Prayers Answered

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Prayers Answered

Post by JohndeFresno »

My wife has suffered from prescription-based sleeping pill addiction.

Steroids and other nasty stuff were prescribed to hold back the effects of an incurable malady, which then led to other complications that robbed her of her rest. Her situation led to my going into early semi-retirement and my consulting and working primarily from my home over the Internet, because of various problems and hazards that her sleeplessness and dependency posed to her.

The ultimate result was an addiction to the medically prescribed "remedy" that itself became a serious problem. Our good doctor, a well read, very competent and always positive physician, stated last week that he does not think she can kick it, now. She had been on various sleeping pill prescriptions for 12 years.

Two weeks ago, the pills were essentially not working, and there was more sleep loss because of family responsibilities and obligations in an increasingly stressful situation (that I won't mention here).

We solicited prayers from a TV ministry (CBN) and among family, church and believer friends. Right after we started, our chiropractor suggested that we help the situation by shutting down all noise in the house (like, No TV in the house) and darken the house around 9:00 each evening to help stimulate the seratonin that assists in the sleep cycle.

We followed that good advice, and kept praying. My wife quit the pills and stayed awake for 72 hours. Then, she went to sleep. That was two weeks ago. Now, we go to bed around 9-9:30 each night and generally awaken at around 7 instead of 9:30 or so - refreshed! So, after two and a half days of prayer and doing all that we could do, we have broken through. This is not a respite - it's a cure - two weeks and running, despite the ongoing stress from an "unhappy" and ongoing external situation.

Many challenges and hurdles have been presented to the "DeFresno" family over the years. Ultimately, prayer has always led to a solution and remedy - when we have let go of the driver's wheel and turned it over to the Almighty. I give the glory to God and am compelled to ask the reader of this little note: If you say there is no power of a Risen Savior - are you sure? Are you willing to bet eternity on what you believe?
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Re: Prayers Answered

Post by firefuzz »

It's been often said that faith cures all. Happy for you an yours. Thanks for sharing this.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm glad to hear things are working out, God Bless.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Mt.11:28-30...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ........

His Word works every time Pard, as you well know. Glad y'all made it through the valley...

Knee mail still going up...

LB
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

That is good to hear.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Great news! Keep the positive MO. going. God Bless, 1886.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

God has been so good to me over the years and has answered so many prayers I can't express all his goodness. Praise the Lord he has taken this burden from your family as well.

TGBTG!!
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That is outstanding! Always believe in the power of prayer!
NRA Life Member
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

That is Great! :) Prayers to continue/God Bless!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Excellent. Praying your good fortune continues.
Old Law Dawg
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

John, I pray God continues to Bless your wife and your family with Healing and Love. Victor
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Praise and prayers for protection are up!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thank you - all of you. God continually blesses us, but all prayers are welcome!
Jas 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

John -

Excellent news! I can't imagine going through that for so long. After my back surgery last year it took me months to wean myself off the sleeping pills. I keep getting bouts of sleeplessness, but usually suffer with it for several days before resorting to a pill, and limit myself to two nights of them in every week - and only then if I just have to function. It is no fun...
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Amen!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Ysabel Kid wrote:...I keep getting bouts of sleeplessness, but usually suffer with it for several days before resorting to a pill...
Prayers forthcoming from the DeFresno's and PM.

This is one of the links sent to us by CBN. Great affirmations from the Book of James:
https://www.cbn.com/.../CBNTeachingShee ... Faith.aspx

And this reminded us who we are:
https://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/cbnte ... ndeed.aspx

Blessings -
John
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

John, that's wonderful!!

I am a recipient of God's amazing grace as well. He has delivered me from alcoholism, and more recently smoking. I've simply seen so much proof of His existence over the last 11 or so years. And now, your wife's victory has further confirmed my faith. Most excellent!!!

As for the non-believers, try Him for 90 days like I did. You will see that He is real. Then He will become the center of your life, not out of a feeling of obligation, but out of your gratitude for His blessings.

When He shows up, He shows off! ;)

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Outstanding :!: :!: :!: Thanks for sharing and the praise report.
UNITE
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

That is Great News !!

Good things like this are happening every day all over the globe ..... we don't hear about them in the mainstream media do we? The healing ministry in our society has unfortunately had way too much negative stereotyping and exploitation by a misguided few. This has resulted in the general unbelief by most folks, even us believers. Nevertheless the power, as always, is there. Here is a link to the Order of St. Luke the Physician website. Check it out.

http://dev.orderofstluke.org/

God Bless us all ...... indeed.
NRA life member