HEY TED!! New Sight On Henry Finally!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

HEY TED!! New Sight On Henry Finally!!!

Post by JerryB »

Thanks to Ted's project with the new front sight on his Henry 0001 my grandson Jerry3 said that is the sight that he wanted .Ted sent me the order number from Midway. It is a Marble's #50291 29MR 1/16 gold bead.Finally finished it today and got it sighted in pretty close.We are going to work at church camp again tomorrow so the snake and turtles will sure suffer. Best I could do for a picture.

Last edited by JerryB on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: HEY TED!! New Sight On Henry Finally!!!

Post by TedH »

Looks great! :D
NRA Life Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Happy turtlin' ! ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looking forward to the final tally. Was switching it out a snap?
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

YK, we worked at church camp today and Jerry3took some time to walk down by the lake. I reckon the snake all hid when they saw him coming, those 20 year old eyes and that Henry are deadly. I shot it a few times and it just amazes me that my 70 year old eyes can hit with that little carbine. Actually doing the work was not that hard.I started by cutting off the plastic sight flush and then file down the top smooth and mark for your cut. Use what you can to get the dovetail down, that plastic is hard to file.It sure is worth the time to get such an improvement in the front sight. We had to run the rear sight ladder up some to get it sighted in.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Scrateshooter
Levergunner

Post by Scrateshooter »

Good Job Grandpa! I have always noticed the front sight that comes on the Henrys. My Border Patrol buddy just bought one and he didn't seem to notice it but it screamed to me, especially after shooting the Browning BL22.
"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:3
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

You are right boy, it is like a different rifle now. I don't know how they can build a rifle that smooth and accurate and not put a better front sight on it. Thanks again to TedH for his help.

dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I like gold beads, nice front site. I wish they made an replacement one for the Ruger black hawks, I would put one on the black hawks I own in a heart beat if I could.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Y'all just reminded me I have a Henry pump that still needs some work on it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.