIGHT ON THE WEB. even though i'm politically closer to a moderate than the majority here. you guys have let me spew my inane lunancy and bad spelling and haven't tarred and feathered me and haven't ridden me out of town on a rail. that reflects to fine character of you gentlemen. thanks for putting up with me.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:oops: I ain't doin' no group hug :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

BlaineG wrote::oops: I ain't doin' no group hug :roll:
Blahh! Me neither. I will gladly shake your hand though.
Old Law Dawg
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BlaineG wrote::oops: I ain't doin' no group hug :roll:
Oh man, That was good :D We may be considerate and helpful but we ain't no stinkin' Liberals :D

I've said it before, and here it goes again. I have sold lots of unwanted reloading tools,components, etc. here. Upon getting the purchaser's address and before the check arrives, I ship it. Every time the check comes. Honesty is a valued character trait---something I don't get where I work.----------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

kimwcook wrote:Hear, hear. Let's all raise a glass and toast the high level of gentlemen that make up this forum. I continually remind myself that I'm very lucky to be allowed to hang around.
+1 fine caliber of folks to be found hear.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis