Weather in AZ in august at nite

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Weather in AZ in august at nite

Post by 2row »

Some frends an I are taking a trip to the Grand canyon Aug. 1 on motorcycles an was wondering about the temp. at nite We will camp out most of the time. there will be 15 to 20 of us going to take 9-10 days
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Weather in AZ in august at nite

Post by mescalero1 »

If you are in the low elevations expect it to be warm to hot at night.
The higher you go the better off you are.
In Phoenix in August, it just gets a couple of degrees cooler because the city acts as a giant heat sink, away from town the temp will generally be 10 degrees cooler.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Some of those mountains outside of Flagstaff get down right cold in the summer. Also be aware of the Summer monsoon season that ussually begins in August.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Take light sleeping bags, the Elevation at the Top of the Canyon is 6000'-7000'. Expect temps in the mid to low 40's at night. August is also the Rain & Thunderstorm season in Northern Arizona. We have seen hail & Snow in late August and Labor Day Week-end.

The Weather in Northern Arizona is very different than what we experience in Central/Southern Arizona.

Have fun and enjoy our great State, just come prepared. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Most of what the guys are telling you about the upper elevations is true but I gotta tell ya that when we used to go camping out at the Yuma Proving Grounds and Senator's Wash just across the Colorado River in July and August, I've actually seen it get a few degrees hotter at night than it had been in the day time. At least I had an air conditioned motor home but those poor people in tents and pop-up trailer tents really suffered. I've even seen it hot enough that the air conditioner in the motor home was really challenged to keep it cool -- errrrrrrrrrrrrrr coolish.

All-in-all though, it's tough to beat the pleasure of a motorcycle trip.
ED
Yer never too old
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

As others pointed out that time of year is T-storm season pack your self a good set of rain gear so you don't have to cower under an over pass waiting out the rain.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis