OT: Tiger justice

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

OT: Tiger justice

Post by jazman »

So these punks were drunk, stoned, and taunting the tigers and other animals at the zoo. Certainly no one should die for that but part of me gets a good satisfaction about that big cat thinking "enough of this BS" and doing something about it. I hate punks. The two brothers who lived are facing charges in a separate incident of resisting arrest and assault and battery on Police Officers. Wonder if this incident taught them some manners and respect?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22719922/
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

They hadn't learned their lesson as it played out, just listen to the 911 recording. One wonders if the dead kid was trying to save his compadres or just stumbling around drunk and stupid. Death by misadventure. It is unfortunate that the tiger was killed because of their behavior.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

No idea if it's true or not, but I read someplace that they were shooting the tiger with a wrist rocket.

If so, this whole case is nothing more than natural selection at work.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Personally I dont like zoos....
I dont like to see animals locked up in small areas..
But, if they did taunt the cat, i would not mind if these two
idiots were locked up in a small cage somewhere....
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Nope! The little lyin' bas---ds are denying that they teased the cat, but forensic evidence indicates otherwise. I hope that the survivors pay dearly for their thoughtless actions. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

The cat did what came naturally. It was being threatened, it attacked.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Kinda reminds me of the lyrics from the old Jim Croce song:

"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the 'ole Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim"

(And you don't shoot a slingshot at a Bengal Tiger!)
Last edited by 66GTO on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'd say two punks that from that day forward, will forever be haunted by the sound of "GGGRRRRRROOOOOAAALLLL!" I can see it now, they're laying in wait to rob some lil' ol' lady of her purse, as they jump out, she yells, "GGGRRRRRROOOOOAAALLLL!" and two punks turn tail and run!

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Griff wrote:I'd say two punks that from that day forward, will forever be haunted by the sound of "GGGRRRRRROOOOOAAALLLL!" I can see it now, they're laying in wait to rob some lil' ol' lady of her purse, as they jump out, she yells, "GGGRRRRRROOOOOAAALLLL!" and two punks turn tail and run!

Good one Griff! :lol:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm always amazed at people who say "It wasn't worth killing someone for." Well I'm not the expert on that, ask the dead guy.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

It's been several weeks now, and I keep reading that line.. "taunting the tigers."

How does one do that? Stick out your tongue, hands open with your thumbs in your ears? "Nah nah nah na na nah!"

:roll:
Slow is just slow.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I do not like zoos and I do not understand how they can possibly be legal in this day and age. When you have seen wildlife in its true native habitat, you know that seeing a large mammal holed up in some pathetic "exhibit" in a zoo is just incredibly inhumane and incredibly stupid. The zoo should not exist in the fisr place, the tiger should not be locked up in a zoo in the first place, and the whole incident just proves points one and two.

I've been forunate to see Bald Eagles, whitetail deer, black bear, turkeys, porcupines, a whole passel of squirrels, foxes, and numerous other animals in their native habitat in northeastern PA's wolderness areas. I have had a bald eagle fly just above my car, crusing along with me as I drove down an old logging road into a State Forest area in Pike County, PA. I'looked up at that beautiful bird and realized that zoos are just so stupid.

We need to shut down the zoos and free the animals! People with brains, UNITE and join this noble cause for justice for animals and victory for freedom! You know, one other thing: where are the environmental nazi's and PETA freaks when you need them? I never hear them mutter one peep about the inhumanity of zoos, and yet they get all upset if I eat a hamburger while wearing a pair of leather shoes. Darn them!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

cas wrote:How does one do that? Stick out your tongue, hands open with your thumbs in your ears? "Nah nah nah na na nah!"
I read somewhere, "wrist rockets". If so, that would lead me to believe there's evidence left behind. It'd rile me up. ? :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Reminds me of a movie, Anchorman:

"There's olny one thing a man can do when suffering from a long, extacential funk."
"Go to the zoo, flip off the monkeys?"
"No, get new suits. To the suit shop!"
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

There's a lesson in here somewhere...

Don't play "Here Kitty, Kitty" without a plan to satisfy the cat's curiosity...?

There is such a thing as too much p***y...?

Even dumb animals hate a-holes...?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Wonder how many bullets went into the cat? Hand guns only, I assume.

Don McCullough
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Well at the national hit average for beat officers with duty weapons being around 11% and said duty guns had Kali magazines. The cat probably died of boredom...No I didn't mean that. :D. Most likely hit him three times with one bullet doing the deed.
ImageImageImage
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Not sure on this but I think California LEOs do carry high cap mags, someone will jump in and educate us...
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

ursavus.elemensis.. How's this sit w/ ya.... Back in my mis spent youth, Me & a Pard after a few hrs @ a Kegger on the 4th of July... Turnt loose all the dogs & cats in the local pound...Good thing we didn't think of the zoo!
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Recommended reading:

A Tiger's Revenge
by Claude Bawls

(From the 4th grade, I think. Hobie, please delete if over the line... :D )
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Unfortunately, something innocent did die - that magnificent tiger. The survivors ought to be charged with killing an endangered species. As much as I dislike those laws, finally one could be used for a little good. After all, if they hadn't teased the tiger, their friend/brother and the tiger would still be alive today.

