Ideas for Single Six Shoulder Holster

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Ideas for Single Six Shoulder Holster

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I've been looking for a shoulder rig for my .32M Single Six. Something basic and easy to put on. Everything I've found is gonna cost close to $200. I'm not looking for a custom "Doc Holiday" rig (even though for the right price it would be nice). Something like the old pilots holsters from WWII might work but they aren't set up well for the style and size of the Single Six. I've seen those for less than $100.

Ideas?

LK
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT- Ideas for Single Six Shoulder Holster

Post by alnitak »

All kinds of places sell them. Here's one for $45 shipped:

http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/StoreFront

If you don't want/need leather, there are more low cost options. You might check Cabela's and Sportsmansguide ofr inexpensive leather holsters.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Leather is a must!!! :D Also prefer no etching or engraving.

Did some more looking, still having some trouble but maybe looking at the "Bandolier" style. Have a nylon one that I bought for a scoped Ruger MKII and currently use for my Security Six and like the easy on, easy off. But it's butt ugly and nylon is definitely out.

LK
klhill
Levergunner 2.0

Post by klhill »

El Paso Saddlery has their Tanker style shoulder holster.Very high quality copy of the WW11 pilot holster which they make for 1911 and revolvers.$98 for under 5" barrels and $108 for longer barrels. www.epsaddlery.com
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

http://www.huntercompany.com/ has a leather SH. danny
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Hey there L_Kilkenny - Your post got me curious. Stuck my three screw in a tanker style designed for 1911's. Fits fine but the retaining strap is too short and in the wrong position. They made these for .38 revolvers too and they would probably work better. I don't have one to try. The second photo is a new cross draw I have that is available. If you change your mind about the shoulder rig and might be interested, give me a shout. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

Resurecting this old thread 'cause I'm looking for something for my Cimarron Model P Jr. that is on its way.
Tom
Eastern N.C.

NRA Rifle Instructor
4-H Rifle Instructor
HP Service Rifle competitor
Hobie

Re: Ideas for Single Six Shoulder Holster

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

I have long wondered if a full flap civil war replica revolver holster, such as made for the 1862 Police, or 1862 Navy, would work for a Ruger Super Single Six .22 revolver. Anyone try that, or any other CW replica flap holster?

Thanks.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

After posting this thread a couple years ago I decided to start making my own. I've really grown to like the threeperson design. They sty up and out of the way, don't interfere when I'm sitting in the truck or on the ground in the woods.
ImageImage
But in the thick timber (lots of briar's and rose thickets) the guns do show more wear than I've wanting. So next on the list to make is a tanker style shoulder rig that can be worn under my coat/jacket. We'll see how I like it.

LK