Indiana Get Together after action report.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Indiana Get Together after action report.

Post by JReed »

Well the second Indiana get together went off with a bang. Although it was more of a MidWest get together as we had members form Ohio, Illinois, and Indian.

In attendance was J Miller and his lovely wife, OI, Mokawa, 2ndovc and his son, eric65 and his charming better half, A lurker who I have forgoten his handle( sorry Jeremy), My self and my 2 boys.

It was a thing of true beauty. The only autoloading long guns were a SKS brought by Mokawa ( we forgive ya Rich :wink: :D ) and a .22 ( not sure of the make). All the rest where levers, single shots, bolts, pump action,or muzzle loaders. The smell of BP was thick as Joe brought out his single action .45's loaded with the holy black. Not to be out done OI entertained us all with his Howda while I did my part with my repro 1858's. Not to mention all the smoke made by the front stuffers and OI's way cool Drillings.

The boys and I had a great time shooting and hanging out around the campfire although not all could be there for the whole weekend. I will post pics later after I have had a chance to unpack the van and get the BP guns cleaned up.

For those that missed it we are already talking of trying for another in October before it gets cold so stay tued and keep your calenders open.

I'm sure the rest will be along to voice up as they get home and get some rest.
Last edited by JReed on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Indiana Get Together.

Post by 2ndovc »

Jeremy it was a Blast! :D

Got home about an hr. ago. Accident on the highway tied up traffic for a bit. got the
jeep unloaded and spent about half an hour spazing out in a cold sweat because I couldn't find
one of my 45-70's :o It had slipped down behind the cushions on the couch during the unload.
I was ready to Haul But back to IN!!

Had a great time meeting everyone and burning up some powder.

My shoulder's killing me! About 100 rounds of 45-70 and
crescent butt plate 'bout did me in!

Pictures tomorrow.

jb :D
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Indiana Get Together.

Post by JReed »

Jason glad to hear you made it home safe with all of your guns. :D I hear ya on the sore shoulder by noon Sun I was more then happy to just sit there and shoot our BP squirrel rifle every thing else hurt to much

Here are a few pics.

The ham a.k.a Logan an his brother Evan

2NDovc, J Miller and his wife.

Camping area.

Nath's long lost brother OI

Mokwawa

The evil 200 yard ram that we all took turns trying to kill. Some of us were more successful then others :oops: .

I had more but I got a greasy finger print on the lens and they all came out blurry. :oops:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Hobie

Re: Indiana Get Together after action report.

Post by Hobie »

:mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well we got home and got unloaded by about 8:30ish. We have pics on two different cameras and will have to download them to puter to post at a later time.
We had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the guys and gal..LOL
Had a chance to shoot Eric's GP 100 and now I am sure I want one. I like the grips he has on the gun.
Joe clobbered the two hundred yard ram with his Enfield, with the new rear sight from 2ndovc and JReed's magic ammo. A little later on bonked it twice more with the Marlin 1894 Cowboy in 45 Colt, using a local companies factory load.
This is quite unique considering that he has not fired the Enfield in over ten years, and the Marlin has never been fired past 25 yards.
We took a different route home and made it in less time and even stopped at an antique store to boot.
Our kitties were fine but slightly unhappy with us for leaving them alone for two days..Oh well they'll just have to get over it.

Mrs J MIller
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Excellent! Good to see you all getting together and spending quality time. :D
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Everyone there and back safely, good weather, great shooting and even better camardarie - sounds like you all had a perfect weekend!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Looks like a good time. I should drive up for the next one. How far from Indianapolis is that? I have a sister there I could visit at the same time.
NRA Life Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Knox is about 4 hours north & east of Indy. What we need to do is convince AJ to hold one on his range... ;)

Here's the setup: All targets were swingers. Photo taken from the line (5.8mm lens)
Dueling Tree at 25ft, Duck & Chicken .22 spinners at 25yds, Big Bore Chicken @ 50m, small-bore/handgun Pig @ 50yds, SB/H Ram @75yds, BB Hog & High Vel Gong at 100m, BB Turkey @ 175m, BB Ram @ 200m.

Range House & shed with Rain Shelter we didn't need...

