History channel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

History channel

Post by 3leggedturtle »

R Lee Hermey show on handguns is on right now . Just watched Tanks anyone else watching this
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: History channel

Post by kimwcook »

3leggedturtle wrote:R Lee Hermey show on handguns is on right now . Just watched Tanks anyone else watching this
I've watched a couple of his new shows "Lock N' Load". I like it better than his last one.
Old Law Dawg
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The cannons show and the machine-gun show were both good. I've missed the tanks and the handgun show though.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I watched it one night a week or so ago when they ran the ones on machine guns, tanks, and handguns. Pretty good. I swear old R. Lee has more hair in his eyebrows than I have on my head.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

He didn't have as much hair on one eyebrow after that 44 whacked him :lol: Notice that he didn't shoot the 50 S&W from the bench like the 44. Even he said he wanted no more of the 44 :mrgreen: How the heck you shoot right handed and whack your left eye, I don't know, neve done that before.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

"Helicopters" is on tonight, 9pm EST... :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

EDIT: Deleted original post.

Yes, those shows are good. Saw the one on Helos this evening.
Last edited by Modoc ED on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
ED
Yer never too old
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

just got done watching helicopters.

kinda like that old marine. :D

even if he is a marine, :roll:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by a357lever »

He shure hates 9mm's.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Watching the high speed of him shooting the .500 s&W was interesting. You could see the shockwave traveling through his wrist bone.

No thanks.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

How the heck you shoot right handed and whack your left eye, I don't know, neve done that before.
I'd say torque prolly twisted it over that much..He did OK with the non magnums though..
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
hammerman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hammerman »

I'll bet he is a good shot. He never flinched on a single slow motion shot he took. I probably would have flinched shooting that big 500 S&W.
Only Winchester levers, one custom 356 top eject bigbore
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

R Lee is cool
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

R. Lee is great. He's gotta be close to 70 by now, if not a little older, and he's still got some serious enthusiasm going.

Can't blame him a bit for being put off by the .500 though. I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs., and shot one of the earlier Smith .500's a few years back. Shot it from a bench, resting on a heavy burlap sandbag. First shot split the sandbag and flung sand everywhere.

I like large bore sixguns, but for the first time in my life, shooting a big bore sixgun was NOT fun. I just shook my head and gave the revolver back to its owner. Shooting that bad dog was like dynamite going off in front of my face. :o - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

These shows do alot for us.....make guns into something other than an evil object to the masses. Ooooorah Gunney! Mythbusters deserves some kudos as well, even if their logic isn't quite straight on some of the shooting stuff that they do.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8