Unique, Unique

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Unique, Unique

Post by GoatGuy »

Ran across an article by John Taffin (Guns Magazine - June 2001) in my stash of reloading info that I hadn't read since it was originally published. Thought the topic might be of interest since I often see posted topics regarding the "one best powder for my (fill in the blank)".

In the article Taffin makes a solid case that Alliant's Unique powder, on reloader's shelves since 1900 from one manufacturer or another, is one of the best "all around" powders for the handgun reloader. He lists his favorite Unique loads for .32 H&R Magnum, .32-20 wcf, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .38-40 wcf, .41 Special, .44-40 wcf, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP, .45 Auto Rim, .45 Colt and .454 Casull. Quite an extensive listing of calibers of which we folks seem to be very familiar! His last paragraph editorially declares, "We don't like to play the 'what if you could only have one' game, but when it comes to powder, if we were limited to nothing but Unique, we could get along quite well."

I noticed earlier today, in a recently received shooting supplies catalogue, that Unique is a very reasonably priced powder for the reloader; $119.95 for an 8 pound container. It looks to me that Mr. Taffin may have been precient in his declaration that this powder is so very practical for us, in lieu of this time of rising prices and scarce reloading supplies. To borrow a phrase from O'Reilly, "What say you?"
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Unique, Unique

Post by J Miller »

What say me?

Unique was the first pistol powder I used when I started loading .45 Colt ammo. That was many summers ago. I'm still using it and will continue to do so as long as I'm able.
Taffin was correct, but what he said is nothing new.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I love Unique and make sure I always have plenty on hand. I wish I'd read Mr. Taffin's article and his favorite loads for many of the cartridges listed.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Joe - I guess some of it was new as the 32 H&R, .40 S&W and .454 Casull haven't been around for all that many decades, I reckon. At least, I don't remember them back in the early '60's when I started reloading.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

GoatGuy wrote:Ran In the article Taffin makes a solid case that Alliant's Unique powder, on reloader's shelves since 1900 from one manufacturer or another, is one of the best "all around" powders for the handgun reloader. He lists his favorite Unique loads for .32 H&R Magnum, .32-20 wcf, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .38-40 wcf, .41 Special, .44-40 wcf, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP, .45 Auto Rim, .45 Colt and .454 Casull.
Anything on the 10mm?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

10mm - not mentioned.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

It works quite well in the autoloaders too :)

I like W231 quite a lot but Unique is more versitile for sure.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Unique was the first handgun powder I ever used in any real quantity. It was graciously given to me by a good friend who has now crossed the river who had an 8 pound can he said he didn't want. I use it now for 44 mag pistol loads but have gotten away from it in other calibers. It is still as good for other rounds as it ever was. A lot of people say it is too smokey, but I like smokey.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

GoatGuy wrote:10mm - not mentioned.
Thanks, it was worth a shot (no pun intended...)
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

When I saw what was coming, I posted the query "What if you only had two or three powders" or some such, and after reading the many replies, reading load manuals, etc., I ordered Unique, 2400, and IMR 4895. I still haven't really gotten into the reloading frenzy I need to do, but I think that between those three I can cover nearly all my needs, rifle and pistol.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I use it almost exclusively. (other than BP)
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

It's the only powder I use for 45 Colt. I have a few pounds, but I'd like more. I can't find any on the shelves to replace my stock. Can't wait for this run to slow down.
Old Law Dawg
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Unique, Unique - oh with your eyes so blue....
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I started loading for my Colt SSA.45 in 1960 and my manual said Unique was all they would recommend, that is all I have ever used for the .45 and all my other handguns.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

10-11 grains is great in the .38-55, too.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JerryB wrote:I started loading for my Colt SSA.45 in 1960 and my manual said Unique was all they would recommend, that is all I have ever used for the .45 and all my other handguns.
Jerry,
You must have one of the old Speer manuals. That's all they recommended up to around #7 or 8 I think.

