Levergun Sling Mounting W/O Permanent Alterations (pics)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Levergun Sling Mounting W/O Permanent Alterations (pics)

Post by 86er »

I described this on another thread but it is easier to see it.
REAR:
Put a thin piece of suede or calfskin between the buttplate and stock. Make two holes in the calf skin to correspond with your buttplate screw holes. Leave a 2" tab sticking out the bottom of the buttplate. Fold the tab over a split ring or an oval ring that your sling will go through. Glue, sew or use a Chicago screw to secure the tab onto itself throught the ring. With QD swivels you don't need a ring at all, just punch a small hole in the leather tab and put your QD swivel through it.

FRONT:
Put a 3 inch piece of suede or calfskin between the barrel and magazine tube. Even it up on both sides and use a chicago screw to secure it to itself just under the magazine tube. You could sew it, or glue it too. The only difference is with sewing or glue you'll cut it off if you want to remove it. Put a split ring or oval ring between the tabs and seal it onto itself, again with either a C-screw, glue or sewing. For QD swivels you can just punch a hole through the tab and feed your swivel post through the hole and secure.

This is a Win 94. The rear tab has holes punched in them and a split ring through the holes. The front has the chicago screw close to the barrrel band and a split ring through holes in the tab for swivel attachment. This particular sling is like Juniors, in that it uses plastic clips instead of swivels.

tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

cool, might try it on the 86src. thanks for the tip.
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

Post by nralover »

What a great idea- awesome post 86er!
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Excellent idea 86er! Thanks for posting the pics. This absolutely solves a problem I've been mulling over. In the country I hunt sometimes you have to use both hands and I Really didn't want to alter my Winchester when its the rifle of choice. Thanks!!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Excellent Joe, this makes so much sense and is not permanent in case you want to remove it. Nice!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Joe,

That is brilliant!!! Even I can do that. And I'm gonna give it a try.

Thanks for the idea.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

What a great idea, I have used slip-on shotgun slings for years with never really looking for a better set. You definitely found a better way. Thats awesome I will have to give it a try on one of mine .
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

Brilliantly simple, Exceptionally elegant !!

Cheers,

Carl