As a lesser charge - given the relative value - they could be charged with second-degree murder...
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

You don't hear a single cry from the environmental ying-yangs and the PETA people about the darn ZOO. None of them is saying, "uh, why the hell was the tiger locked up in a zoo to begin with? Well, I'M SAYING IT. Free the animals, for if some of God's children be ensalved, none of us is free. Join me. We must free the animals. Then, we go hunting!! But wait, seriously, we must free the animals in the zoos because our humanity demands it.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I'm truly sorry that a person died, and equally as saddened that a magnificent tiger had to die while doing what came natural.

The moral of the story is: Don't bring a wrist rocket to a tiger fight.

I think that tiger is in Heaven right now......high-fiving the angels. :wink:

bogie
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Lets see a couple of punks get drunk and taunt the tigers at the zoo. Read some stories here that members did when young and foolish, don,t remember anyone being glad they got hurt. Sure they deserve a boot in the *** but to be mauled to death. They didn't let the tiger out they were yelling ,hasn't been shown that they threw anything either. With the constant religious OT posts on the forum I thought maybe one of those "Pray for" post would be helpful for the families of those affected. Don't want to start any bickering but I felt the need of at least one post on the side of the dead kid.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A Tiger's Revenge
by Claude Bawls
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I loved the 4th grade)

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

The problem is that in todays world no one is responsible for their own actions. It's always someone elses fault. Even thought the fence, or wall, was shorter than the minimum requirement, the tiger had not gotten out before.

So, it couldn't have been the fault of the three who were teasing the tiger, it had to be "someone elses fault".
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
Dakota Mike
Levergunner

Post by Dakota Mike »

If they claim it was racial they can get out of it, the cat started it :D
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Chris Rock was talking about it a week or so ago...

"...People say the tiger 'went crazy'...it didn't 'go crazy', it 'went tiger !!!' "

It amazes me in this day and age when people are stunned when a wild animal acts like a (gasp) wild animal.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

foxtrapper wrote:Lets see a couple of punks get drunk and taunt the tigers at the zoo. Read some stories here that members did when young and foolish, don,t remember anyone being glad they got hurt. Sure they deserve a boot in the *** but to be mauled to death. They didn't let the tiger out they were yelling ,hasn't been shown that they threw anything either. With the constant religious OT posts on the forum I thought maybe one of those "Pray for" post would be helpful for the families of those affected. Don't want to start any bickering but I felt the need of at least one post on the side of the dead kid.
Foxtrapper, I know where you are coming from, at first I felt the same way. Than the surviving brothers hired a scumbag lawyer, Mark Geregos, the clown who defended Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson (among other idiots), to go after the zoo for millions of bucks. I don't like zoos, never have, but if they succeed the papers report the zoo might have to close due to paying the millions to these punks and their lawyer. That is when I got PO'd, just because I don't like zoos people and kids who do should be able to enjoy them. Instead, these punks may end up millionaires and they flat don't deserve that.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Honestly, it is about darn time a zoo got to be hauled into court to defend its stupid self for being a zoo. I hope the liitle jerk's brother does get enough money to shut the zoo down. I say, Sue the Zoo. It's about time!
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Minorities are ruining this country.

These 'mooks decide to climb the fence at the tiger exhibit, yell at the tigers, possibly hurl things at it and get attacked. They know nothing about the natural world beyond their ghetto upbringing and so learn the hard way and get a beautiful tiger killed as a result of their shenanigans. I'll bet they sue and win because "the zoo should have had an idiot-proof wall up so we could be protected from ourselves."

BUTTS. I bet they have already reproduced, so it's too late.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

jazman wrote:
foxtrapper wrote:Lets see a couple of punks get drunk and taunt the tigers at the zoo. Read some stories here that members did when young and foolish, don,t remember anyone being glad they got hurt. Sure they deserve a boot in the *** but to be mauled to death. They didn't let the tiger out they were yelling ,hasn't been shown that they threw anything either. With the constant religious OT posts on the forum I thought maybe one of those "Pray for" post would be helpful for the families of those affected. Don't want to start any bickering but I felt the need of at least one post on the side of the dead kid.
Foxtrapper, I know where you are coming from, at first I felt the same way. Than the surviving brothers hired a scumbag lawyer, Mark Geregos, the clown who defended Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson (among other idiots), to go after the zoo for millions of bucks. I don't like zoos, never have, but if they succeed the papers report the zoo might have to close due to paying the millions to these punks and their lawyer. That is when I got PO'd, just because I don't like zoos people and kids who do should be able to enjoy them. Instead, these punks may end up millionaires and they flat don't deserve that.
I look at it this way, the tiger probably did us all a favor. I doubt those fellas were exactly pillars of their community. I feel bad for those family's if they truly feel a loss. But as for the natural selection that occured, well, when you play with fire it shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone that you get burned.