Reprobate squad:
Justin, 2ndovc, Elaine, JMiller, Mokwaw, Gunny
OI ---------------------------- Da Boyz

My bad on not doing a Day 1 Photo... Sorry Eric65/Jeremy MC...

There were a couple of Canera Vid clips of the Howda taken, but none on my Camera... hopefully one will show up and be linked to... 1oz lead balls over 50gr 777 (or 60gr 3F) out of a 6" bbl is fun :twisted:

And danged if I didn't completely forget to do a setup "Nath Photo"... :cry: So this one will have to do:
Image And a Special Picture for Ysabel... Image
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OI, you're priceless, that YK photo.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Had a great time at the shoot on Sunday. I couldn't make it Saturday, my wife has been very sick last week. I almost canceled going Sunday, but she insisted that I go. Is she great or what..???? I guess I should apologize for having that nasty SKS there, but it is so much fun to shoot I couldn't leave it home. The only levergun I had was my Marlin Mountie. After I got to counting I had more handguns than longguns. Three of the handguns were passed on to me when my dad passed over, and I just wanted to get them out for a days shoot, they were : Colt 1903 .32 acp, High Standard Model B .22, and a beat up old Taurus .38 spec. revolver with a bulged barrel, but it shoots surprisingly well. I got to shoot OI's Howda, now that was cool, it wasn't quite as bad as I figured it would be as far as recoil. Just a fun time all around enjoyed meetingt up with with the new attendees (Jason & Justin and Joe & Elaine) and hooking up again with OI and JReed. It's a fine place to shoot and OI is a good host and my thanks to him for all the prep work he done ahead of time (fixing the outhouse and setting up all those heavy steel targets). Looking forward to the next gathering, and to those of you who couldn't make it, try hard the next time. There's nothing like a bunch of shooters getting together, making lots of noise (both gun & talking), and the sounds of bullets smacking steel, and smell of burning powder, y'all just missed a good time. Just one more thought, I know that Logan & Evan ( the boyz) had a good time cause they found a toad, they named Fred and carried him around alot, but sadly the heat and attention caused an early demise and there was a quick burial before they left for home. :(
UNITE
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

So happy y'all had a great shoot and a fun time. Tell us about the "campfire" time. What kinda good eats? Grilling, campfire cooking, beverages of choice? Cowboy/Western/homemade music? Inquiring minds want to know! :D P.S...O.I., are ya puttin' on some weight?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

slimster wrote:So happy y'all had a great shoot and a fun time. Tell us about the "campfire" time. What kinda good eats? Grilling, campfire cooking, beverages of choice?
Food:
Sat: Burgers & Brats, Roast Veggies, 'tater salad Chips, Pop
Sun: Pork Steaks, Roast Veggies, 'tater salad, Chips, Pop.

Campfire went until about Midnite.
Cowboy/Western/homemade music? Inquiring minds want to know! :D P.S...O.I., are ya puttin' on some weight?
No music except for Ringtone Wars. No, I'm not putting on weight (it has remained at about 180 for the past 20 years), but sombody pulled the plastic rings off of my sixpack and the cans have all settled to the bottom :? ... (I need to get back on the roman chair. :oops: )
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

What is missing is that fine lady that hangs around 2ndovc
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Sounds like a good time, wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

mescalero1 wrote:What is missing is that fine lady that hangs around 2ndovc

All I had to say was "out house" and that was the end of the " You want to come along" discussion.

She's pretty good about most things but draws the line at outdoor pluming :D

I'll get my photos up tonight. I got them off the camera and onto the puter last night but internet was funky and giving me problems so I gave up.

jb 8)

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Here's a link to OI shooting his Houda hand cannon, hope it works:

I'm working on pics and a report right now. Will try to get them up as soon as I can.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

WOOT! :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I'm not going to hold that against her, I'm not to fond of them myself, winter on the res. was COLD
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wonderful boys!!!! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

Sharon & I had A great time! Thanks to everyone who was there for being so kind to Sharon (as if I expected anything less from this group) she really enjoyed herself!
To all that were curious about my Winchester, the bore measures out at .310! Now what should I do? Am I forever stuck in lead bullet world? This problem goes well beyond my expertise, any and all ideas will be listened to and appreciated!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Leverguns meet 6-13 and 14-09

Saturday:

We left Springfield and headed to the SAM Silhouette Club range near Knox about 8:30 Saturday morning. It took us a bit over 6 hours to get there. On the way we had to take a detour around Lake Shafer. For some reason 421 was blocked off at 24. This only added about an hour to our trip. I had the Pathfinder stuffed. I wanted to rent a small trailer, but we didn’t. Next time we will.

