9422M

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
tribex
Levergunner

9422M

Post by tribex »

Well, I purchased a 9422M last night. The first 9422 I've ever owned. Serial# F204XXX. Any idea on date of manufacture? I negotiated 550 rounds of ammo from the feller I bought it from. Can't wait to get to the range and shoot it. Has anyone tried the williams receiver sight that attaches to .22 grooved receivers? I thought I might slap one on but wanted some feedback first. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tribex
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 9422M

Post by Nath »

Can not help but congrats any way and I sure can not wait for the range report :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

I've got one that I bought off the gun shop consignment rack a couple years ago. It came with a Bushnell 4x scope mounted on it. At 100 yards from the bench it is 1 moa accurate using the Remington JHP ammo. I'm thoroughly impressed with this weapon. I'd like to get a better scope for it with more eye relief as finances allow. That's the only problem I have with it, and no fault whatsoever to Winchester. Heck of a nice weapon. I have a 9422 high grade as well that I bought for my boy years ago. That is also a fine shooter that sees quite a bit of use with .22 shorts at our tin can range and plinking around in the desert.
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Tribex,
Try this Rimfire Central site for date of manufacture and other .22 information:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/fo ... y.php?f=52

Please post pictures soon.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Congratulations...!

I have a 9422M XTR (sans checkering) that makes a good accounting of itself against jacks & cottontails, out to 150 yards, with factory iron sights. It even likes the CCI "TNT" loads, with 30-gr. bullets.

From time to time, I've shot it with Winchester or CCI .22 WRF ammo, and it shoots & cycles perfectly.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
tribex
Levergunner

Post by tribex »

Thanks crs. Looks like 1974.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Congrats on the 9422M. I need to get me one to go with my 9422.

I've used the Williams FP GR model, that's the universal grooved top sight, on my 9422. I didn't like it at all. It would have functioned just fine, but it stuck out on both sides farther than I liked, and there was a quarter inch gap between the side of the sight and the receiver. It just didn't impress me as being overly durable. I ended up selling it.
Eventually I'll be getting my 9422 D&T'd for a side mount receiver sight.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
tribex
Levergunner

Post by tribex »

Thanks for the info, Joe. That is the feedback I was looking for. I'll probably try it with the factory open sights.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Great rifle! I sure like mine.
"That'll Be The Day"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's a few recent posts on groove-mount sights...

Like Joe said - the "FP" model of Williams sticks out to the sides (see photos below) and switching to the "WGRS" seems to be the consensus on the posts (again, see pics for the MAJOR difference between these two type of sights).

Williams WGRS mounted normally - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=19608

Williams target (FP) type and (bottom of page) an unusually-mounted top-mount (WGRS) - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=19986

NECG sight - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=16885

Here's a post of mine (down the page on the thread) a ways back that has lots of peep and aperture sights in general...

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=20342

Hope it all helps. Sounds like a cool gun and you got some serious ammo supply with it!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
tribex
Levergunner

Post by tribex »

Hey AJMD429, Thank you very much for all the info. This is very helpful!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

This is the New England Custom Gun (NECG) clip-on peep, mounted on my 9422XTR-M

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I have had a WGRS on a 9422M, for a long time. I like it very much. I had to put a taller front sight on. It's low profile, and gives a good sight picture, and it doesn't hang out on either side of the gun.

The only trouble I had, was that the tiny grooves on the 9422mag are very tiny indeed and I had a little problem getting the sight to clamp down, good enough, to suit me. So, after clamping it down, as best I could, I filled in the slight air gap under the sight with JB-Weld, because I knew I would never want to change it on that gun. You couldn't even tell it, I didn't point it out, and I have been very happy with it.

A scope doesn't look right on the 9422mag, and the stock iron sights are not that good either.
NRA Life Member, Patron
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

i have one as well, like her alot.

i'm having trouble seeing the pics you must have posted though. :o :lol:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

I have that Williams sight on my rifles. And I like the sight a lot. You have a lot of adjustment as far as mounting is concerned. And the sight is relatively low profile. I prefer the target knobs. Tom.

CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Tribex, Congrats on your purchase!! You'll never regret it. I love my 9422M and it WILL NOT leave my family. I have a HiViz front sight and a Lyman reciever sight on mine. Here's some pics................

Enjoy your 9422M. They are one of the best! Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
tribex
Levergunner

Post by tribex »

Question for CEMENTHEAD. How does the Lyman sight attach to the receiver? Did you have to drill & tap?
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Tribex, yes it was a Drill/Tap job.......$25.00 @ the local gunsmith because I didn't have the time. Came out well. Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!