Personally for the handguns and types of loads I shoot, I could get along just fine with only Unique. Not that I will, but I could.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

Is Unique made by Alliant any cleaner burning than the version made by Hercules? The older stuff was quite dirty.

Joe
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

JFE wrote:Is Unique made by Alliant any cleaner burning than the version made by Hercules? The older stuff was quite dirty.

Joe

This is a criticism of Unique that I have never understood. Yes, I've seen some sooty cases from low-pressure loads, but I have always felt that Unique was, and is, one of the cleaner powders I've used. It sounds like one of those things that one person said one time and everyone thereafter just repeated.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Love Unique, its the best I have found in my 45 Colt and 44/40. One of my 38spls also finds it to its liking with 158g SWC of any persuasion, 4.5 to 5g is a great load. We have so many powders available its hard sometimes to find that right load for each individual gun. Spoilt for choice I guess. Am now trying Unique in my 686 with 160g SWC, 6.2 looks promising at this time. Whats the story in the States, looks like powder is becoming harder to find, have not seen that problem in Australia as yet, but it may come. Alliant here is plentiful at the moment along with the local ADI homegrown product. AP70N is very close to Unique. Called Universal by Hodgdon who import it from here.

Finding lead projectiles here at present is a bit of a chore, dont know why, seeing as how we export tons of the stuff.
Most gunshops are finding it hard to get their orders through in reasonable time.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I've probably used more Unique than any other powder, mostly in .38spec, .357mag, .45ACP, and .44mag. Great powder, I need to pick some up, down to 3-4 pounds on hand.
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

Pisgah wrote:
JFE wrote:Is Unique made by Alliant any cleaner burning than the version made by Hercules? The older stuff was quite dirty.

Joe

This is a criticism of Unique that I have never understood. Yes, I've seen some sooty cases from low-pressure loads, but I have always felt that Unique was, and is, one of the cleaner powders I've used. It sounds like one of those things that one person said one time and everyone thereafter just repeated.

My experience is limited to the older Hercules made stuff. Used in mid range loads in both 357 & 44 mag I found the powder to be quite dirty, hence my question.

Sorry if I unintentionally gored a sacred cow.

Joe
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Pisgah wrote:

Joe

Bullseye used to burn real dirty when made by Hercules but the version of Bullseye made by Alliant burns pretty clean. Unique has always burned pretty clean at least in my experience with it.
ED
Yer never too old
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Is the new Alliant Unique cleaner than the older Hercules Unique? I don't know. I'm still shooting ammo loaded with the old powder as well as the new powder and I can't tell much difference. But then I seem to have come to an understanding of how Unique, 2400 and other powders, that people think are dirty, work.

I consider any smokeless powder clean, compared to black powder. Where the problem rises is the bullet lube you use with the powder. For instance, use RCBS rifle lube in a revolver with Unique and it's a recipe for greasy, gooey, filthy revolver. It's not the powders fault, just a reaction with the lube.

Is the Alliant Unique cleaner ........... well they say so.

Joe
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Taffin addresses Unique's dirty burning reputation in the article noted in the original post. Remember that this article was published in June 2001. One could expect that the Unique being sold since this first appeared in Guns Magazine is the "cleaner" burning type.

Quoting Taffin; "One negative aspect that many shooters often raise about Unique is that is "dirty" burning. Dick Quisenberry at Alliant states that the "new" Unique coming this Spring will be 60 percent cleaner burning than the "old" Unique."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

GoatGuy wrote:Taffin addresses Unique's dirty burning reputation in the article noted in the original post. Remember that this article was published in June 2001. One could expect that the Unique being sold since this first appeared in Guns Magazine is the "cleaner" burning type.

Quoting Taffin; "One negative aspect that many shooters often raise about Unique is that is "dirty" burning. Dick Quisenberry at Alliant states that the "new" Unique coming this Spring will be 60 percent cleaner burning than the "old" Unique."
Well, OK then, if Dick Q, says it's so then it must be so. At least in their labs. How much of this 60% cleaner do we actually see in our guns? I don't know.

