Humor - Embarrassing personal story

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Humor - Embarrassing personal story

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is the honest truth!

As many of you who have seen my firearms pictures know, I wear slippers around the house. Why do you know? Well, as many of you have commented, you see them often in my photographs – my feet, in slippers, that is. KirkD I am not!

After yet another recent observation here on the forum about my chosen footwear, it reminded me of a funny story I thought I’d share with you all.

About 5 years ago my wife decided to get me a new pair of slippers for Christmas. I wear slippers all the time at home – we don’t wear shoes in the house, and my feet get cold. I normally wear moccasins, and usually wear them until they darn near fall apart. This was the condition of my old slippers when she bought me the new pair.

Only problem was that they weren’t moccasins. They were blue in color, and almost a corduroy-type cloth. They were comfortable, and I dutifully put them on Christmas morning.

Well, we had been up early with the kids to open presents, and were now rushing to get ready for Mass. I got the kids bundled up, and running late, we dashed for the car and drove to church – about a half-hour away. I pulled in to park, stopped the car, and looked down for some reason. What did I see? The new pair of slippers. On my feet! :shock:

In the rush to get to church on time I had forgot to change out of my slippers. I had gotten dressed before anyone else, and just hadn’t noticed that the blue things on my feet were my new slippers and not my dress shoes! It was much too late to go home, and so I just sucked it up, and attended Christmas day Mass, in a suit, with blue corduroy slippers on my feet!

I am too young for Alzheimer’s, but I am pretty sure I have “some-timersâ€
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Or as my Daddy used to call it, "Old Timers Disease". I've got a dose of it and it is getting worse.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Since I wear cowboy boots all the time and go barefoot in the house, I'd likely not make that mistake. 'Sides the gravel underfoot would remind me before I got to the car.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fstdraw
Levergunner

Post by fstdraw »

That's one of the things Christmas is about. Good story.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Hey at least you weren't wearing these.

My favorite house shoes. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

Your story reminds me of that time I went on the bus with the trash bag instead of my briefcase.

Old Sh.
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

:D :D :D

I arrived at work one with one brown shoe and one black shoe. I didn't suck it up. I was late for work that day. :oops:
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Good story.
spurgon
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

:D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thanks for the morning chuckle fellas. It goes to show that we are all mostly likely related somewhere down the line :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Foot warmer

Post by stormspotter »

Ysabel Kid, you need to get a foot warmer, or anything else warmer.

Take 2 quarts of field corn and have your wife make a bag, about 8"X12", out of heavy material. Insert corn, sew it shut and nuke it for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how hot you want it. This is no joke, the corn will not pop. It will stay warm for 2+ hours and can be reused over and over.
Been using mine for over 2 years now.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Embarrasing stories? Where do I begin.

A few years back I was out in the yard, my dog is in back field 'bout 100yds away. He sniffing around and I decide to go out in the field and join him. I get pretty close to him and he goes on point with hair raised and growling. A coyote is laying in the tall grass and gets up all bowed up and backing away from him. I turn immediatily and run for the house. Now before I went out there a voice in my head said take a gun and I didn't, so I'm standing about a good 150yds from my house in a pair of tennis shoes, basketball shorts and t-shirt, nothing else, and the grass in full growth and about up to my knees. Now I was a sprinter in high school and could run the 50 in 5 seconds flat. So here I go, off at a dead sprint across this field and in my head I'm thinking I got to get a gun. Well at about top speed and half way across this field that tall grass is grabbing at my shoes, feet and legs. Well with all that "velocity" built up and the drag from that grass, my feet got cross ways and down I go. Well now remember I'm wearing nothing but shoes, shorts, and shirt. For those that don't know, basketball shorts are kinda slick and when I landed belly first and started my slide, so did they. And they stopped only because my shoes were on and they couldn't get past them. So I jump up, bare ended to the world and start for the house again. All the while trying to get my shorts away from my shoes and back up in their rightful place. Got to the house got my gun ran back out into the field and still missed the coyote!

I told my wife what happened afterwards and she laughed until she cried. I just grumbled about missing th coyote and put my rifle away.

So long story short, if you're gonna try to be a speedster in tall grass and in basketball shorts, wear underwear!

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
danthegunman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by danthegunman »

Can I get me a pair?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That which does not kill us makes us stronger!

Dan Printz/Gunsmithing
The Firing Pin
Call Before You Shoot!

http://www.danthegunman.com
dan@danthegunman.com
Semper Fi
John14:6 <((><
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Johnny, that is classic Sir!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Those blue slippers must be very comfortable!!!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

I've seen men at our church more than once sporting slippers.
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.