Once we got to the area we were sooooo glad to see OI’s sign. Turned in and found us a parking spot and stopped.

We got out and met Jason (2ndovc) and his son Justin. Then met JReed. I recognized him from his pics on the forum so it was almost like meeting an old friend. Also met his two boys, Evan and Logan.
Wife and I had met OI when he passed though IL on is way to Texas so we knew him from before.
After the greetings I handed Jason the old rear sight from my Enfield in trade for the nice new one he’d sent me in the mail. Then I swapped out the LR primers with OI. He had CCI LR and I had some Win LRM. OI explained to me that the firing pin in his drilling was set at an angle and because of that did not get a straight hit on the primers. So CCIs were problematic.

After that I got a quickie tour of the range. Handgun and .22 targets to the left, rifle targets to the right. And the big ram way out at 200 yds.
OI-Mokwaw-Evan-JReed-2ndovc-Justin

I started unloading guns and ammo and got pretty well set up. Shot some stinky black powder out of IJ and my OM BH. Sometime back a forum member suggested I fill the chamber mouths with Crisco or Bore Butter to compensate for incorrect lube I had on the bullets. This worked wonders. I fired off over 50 rounds of full 40gr loads and neither revolver gave me any trouble at all. I’ll be glad when it’s all gone though. I don’t mind shooting it, but this batch just isn’t accurate from any of my guns, so it needs to be used up.
I also put out one of the special sight in targets for the Enfield I got from a site another forum members suggested. This worked great.
Some 12 or 13 years ago I custom built a taller front sight because this rifle shot so high.
I never finished sighting it in. Then recently I mentioned in one of my posts that I disliked that sight. 2ndovc offered to trade me the old slider sight for a click adjustable one. I took him up on it. His new sight matched up with my taller front sight and put the groups where they were supposed to be.
The little holes all over the target were from JReed's 20 gauge Rossi hammer gun.

Eric65 and his wife Sharon got there sometime after we did. He brought his 78 vintage Win 94 Classic or Antique, I never can remember. It’s been totally uncooperative for him. He hasn’t been able to get it to hit consistently with any factory or hand load he’s tried. He was shooting a 170gr cast .309” bullet over a charge of 3031 when I started talking with him about it.
I tried the rifle and I’ve never seen one do this. High, low, right, left, and all combinations of the above. I had my 1950 Win 94 that has a goofy chamber so while I fired off a half dozen rounds of Winchester factory ammo through it. Even though the chamber at the shoulder and neck isn’t right I was smacking the 100 yd ram or pig or what ever with every shot.
I also shot off more black powder then and cleaned the guns.

Eric took eventually took every thing off that carbine, forearm, mag tube and barrel bands and it didn’t make any difference. It did the same things.

About all he hadn’t done was slug the bore to see what if anything that might tell us.
As I was banging the 100 target he commented he wished he could hit just once. I handed him my 1950 and he smacked it one real good. Said that made him feel better.

I got to shoot OI’s Howda pistol. It started of as a double barreled 12 gauge muzzle loading shot gun. It was shortened, and had the stock converted into a pistol grip, a very definite handful. I shot it and although I thought I had a good hold on it, I almost lost it the first short. The second shot I used both hands. No idea where the ball went, but it went.

Considering how late we got there we pretty much just sat around talking and visiting with everyone as we took a break from the shooting. Since my wife and I were going to spend the night in a hotel we started packing up.

Food was cooking and we were discussing slugging the barrel on Eric’s rifle when I mentioned that he might aughta shoot some jacketed through it to clean out any lead that might be there. Since Eric didn’t have any jacket bullets I dug out some of mine. I had a box of odd ball ammo that had one spitzer bullet in it. Before I could think fast enough to suggest just dropping it in the chamber Eric had stuck it through the loading gate. Oops! Wouldn’t clear the action so we had to take the magazine apart. Got that done and he fired of a couple rounds.
His and my wife got a couple good laughs at us. We’re trying to undo the jam and they’re sitting on their butts armchair quarterbacking us. I’d wager neither of them could figure out how to do what we did.

