I received my NEW 1894CL from Marlin today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

I received my NEW 1894CL from Marlin today

Post by jdad »

To recap the whole story.....
Bought an 1894CL in June, first time out it wouldn't function and the fit/finish was sub par, sent it back, Marlin rebuilt it and sent it back to me, it functioned fine for the first 15-16 rounds, sent it back to Marlin, Marlin couldn't guarantee 100% trouble free functioning, so they scrapped the rifle and selected/tested, for function and accuracy, a new one before sending it out. This one has a 2006 serial number and so far I'm impressed. :lol: I'll see the accuracy tomorrow.

You don't need to see the rest. The fit/finish/cycling/trigger are just as nice as the wood. I'll be mounting an FP and Sourdough tonight.

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

jdad, What do you mean by a "Sourdough". Please explain.
Old Law Dawg
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

They're no longer made by Marbles, but Brownells still has some. It gives you a flat "post" instead of a "bead" for a front sight.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... urdough&s=
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good on Marlin and very nice looking wood there. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The original "Sourdough Patridge" front sight was made by Redfield, and was a dovetail-type flat blade, about 3/16" thick, in various heights with a squared-off top that had the top rear corner cut at a 45-degree angle to the shooter & inlaid with a small square brass face/bead.

A very rugged, easy to see/use iron sight.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... urdough&s=
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

8) WOW 8)
Dewight
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dewight »

Boy!!! I need to find a reason to send mine back to Marlin a couple of times so I can get some nice wood like yours
Member: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very good - that is one I have always wanted.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Extremely nice! Now you have a factory hand picked rifle, with provenance from Marlin to prove it! Sweet!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I took it to the range yesterday and even though it was windy I was still very impressed. The Williams FP and Sourdough sight were on target, in about 6 shots. I had 3 loads set up. 9.0, 9.2, and 9.5 gr of 2400 under a 115gr Laser Cast. The groups tightened up as the velocity increased. I just need to go back, on a calm day, and get my 50m and 100m zero.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Congrats and sounds good. Keep us updated if you don't mind.

:D
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt