Linebaugh coming to Texas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Linebaugh coming to Texas

Post by BrianSH »

Is anybody else going to Borger, TX for the Linebaugh seminar?

Lots of big-bore shooting, and a good get together.

http://WWW.customsixguns.com for John's site.

- Brian

P.S. I'm packing my 45 RedHawk, 629, Marlin 1895 (though I got no ammo), 357 SP-101, and some others. I want to try my scoped 22 at that 300 yard ringer this year too.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Linebaugh coming to Texas

Post by crs »

Brian;
Borger is my home town (from grade 1 through year 2 of collecge) and it was always fun to go out shooting in the Canadian river breaks. We are in the process of moving to the farm and that + work is all there is time for this summer.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

CRS,
3 years in Amarillo, working for Bell Helicopter, burned a lot of powder on the Canadian river.
Used to buy powder & primers at I believe Furr's
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Brain,

I'm still up in the air, I may go but it depends on work. I probably won't know til the last minute. after getting rid of my FA the only big bore pistol I have left is my S&W 25-5 in 45 Colt. But I may come and bring some big bore rifles, and do some penetration testing.
Ricky

DWWC
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Ricky;
I can solve your pistol shortage problem. I have some .44 mag guns that I never shoot anymore:
1. Ruger Super Blackhawk 7 1/2 " with Burris scope - very accurate for hunting or silouettes
2. Ruger autoloader carbine with peep sight - lots of fun and in VG condition
3. Taurus revolver with ported 4" barrel and Galco cross draw holster and 2" belt - good for driving and for the farm and ranch and very accurate and fun with .44 Special

Also, a NIB NRA Limited edition Colt King Cobra.357 Stainless Steel with black Colt grips - won it at a Friends of the NRA dinner some years back. Probably very good for heavy hunting loads.

You can buy any one of them or all of them so I can afford to go shoot a Cape Buffalo. :)

If not helpful, what am I?
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I had some kin that live in and around Borger. E.O. and Vernice McGough live in Phillips and Duane and his wife Billy lived in Borger. Duane worked in the carbon black plant and E.O. drove a truck for Phillips Oil Company. That carbon black plant was a sight to see. It looked like "Hato's Inferno"! :shock:
"That'll Be The Day"
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

crs wrote:Ricky;
I can solve your pistol shortage problem. I have some .44 mag guns that I never shoot anymore:
1. Ruger Super Blackhawk 7 1/2 " with Burris scope - very accurate for hunting or silouettes
2. Ruger autoloader carbine with peep sight - lots of fun and in VG condition
3. Taurus revolver with ported 4" barrel and Galco cross draw holster and 2" belt - good for driving and for the farm and ranch and very accurate and fun with .44 Special

Also, a NIB NRA Limited edition Colt King Cobra.357 Stainless Steel with black Colt grips - won it at a Friends of the NRA dinner some years back. Probably very good for heavy hunting loads.

You can buy any one of them or all of them so I can afford to go shoot a Cape Buffalo. :)

If not helpful, what am I?

How much for the Rugers?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Rangerider - When we moved to Borger we drove there in a Model A Ford (slowly) on H287 and could see the carbon black smoke from many miles away. At that time, the town was ringed with carbon plants. We boys stayed dirty most of the time from playing outside and the carbon black was not easy to get off.

Travis - do not know, but will be figgering on that. Heck, I was just going to give them to Ricky, but since he did not respond, that offer has expired. :D
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

crs wrote:Rangerider - When we moved to Borger we drove there in a Model A Ford (slowly) on H287 and could see the carbon black smoke from many miles away. At that time, the town was ringed with carbon plants. We boys stayed dirty most of the time from playing outside and the carbon black was not easy to get off.

Travis - do not know, but will be figgering on that. Heck, I was just going to give them to Ricky, but since he did not respond, that offer has expired. :D
At that price, I'LL TAKE 'EM!!!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

I really enjoy these get togethers. Its the only chance I get to discuss this kind of shooting with a group of like-minded-people.

I might have a NIB 45 BlackHawk for sale, but then again I might keep it.

Mike from down Houston way (drove his motorcycle) sold a BlackHawk last year and methinks the guy turned it over to John for a going over right there on the spot.

I gained some affection for my 629 up there last year. Did reall well on that 100 yard plate.

Shooting Ronnie's 329 with full house loads was a thrill too!!

- Brian
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

crs wrote: Travis - do not know, but will be figgering on that. Heck, I was just going to give them to Ricky, but since he did not respond, that offer has expired. :D
HOLD UP THERE all you yah-who's , I was at working trying to earn an honest living and couldn't post up. Now, CRS old buddy of mine, lets talk :D .
Ricky

DWWC
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Talk about which one?
Did you see anything in the list that you do not already have? :)
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

crs wrote:Talk about which one?
Did you see anything in the list that you do not already have? :)
I don't have any of those, I have never owned a 44 mag. There I said it.
Ricky

DWWC
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

It's ok Ricky, there is still time.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

mescalero1 wrote:It's ok Ricky, there is still time.

It's not very long til the seminar, I think CRS just likes to tease me.
Ricky

DWWC
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Man I'd love to go - but it's not going to work this year.

I have fond memories of that area -- my grandparents lived in Pamapa. My grandfather worked in a carbon black plant most of his life (Cabot).

Grandfather's family is from Alanreed, TX (Great-great Grandfather was the 1st sheriff of Gray Co.)

Anyhow -- spent lots of great summers running around that area seeing relatives, going fishing, etc.