Newest Acquisitions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Newest Acquisitions

Post by DBW »

I rolled down to Oklahoma City today on my way to Laredo and have time to waste... so... I dropped in at H & H off of I40 and Meridian where I purchased a couple of new toys. The top photo is an Uberti "Pistolero" in .357mag. The next photo is a Ruger 22/45. The bottom photo is of the new Pistelo with my Ruger Vaguero .44mag. Image

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Newest Acquisitions

Post by 2ndovc »

Cool!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Good scores! You'll like that Ruger .22/45,I bought one when they were introduced and that little rascal has piled up a bunch of limb bacon for me. :)
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Very nice, I like that Uberti!
I have a couple of the steel gripped Ruger MKII's, never have shot one of the 22/45's. that one looks like it will balance good in the hand.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent! Congratulations DBW! 8)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A friend loves his .22/45 Ruger - and since he bought some Crimson Trace grips for it that really only fit the Mark-II's, which yours truly just happened to have, and he sold them to me for a good price, I like it too...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Congrats!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

SmokeEater2 wrote:Good scores! You'll like that Ruger .22/45,I bought one when they were introduced and that little rascal has piled up a bunch of limb bacon for me. :)
Limb bacon? ....I guess it sounds better than "tree rat!"
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

It must be tough to slice up squirrel bacon. :lol:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

How many of the "hams" go on each pineapple slice?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

DBW----They are some sweet toys you have.
Their the best little friends you can have. :mrgreen:

Good Score!!!!!!!!1
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Nice buy. I've thought about a .22/45 for a while but just never seem to have the cash and the desire together at the same time.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Thanks guys. I've been wanting the Uberti since I spotted it in a Buffalo Arms catalog I got a few months ago. I discovered my local gun shop was a dealer for Uberti and the trip to the shop was made specifically to see if they had the Pistolero. I lucked out. This now gives my Puma 92 a proper SA companion instead of my SP101. Now I just need to find a SA .22 for my Henry. :)

The 22/45 was sort of an afterthought as I strolled the shop. I want to teach my wife to shoot a handgun when she moves down from Canada this year and figured that it would fit the bill.

You guys really should be ashamed of yourselves though. You've ruined me. You constantly keep posting photos of your great looking levers along with your single action hoglegs. Add in the unfortunate turn of events that allowed a Marxist to slither into the White House and I have been compelled to spend a load of FRNs on levers, SA's and other assorted gun related gear that I hadn't planned on spending. My other hobby is suffering a funding shortage as a result of each and every one of you. Shame on you! :lol:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice. well done.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I go to H and H occasionally too DBW. I have a serious man crush on the 3rd generation SAA's they have in the glass case in front of the reloadin' shop.

Little short barrelled 3.5" "shop keeper's" gun , a 4 3/4 incher and a 5.5" one , all in case colors with matching grips ------------ but at $1300 apiece, they may have to wait a little :shock:

Instead, i am contemplating a short barrelled Uberti to appease me as well
----- Doug
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Dwayne, I think your going to have to start running 3 log books, and drive about 20 hours a day!! :lol: This gun buying can start to get serious in the money department. Oh well, hammer down friend, and buy ammo too!!
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

brucew44guns wrote:Dwayne, I think your going to have to start running 3 log books, and drive about 20 hours a day!! :lol: This gun buying can start to get serious in the money department. Oh well, hammer down friend, and buy ammo too!!
No doubt Bruce. I think I've spent over 5 grand since February. Don't tell my wife... I haven't. :lol: