OT - It is a sickness...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - It is a sickness...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... my wife's though - not mine! I'm just drug along for the painful ride.

It takes a full day and a half to decorate the house for Christmas each year. It is a bit better now that we have a basement. At least I am not lugging down the 20+ boxes down a pull-down ladder from the attic!

38 strands of lights (100-count) outside, not including the reindeer, sleigh, spotslights, wreaths, etc.

Another 20 something strands inside between the two (yes, 2) trees. I hate to see the electric bill in December.

Taking it down takes a full day. Here it all is, ready for next year.

Someone shoot me... :shock:
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I feel your pain ! :(
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Goodness Ysabel. Clark Griswald ain't got nothing on you!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My wife just put our's away - it wouldn't all fit in the one shopping bag.
Last edited by Old Savage on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I feel your pain. The only limiting factor my wife has on decorations and the like is that the military puts a weight limit on us when we move. Last time we moved we were 1,040 Lbs over :shock:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:I feel your pain. The only limiting factor my wife has on decorations and the like is that the military puts a weight limit on us when we move. Last time we moved we were 1,040 Lbs over :shock:
My back is telling me right now that your overage is probably about half of what all that junk weighs! :shock:

Yep, I'm a Griswold, but not by choice.

What you didn't see is the other boxes. Several marked "Easter", a couple marked "Thanksgiving". One for the fourth of July (I do like putting red, white and blue lights out for a week), and, of couse, a few for Halloween. Even have a box split for Valentines Day and St. Patrick's!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

We need to keep our wives from ever meeting :shock: :shock: or we will both be the worst for wear :wink: :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:We need to keep our wives from ever meeting :shock: :shock: or we will both be the worst for wear :wink: :D
I'm just trying to think of how I can use your military weight limit to stop the influx of more decorations! :wink:
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I believe I'd get her one of those girlie colored, woman sized tool kits from homo depot and see if she gets the hint.

My wife and her mom got to to coming up with all sorts of arts and stuff projects one year, but I promptly shut it down, once I found out they were design and I was labor. I thought I was just there to help get them started! I enjoy being a part of the project, but marching orders cause my brakes to lock up!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

WOW! YK you must love your wife one heck of a lot, either that or shes a lot faster to the draw than you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Cut right back this year, now my wife can handle all the inside decorations and me the outside!!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:WOW! YK you must love your wife one heck of a lot, either that or shes a lot faster to the draw than you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love her a heck of a lot! :D

While the kids are young, I don't mind. They really get a kick out of all the seasons, and she does make it special for them. It's not the decoration, but the love that goes into it.

And I can't complain too much. She has a wall in the basement. I pretty much have everything else, and just in the reloading area, I have her beat 10 to 1 on weight! Then again, lead does weigh a bit more than tinsel!!! :wink:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Im in the same boat as you....
although it looks like you got me beat by 2 or 3 boxes
But this year we skipped the outdoor lights.........
and just decorated the inside and the walk to the front door.
I wish i had a bit more room to store this stuff!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

you have me beat by a dozen boxes. Only took us a few hours to undecorate. Yours is a lot more organized than mine. :)
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ours is a simple two box affair.

Open box A take out self illuminated aluminum tree stand it up, plug it in.

Open box B take out ornaments hang them on tree.

Sit down enjoy pretty lights.

My cats are so old now they don't even mess with it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'll never complain about my wife's Christmas decorations again. Wow.
Old Law Dawg
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

good night !!!!

Thank goodness I don't have to deal with anything remotely close to that.

I do have the privilege though, of having to drive over 1500 miles round trip and spending about 3 weeks at the in-law's and parent's homes every Christmas vacation. Of course not by choice. :shock:

Top it off with the fact my birthday is Christmas day, which means I spend my birthday driving to visit everyone on my wife's list while having to travel with a 14yr old and a 2 yr old.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We finally got to the point where we have the KIDS do the decorating - starting when the oldest was about 12, they knew how to do all the basics; our only 'lights' are on the tree and around the livingroom on nails already there, so no 'electric' stuff a kid couldn't handle.

They LOVE doing it. We just sit and watch and are glad we're NOT doing it.

After awhile, since our house is small, they'll complain the tree takes up 'all the space' and we'll "let" them take it down!

Now, if I can just get them to do my reloading for me.... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Whoops....

Post by Texican »

I just showed my wife the picture of your basement. What a mistake! Now that she knows we're behind the curve she wants to play catch-up!
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kid, your a better man than me. At least you have more energy. All that decoratin' would cut into my gun time!----------Sixgun
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I've had this idea for a christmas tree for several years now.

It would open up like an umbrella, with built in lights and ornaments. Pop it open, set it in the corner and plug it in.

I was all set to become a millionaire over it, my wife hates the idea ... oh well at least she doesn't have THAT MUCH stuff! <G>
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The father of one of my friends simply put the tree in the walk-up attic, completely decorated, and put a tarp over it. Every Christmas he takes it down, plugs it in, and he is set.

Maybe when the kids have grown up. They do enjoy decorating the trees every year, and I enjoy seeing Christmas through their eyes. :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

people that are that organized are just plain sick. :?

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.