I just had an idea.
I'll dig out one box of my old Hercules Unique, then match it up with a similar load with Alliant Unique and go shoot them from two different guns and see which one is dirtier.

Joe
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Sounds good to me, Joe. Probably a good use of spare time. FWIW, I have no dog in this fight. Just thought I would pass on a reloading article that might be of interest to those of us here who load for sidearms, and have respect for John Taffin's thoughts on a subject.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

GoatGuy,

I appreciate your posting the article. As far as I'm concerned it's one of, if not the most versitile powders ever made. Considering it's been around over 100 years, I'm not alone.

This thing about Unique being dirty is to me a non issue. Never has been, never will be. Honestly I don't care. I learned long ago that when you shoot a gun it gets dirty. Then you clean it. No big deal. That's the way of things.
I'm not even sure why I join in on that part of the subject, I just do.

Joe
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've used Unique for over 30 years, and still do. Love it for almost any pistol cartridge I own, but I also use it for reduced loads in many rifles with great success. My RCBS Cast Bullet Manual lists lots of loads for Unique in both pistol and rifle.
Good stuff!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Through the years unique has always been my mainstay. It seems to give factory standard ballistics in all pistol calibers. If I had only one powder choice in handguns it would have to be unique. Then bullseye for light target loads and 2400 for the hot stuff. Thats all I have ever used, maybe a little H-110. There may be others but its just complicates things for me.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I use this powder for many of my reloading applications. If I were limited to only one Powder it would be Alliant Unique.

It's a great Powder for reloading All Brass 16 ga. Shot Gun Shells.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Mustang 22
Levergunner

Post by Mustang 22 »

I've been using Unique for all my 45 Colt, 45 ACP and 38 Special for more years than I care to talk about and I am completely happy with it. In the beginning I did try some others but the Unique always gives me the best loads. I will keep on using it until they don't make it any more, or I croak, which ever comes first. :mrgreen:
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Unique is a darned good powder, however, I do remember back in the 80's when I was shooting IPSC, we learned that is wasn't the best choice for loads used in the revolver division, because all it took was just one unburnt granule under the extractor of a Smith and wesson revolver to lock it up. Of course most of us usually turned the gun barrel towards the sky, when kicking out the emptys, and that usually ensured that no unspent granule would find it's way under the extractor, but I have seen it happen.

So for that game, I usually stayed with Winchester 231 or 2400.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Wrangler John
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wrangler John »

Unique is like potato chips, the old favored snack. Yeah they're fattening, covered with too much salt and leave your fingers oily, but nothing else will satisfy the craving. What's more they're still cheap, maybe not as cheap as when the big bag cost $0.69, but cheap enough.

Unique fills voluminous cases well, maybe not as well as that tricked out newcomer IMR Trail Boss, but well enough. I have been using it with cast bullets in .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .357 Maximum, .375 Super Mag, .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP, and .45 Colt since before Shake & Bake, Red's Tamales or cell phones were invented. Hell, I used it back when Jerry Garcia lived in La Honda with Mountain Girl and smoked Chesterfields. Recently I cranked out a thousand .480 Ruger rounds loaded with it, indeed the most versatile powder going. Any primer will light it off, and you don't gotta worry about crimp strength or much of anything else.

Dirty? Well it does leave a few toasted flakes behind, but it ain't nowhere as dirty as Shelly Bruce or Larry Flint. So, belly up to the gun counter, or click over to an Internet supplier, and buy the biggest keg they got. You'll still be using it when your first Social Security check arrives. After that, your ashes can be stored inside the empty container. Dadgummit, what a way to go. :D
_n4z_
Levergunner

Post by _n4z_ »

Lot of people here saying the new Unique is cleaner.

Having never used the old I have no point of reference and don't know. What I do know is that both Bullseye and 2400, current production, leave little if any soot on my cylinders when I shoot. I cannot say the same of the new Unique. Hey, it even says on the container "Cleaner Burning" ! Funny, I'd not noticed that before. :o And yes, I've tried all different power level loadings for Unique in .357mag, and I still see soot.

Of course soot comes right off with minimal effort, and the powder works well launching slugs with authority. I just don't like getting the crud all over my hands. ....must be a fancy boy. :lol:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Lastmohecken wrote:Unique is a darned good powder, however, I do remember back in the 80's when I was shooting IPSC, we learned that is wasn't the best choice for loads used in the revolver division, because all it took was just one unburnt granule under the extractor of a Smith and wesson revolver to lock it up. Of course most of us usually turned the gun barrel towards the sky, when kicking out the emptys, and that usually ensured that no unspent granule would find it's way under the extractor, but I have seen it happen.

So for that game, I usually stayed with Winchester 231 or 2400.
Same can be said for many other powders. One granule will tie up a tight fitted DA revolvers. Don't matter what the powder is.
_n4z_ wrote:Lot of people here saying the new Unique is cleaner.

Having never used the old I have no point of reference and don't know. What I do know is that both Bullseye and 2400, current production, leave little if any soot on my cylinders when I shoot. I cannot say the same of the new Unique. Hey, it even says on the container "Cleaner Burning" ! Funny, I'd not noticed that before. :o And yes, I've tried all different power level loadings for Unique in .357mag, and I still see soot.

Of course soot comes right off with minimal effort, and the powder works well launching slugs with authority. I just don't like getting the crud all over my hands. ....must be a fancy boy. :lol:
Yep, filthy guns and filthy hands is a trademark for Unique. At the indoor range I shoot it when I come out with my hands all black the owner jokes and says: "You been shootin Unique again haven't you?" Yep, sure have I say as I head for the wash basin to wash it off my hands.

Fancy Boy ....... :?: :lol: Lava soap works for them too. :mrgreen:

Joe
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Unique was my first pistol powder also. In addition to generating a little "haze" when fired, the gun snoke seemed to have a "unique"odor too. :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

crs wrote:Unique was my first pistol powder also. In addition to generating a little "haze" when fired, the gun snoke seemed to have a "unique"odor too. :D
crs,

You wanna make a stinky smokey mess with Unique? Get some cast bullets, lube them with RCBS "rifle" lube and load 'em on top of Unique. Not sure why but that combo, at least with the old Hercules version was the filthiest I've ever used.

I was shooting a Colt Python once with my own cast bullets and unique. My friend was shooting a S&W Mdl 15. When we emptied the 3# coffee can and took a break our guns cooled down. His gun was sluggish, my Python was froze up. So much goo it just wouldn't work till I cleaned it up a bit.

Ahhhhh, the good ole days.

Joe
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Unique likes a tight crimp. Then it is not so sooty. I find the New Unique to be much better than the old Hercules type.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

Why I use Unique is it can loaded any gun I have ever owned with cast or jacket bullets . I have use it in pistol from 380 to 45LC and in a rifle like 30 carb to 50-70 . If you get a Lyman Cast Bullet Manual there is a Unique load for over 200 different cal in it . Sure 38/Bullseye , 357/2400 , 296/ 44 mag , ect , ect works good , but who need a different can of powder for every gun and cal you have .

It is also a great shotgun powder also

There is a powder in every cal better suited for it , but this is the only powder I know of you can you can load every cal under 1500 fps . It is not placement sensive so wads are not needed and a few tenths of grain don't affect it accuracy . They say it dirty , well it wipes off with a rag . All my rifle loads are under 15.0 grs which make it CHEAP and fun shoot with a good accurate loads .

Here my little guide [ not in stone ]
Unique ...............up to 1200 fps
IMR 4227............1000 to 2000 fps
IMR 3031.............over 2000 fps

I've using these 3 powders for 30 yrs to load everything under the sun , whether it is plucking , hunting or target loads with great success .

Image..Image
Image......Image
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

GoatGuy wrote:10mm - not mentioned.
He said 38-40. Your covered. :wink:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've been pushing Unique as a great powder and use it all the time. I use it in .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R, .38 Spec. (even .357 Mag and .357 Max for certain loads), .41 Mag, .44 Spec, .44 Mag, .45 Colt, .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, and have tried it for light loads in several rifle cartridges.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Uinique is the handgun powder I use most. Not the best for full power 44 mag loads, but best with being able to find a midrange load in about any chambering.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I disagree with Taffin only to the extent of saying that I could cheerfully survive with only Unique, Win 296, IMR 4198 and FFg blackpowder in my powder chest.

My caliber spectrum in not as wide as Taffin's, but I must admit that I use more Unique than all other smokeless powders combined.

I've found Unique to provide outstanding accuracy and superb reliability in all calibers I load. Only in one revolver, with one load have I found anything superior (19.2 gr Win 296 with a Sierra 125 gr JHP and a CCI Magnum Small Pistol Primer).

Yep, pushed into a corner and forced to select one handgun powder, I could live with a few hundred pounds of Unique.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just had to crack into my 4# reserve jug of Unique. Now I'm worried. The last one cost me $59.00. The next one :shock: :o :?:

Joe
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

I am surprised nobody mentioned Unique's great ability in the .45 ACP if you want some hard hitting loads. I saw an article recently by John Taffin about using it to push 250 - 255 grain cast to over 950 fps in a Springfield XD-45.
I have used Unique since the early 1970's to push the same Lyman 250 bullet to 900 fps in a 1911 and have been called insane for my efforts. I feel in good company knowing John Taffin has done the same and more!
BTW; that bullet makes a great hunting bullet if in country that allows the use of the .45 ACP for hunting!
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

Years ago, I had a Remington 788 in 308 Win. I made a reduced load with Unique and the Speer Plinker. It was perfect for varminting and gave me minute-or-squirrels-head accuracy.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Joe - saw an 8# jug sell for $110.00 OTD off a reloading component/ammo dealer's table last week-end at a "fun" show. Thought that wasn't all bad considering how difficult it is to find any components at anything near old prices.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Pisgah wrote:

Joe
Dirty - we aren't talking about black powder, eh? Is there any powder that is 100% clean, anyway? I clean my firearms after shooting; so I never could understand why this is such an issue, valid or not.

My very best plinking and target load for a Taurus 6.5 inch .44 Magnum revolver is 9.0 grains Unique behind a 240 gr. cast SWC (18-20 Brinnel Harndness). It gives me 1080 fps and can print smaller groups with my iron sights at 25 yards than these bespectacled eyes can take advantage of. One bright day with rested eyes gave me 1" groups at 25 yards from the bench.

I am glad that this old oyster is still around - it is a great one, much maligned by the Newest-Powder-of-the-week group.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Pisgah wrote:

Joe
This is a criticism of Unique that I have never understood. Yes, I've seen some sooty cases from low-pressure loads, but I have always felt that Unique was, and is, one of the cleaner powders I've used.

John,

I agree wholeheartedly!

I've heard that Unique was a dirty powder since before I started reloading. I've never found this to be true.

However, I think I know how it gained the reputation for being dirty.

I think the culprit is a light crimp. With the heavy crimps I use on all my revolver loads, I've never noticed Unique being any dirtier than any other powder. However, in lightly crimped .45 ACP loads, ai see significantly more powder fouling and unburned powder.

I would opine that if folks who think Unique to be dirty used a heavier crimp, they'd find it cleaner burning.

Just my dos centavos on the subject.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Works for 32 Long and Short Colt, too!
2.5 gr Unique, 90 gr cast lead @ 950-1000 fps, or thereabout.
That's a max load in my old Marlin '92
otteray