PHOTO: Granny with her lever gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

PHOTO: Granny with her lever gun

Post by Modoc ED »

Now, this is my kind of Granny!!
I don't know this woman or the circustances as to how she shot the opossum. I just know I like her.
ED
Yer never too old
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Re: PHOTO: Granny with her lever gun

Post by Rustolium »

Looks like an Ithaca single shot shotgun. Cool pic too!
Cosmoline
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cosmoline »

I think that critter must have been getting fat eating her garden plants. Mistake!
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

...and here's my kind of grandpa. My 90+ yr old buddy (godfather to my #2 son) and his .410 laying-in-wait for a gopher...
Tom

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Is it just me or is there no picture?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bear 45/70 wrote:Is it just me or is there no picture?
Hobie put a spell on you, and you can no longer view any 'hot chicks with guns' pics... :lol:

Granny looks like a woman who takes charge and solves problems. My kind of chick!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Bear 45/70 wrote:Is it just me or is there no picture?
Give it another try Bear. It's there.
ED
Yer never too old
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

God Bless older people with guns!!!!!!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I'm thinking that is a ground hog instead of possum, but I like the fact that the old folk are taking care of business!!!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

rjohns94 wrote:I'm thinking that is a ground hog instead of possum, but I like the fact that the old folk are taking care of business!!!!
+1

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

She reminds me of a lady in our Church. Mary is 80 years old and lives alone in the farm house her late husband built for them. One day her son, Ron, stopped in to check on her and found blood all over the yard. He ran inside looking for Mary and when he found her she said "I need you to reload this rifle for me." Asking what had happened she said "I'm tired of those darn coons getting into my sweet corn so I shot them." Ron found seven dead coons about the yard when he finished looking. She may not know how to reload that rifle, but she definetly knows how to shoot it.
UNITE
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

She reminds me of a neighbor I had several years ago. She was in her mid 80's, married 3 times, and had a passion for hating skunks. She was known for her walking abilities as she could walk faster than anybody I ever known and she carried an old colt 45 which she inhereted from her grandfather. One day, she was chasing something with that colt in hand, shooting up a storm in town. I quickly ran over there to see what was going on and there was a skunk trying to get through her flower fence and severely wounded. She reloaded and finished it off. I helped her bury the stinking thing and she let me look at her pistola. WOW, it was very nice and the bullets she was using were from an old box that she said came with that pistol when she got it in the 30's. She died about 4 years ago and her son took the colt. I sure liked her.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Here's a picture of my Mom, see was in her early eighties here. she wasn't long from heart surgery and my brothers asked the Doc if it was ok to take her on a trail ride. The doc said yes as long as they took a picture of her setting on one of our mules. So they did, and the Doctor framed it and hung it in his office. :D She was a tough ole Texas gal.

Ricky

DWWC
Cosmoline
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cosmoline »

Great pics!
My 90+ yr old buddy (godfather to my #2 son) and his .410 laying-in-wait for a gopher
He looks like he's saying "You gotta ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, gopher?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ricky, great picture of your mom on the mule. !! Good looking mule too!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot