OT- Oh what a perfect day...went to the range, too

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Oh what a perfect day...went to the range, too

Post by meanc »

No levers involved here fellas, so click that back button now if you don't want to read it. :D

It was a gorgeous day here in Florida. Just enough sunshine and overcast to make it perfect. So I decided to make the 25mi trip to the shooting range on my scooter. And when I say scooter, I mean an actual scooter.

I've taken this drive on my motorcycle many times but it always seemed like I was going the speed limit to keep up with cars in front of me, or going faster to avoid getting hit from behind; not really enjoying the ride or the scenery.

Well, a couple of years ago when my wife decided she'd like something of her own to ride I decided to sell my Vulcan classic and got her an Aprilia Mojito Custom 150 for Valentines Day. I liked that thing so much, that we decided to get another for me.

Today, while riding it, I just decided to cruise along at a comfortable 40mph. Maybe 3 cars came up behind me and I just waved them around. The scenery was beautiful. The pastures and trees were all green. It was definitely a picture perfect ride and very relaxing.

Well, I eventually made it to the range with my .45 and a couple of 22s (Ruger P90 / Sp101 22lr/ MKII) which all fit perfectly under the seat.

It was the first time at the range with the P90 and SP101 and the accuracy was surprising out of both. The MKII has always been more accurate than me and I love it and the other two have definitely made it into the top 10 of my favorites now.

All in all, I think everyone should just take the time out and enjoy the scenery every now and again. Oh yeah, and go to the range, too.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Oh what a perfect day...went to the range, too

Post by kimwcook »

meanc wrote:All in all, I think everyone should just take the time out and enjoy the scenery every now and again. Oh yeah, and go to the range, too.
Hear, hear. I wholeheartedly agree.
Old Law Dawg
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

The wife and I took a few days off away from the Beast in OK last week. We rented a car and went to check up on my acreage in the southeast part of the state. Enjoyed the fall colors, the quiet of the forest surrounding my place, the daydreaming of the day we build ourcabin there, strolling through the cemetary in Antlers and basically just kicking around at a leisurely pace.

Glad you had a great day on the scoot and at the range. Life is to short to rush through it.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Rained over here in the middle of the state. The wind kept the new rocket on the ground as well. I wish it would cool down some. We're looking at 88-90 all this week.

Shooting in the middle of the week sounds good to me though.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Sound like a good time...I like those sp101s
I too went to the range this past weekend...
it was a perfect day for it....
shot my Knight muzzle loader, marlin 30-30 :D
Winchester model 70 in 06 :D
and my winchester model 94 legacy 38-55.... :oops:
38-55 needs work....

Are you going hunting?
I am headed to camp on Friday :D
Cant wait to get the hell out of this f'n office

on a scooter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Rihmfire,

Depends on the what the wife has planned for the Holdays.

If up in Alabama (as usual) then I'll probably be hunting there. When we get back to Fl there should still be a week or two left for the FL season, so more than likely I'll be heading up Ocala way a couple of weekends.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.