After eating we yacked a bit more then headed to the hotel. Nothing special, just a hotel with a good shower and really nice firm bed. Snooozzzzeeeeee…………………

Sunday:

Got there about 9:ish and said our good mornings. For some reason I was very tired so I didn’t really try to do much. I dug out my 9422 to test the new extractor I’d put in . The problems still exist. The .22 Shorts fall off the ejector and jam the rifle. Longs and Long rifles work fine. I was hitting targets out to 50 yards with boring regularity with it so after emptying out a box of Winchester Super X LRs I packed that one up and moved on to my Win 94 AE Trapper .45 Colt. I worked on readjusting the sights but just couldn’t get them right. The rear is an old steel Lyman 66A, but the front sight is the factory blade that’s soldered onto the barrel, and it’s tilted. So it almost forces you to cant the rifle to keep the sight straight. But I just couldn’t keep it consistent. That’s another project.

JReed had his Win 94 AE Trapper in 45 Colt there but he kept having under the carrier jams. What a pain in the rear. He said he’ll just buy a new link to fix it. Hope he has it done by the next meet.

Then I shot some out of my Marlin 1894. I shot up some lead ammo and wasn’t doing much with it so I grabbed what was left of a box of a local company’s ammo. Not a bad load at all. After a few rounds and hits on the 100 yd plate I decided to see if I could hit the 200 yd ram with it.
Now, I’m not bragging, but until last weekend I hadn’t shot that Marlin beyond 25 yds. So shooting it at 100 was iffy. I figured 200 yds would be a waste of ammo. But, I managed to hit that 200 yd ram twice, maybe 3 times. I couldn’t hear the round hit, but when that 250gr bullet hit, I could see the target swing back and forth.

Then after finishing up what I was going to do with the .45 Colt LGs I picked up my Enfield again. Mokawa had been working that 200 yard ram over with his SKS, so I figured I really aught to try it with my Enfield.
I had a bunch of ammo with me, but most of it was loaded with the Sierra 174gr BT HP match bullet. Or military ball MK 8 BT.
JReed and I had discussed how his Enfield with the 2 grove barrel didn’t like the BT bullets. Well, it looks like mine doesn’t either. I was all over the place with the Sierra bullets when he handed me 4 of his load. I stuck them in my old 5 round SanteFe magazine and set it aside while I shot up more of my Sierras. Finally I tried his ammo.
I got all comphy, put the top of the front sight in the center of the ram and pulled the trigger. Thwap!!!! I hit it. Then proceeded to hit it with the next three rounds too!
This is great! His cartridges were all neck sized and a couple were pretty snug in my rifle’s chamber. I wonder if that’s why they worked as good as they did.
I got the load from Jeremy and am going to duplicate it too see if it works as good when I load them as they did when he loaded them.

Jeremy coaching Logan and Evan on the fine points of loading a muzzle loader.

This was a great weekend. I got to meet a bunch of guys I’ve talked to for a long time, shoot at a real rifle range for the first time in a very long time. Shoot a bunch of guns I’d never shot before. Worked my muscles, ate some really good food. And just enjoyed ourselves.
October ….., wife thinks September for the next meet. But unless I’ve moved to AZ or somewhere way west, I’ll be there.

I wish I had more pics to post, but my wife was so busy taking videos while I was shooting we really didn’t think to pick up the other camera. Maybe next time. It takes so long to download the videos with this slow dial up that I really can’t post them.

{Edit to add:} My wife commented that she really enjoyed talking with Sharon and wondered what we can do to get more of our wives to join us at these get togethers.
I told her I didn't know.

Joe
Last edited by J Miller on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Well, at least I know what you guys look like when you show up in N.M.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

eric65 wrote:Sharon & I had A great time! Thanks to everyone who was there for being so kind to Sharon (as if I expected anything less from this group) she really enjoyed herself!
To all that were curious about my Winchester, the bore measures out at .310! Now what should I do? Am I forever stuck in lead bullet world? This problem goes well beyond my expertise, any and all ideas will be listened to and appreciated!
Eric,
I was just looking through the Midway bullet section for the 303 Brit and they have several makers listing .310 diameter bullets. They are pointed and intended for the 7.62x39, but it might be an interesting test to load up a box and see how the accuracy is.

When you slugged the barrel did it feel the same all the way down or was it tighter in places?

Joe
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Thanks for sharing. Looks like ya'll had a good time.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

J Miller wrote:
eric65 wrote:Sharon & I had A great time! Thanks to everyone who was there for being so kind to Sharon (as if I expected anything less from this group) she really enjoyed herself!
Eric,
I was just looking through the Midway bullet section for the 303 Brit and they have several makers listing .310 diameter bullets. They are pointed and intended for the 7.62x39, but it might be an interesting test to load up a box and see how the accuracy is.

When you slugged the barrel did it feel the same all the way down or was it tighter in places?

Joe
You will need a .310 expander for your die. So that the 7.62 pills will load without posible damage but it should work great.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep it was a great time the boys said they had fun and can't wait until next time. My wife has the same problem as Jason's wife she don't like out houses or porta johns. I don't see her coming next time either unless we get a motel room.

Next time I will have to bring my 97 and hopefully primers will become more available. I am now in desperate need of reloading.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Neat! Great report!

Makes me wish you guys were within drivin' distance of Maine...

Also makes we want to see Jeremy and "Da Boyz" again, and to meet all the others too!

Tight groups!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Old No7 wrote:Neat! Great report!

Makes me wish you guys were within drivin' distance of Maine...

Also makes we want to see Jeremy and "Da Boyz" again, and to meet all the others too!

Tight groups!

Old No7
But it is driving distance You just need a 4 day weekend. Or heck take a week or so stay at our house then drive out with us. See no problem at all.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

J Miller wrote:
Eric,

Joe
It did feel A bit odd, needed pressure was inconsistant, but it was kinda fun removing the push rod from the gun! ( dont ask) :D
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I reckon ya'll did have a time, it would be good to get to meet a bunch from here, spend some time drinking coffee talking and shooting. sure glad it came together.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sill having wireless problems at home and gave up. Put them on a disk and brought it to work wth me.

First I want to thank Old Ironsights for hosting this operation. First class!
As well everyone else that came and contruibuted to a very enjoyable weekend.
Justin was bugging me all the way home about when we were going to do this again :D

Our little tent city and shoot house.

OI and his Howda, blurry but you can see the recoil. That thing was fun!!

Here's Jeremy shootig OI's Howda

Joe and his .45 Colt Blackhawk and some BP loads.

Here's Goober and his Marlin .35Remington ( you can see Joe just touched off another BP 45 Colt in the background)

Jeremy and his nifty .32 BP squerril rifle.

Jeremy's son Evan and the .32

And Logan shooting Jeremy's Vaquero.

Old Ironsights and that Killer Drillings of his! What a neat peice :mrgreen:

Sitting around the campfire. I know everyone appreciated me blinding them with the flash :D

I had a photo of Rich whacking the snot out of the 200 meter Ram with his SKS but is was badly out of focus :oops:

Justin and I really enjoyed ourselves and meeting everyone! Really great bunch and We're looking forward to the next one! Maybe I can talk Justin's mother and older brother into coming along.

"Out House?"

( New photo for Mescalero !) :D

jb 8)

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well, the camp fire made me realize we needed to stay and camp out. The hotel was nice and all, but the companionship and b.s.'ing would have been a lot better.

I have some ideas on how to make the "rest room" more acceptable to the wimmin folk.
OI, will be sending you a PM about it.

I've already been on Midway looking at the prices of 303 Brit neck sizing dies and bullets for my Enfield. Was doing real good until my wife asked me how was I going to pay for it? :cry: Kinda bursted my bubble. I'll get 'em eventually.

Was thinking of pulling all those nice purty Sierra 174gr BT match bullets out and offering them for trade for regular bullets ..... think anybody would be interested?

