OT: More canoe pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

OT: More canoe pics

Post by nemhed »

Seeing Ganjiro's post on his new (to him) canoe made me want to post a picture from my hunting trip with my buddy Wes, down on Patoka Lake in southern Indiana. He's the one taking the picture (disposable film camera). We're paddling his 14 ft home made plywood piroque (flat bottomed canoe) and using my 17 ft aluminum canoe as a mule. And yes, I did use a levergun on this hunt.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Homemade? Cool! 8)
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

What did you hunt for?
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

That's the way to do it!
Pirogues are cool!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Bigbore, we were deer hunting in the Hoosier National Forest.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Some where buried amongst my Dads 1930s shop books are blueprints from a trade school to construct an aluminum canoe.. All riveted construction! ..Another set for making an aluminum hunting Bow..
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

nehmed- Nice picture, thanks! I'm more and more amazed at my Grumman, she is more seaworthy than I ever expected though the outrigger didn't hurt. Also practically indestructable, and not one leak. Winds and seas picked up today so put a damper into my afternoon fishing plans.
Very nice Pirogue, before I found my Grumman I was planning on building a plywood Pirogue (with higher freeboard) and adding an outrigger for offshore fishing. Pirogues are cool designs sort of a cross between a dory and a canoe.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Alright guys, you are talking in a language I can't understand. I'm from Kansas, gimme a break. At least I know what a boat is (I've actually been in one in EASTERN Kansas, they have water there). :D
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

That Pirogue looks fine! It would be interesting with more pictures of the canoe. How is it built? I'm considering to build or buy a canoe for this summer.

Old Sh.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

We got the free plans for the pirogue at www.bateau2.com/free/cheapcanoe.htm
We actually increased all dimensions by about 10% to make the boat a little bigger but still use only 2 4x8 sheets of plywood. We built it in about 2 weekends. Construction is fairly straight forward with just a bare minimum of woodworking and fiberglassing skills required. All in all a great starter project for anyone with any boat building interest. The pirogue itself works great solo paddled with a double ended kayak paddle, could use more free board when loaded down with two people and fishing tackle.
Triggernosis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Triggernosis »

Here's one I built, though it hasn't seen much use since the birth of my little girl...
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/115444 ... 8947seOWfg
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Triggernosis, that's a great looking boat!
klrhunter650
Levergunner

Post by klrhunter650 »

I thought I would put in some pictures for Old Shatterhand.