Joe
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Most excellent.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

J Miller wrote:...I have some ideas on how to make the "rest room" more acceptable to the wimmin folk.
OI, will be sending you a PM about it...
Yeah, me too... I'm working on a redesign/rebuild program. All input appreciated.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

An easy fix would be a plastic porta john with the bottom cut out set over a concrete slab covering a nice deep new hole. Even over the existing one for now.

However that will take some donation$

jb 8)

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Joe PM on the way.

Yep the campfire is always the best part. :D

No ideas on the Porta Pooper.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cute chick! I am sure Mescalero appreciated that. And what is a Howda?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Old Savage wrote:Cute chick! I am sure Mescalero appreciated that. And what is a Howda?
Definitionally, a "Howda" is the basket that sits upon an elephant when a bunch of Colonial Brits go Tiger Hunting in India.

Traditionally, a "Howda" is the BFG, usually a double barrel smoothbore pistol, that the riders in the howda use to scrape tigers off the sides of their elephant... Usually a 12bore/.690 1oz Patched round ball...

Accuracy is minute of Bengal Tiger at 6-8 feet. :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey, I think I'm beginning to get a reputation around here or something! :lol:

OI, I'd love to see/read more about your "minute of tiger" Howda. Is it original?

Why is a Howda considered okay and not a sawed-off shotgun?
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You know, I must be doing something fundementally wrong.
These married guys hang around with knockout women, and all I get is these wild horse riding, dip snuffing, whiskey drinking, crazy women.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

PICs??????

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And could I actually see a picture of the howda and some more hot women??? Or more of the same hot woman.?????

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

mescalero1 wrote:You know, I must be doing something fundementally wrong.
These married guys hang around with knockout women, and all I get is these wild horse riding, dip snuffing, whiskey drinking, crazy women.

At least they're not boring! :D

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Savage wrote:And could I actually see a picture of the howda and some more hot women??? Or more of the same hot woman.?????
Or... how about pics of hot women shooting the howda?! :D
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Griff wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey, I think I'm beginning to get a reputation around here or something! :lol:

OI, I'd love to see/read more about your "minute of tiger" Howda. Is it original?

Why is a Howda considered okay and not a sawed-off shotgun?
I had it made a few years ago by a guy who was interested in the idea of making one and happened to have the parts laying around.

It's not a sawed-off/NFA weapon because its a Cap & Ball gun. It was made from the action & barrels of a buggered up Navy Arms 12ga SxS Muzzleloader.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeremysmith
Levergunner

Post by jeremysmith »

Old Ironsights wrote:
J Miller wrote:...I have some ideas on how to make the "rest room" more acceptable to the wimmin folk.
OI, will be sending you a PM about it...
Yeah, me too... I'm working on a redesign/rebuild program. All input appreciated.
Sounds like you need an architect! It really was a great time on Saturday, and I look forward to getting out there again. Next time I'll have to load the trunk up with everything and play all weekend.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I believe I brought too many guns, and way too much ammo. All total I doubt I fired many more than a 100 rounds both days. And I didn't even shoot all the guns I brought.

I do believe I should rethink this entire idea for next time.

Like maybe 4 rifles:
Marlin 1894
Win 94 30-30
Enfield 303

And maybe just a couple hundred rounds per gun.

That sounds more reasonable.

Yep, I'm already planning for October ... :mrgreen:

Joe
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

J Miller wrote:I believe I brought too many guns, and way too much ammo. All total I doubt I fired many more than a 100 rounds both days. And I didn't even shoot all the guns I brought.

Like maybe 4 rifles:
Marlin 1894
Win 94 30-30
Enfield 303

Joe
But where is the fun in that? :wink: :D

Yep really looking forward to the fall shoot. I guess I need to start hitting up Midway so I have something to shoot.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JReed wrote:
J Miller wrote:I believe I brought too many guns, and way too much ammo. All total I doubt I fired many more than a 100 rounds both days. And I didn't even shoot all the guns I brought.

Like maybe 4 rifles:
Marlin 1894
Win 94 30-30
Enfield 303

Joe
But where is the fun in that? :wink: :D

Yep really looking forward to the fall shoot. I guess I need to start hitting up Midway so I have something to shoot.
Well, the fun in that is that instead of trying to decide which I was gonna shoot and what box of ammo I'd just grab one and start shooting.
Not to mention I might have room for a tent and some other things.

Joe