OT: Interesting morning.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

OT: Interesting morning.......

Post by Mokwaw »

...as a fund raiser, one of the local candidates running for Sheriff here put on a machine gun shoot and lunch. They had an AK47, M4, and a suppressed H&K MP5. For $50.00 you got to shoot each gun and have a tenderloin sandwich with pasta salad and potato salad afterward, with two different kinds of cake for desert. The candidate is a retired USMC Major and I found him quite likable and liked what had to say about running the Sheriff's office if he is elected. Needless to say he is PRO-GUN, and believes in the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. I especially enjoyed getting to shoot 3 full auto guns that I have never had the opportunity to do before.

:D Rich
UNITE
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: Interesting morning.......

Post by iceman »

Sounds like fun. Is he going to get your vote?
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mokwaw,

You got room there for me and mine?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Iceman,
Yes I believe he has my vote. He will be running on the Independent ticket, there is no Democrat candidate and I don't really care for the Republican candidate.

Joe,
Come on over, there is an outdoor shooting range right outside of Huntington at Roush Lake (DNR run), some small dealers in the area, and some bigger ones up in Ft. Wayne. Won't be too far from your wife's friends, and we have near the same weather as you do in Springfield. Buyers market on housing, and spose to be several new jobs coming to the area by 2012, according to the County Board, and Huntington Mayor.
UNITE
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mokwaw wrote:Iceman,
Yes I believe he has my vote. He will be running on the Independent ticket, there is no Democrat candidate and I don't really care for the Republican candidate.

Joe,
Come on over, there is an outdoor shooting range right outside of Huntington at Roush Lake (DNR run), some small dealers in the area, and some bigger ones up in Ft. Wayne. Won't be too far from your wife's friends, and we have near the same weather as you do in Springfield. Buyers market on housing, and spose to be several new jobs coming to the area by 2012, according to the County Board, and Huntington Mayor.
Well now, we've been wanting to take a road trip. I'll show this thread to the wife and we'll see what we can do about it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep Richard he is a good guy. He is also a substitute teacher over there at Huntington North.

Hey Joe if you come out let me know I could meet you all for a shoot.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

JReed wrote:Yep Richard he is a good guy. He is also a substitute teacher over there at Huntington North.

Hey Joe if you come out let me know I could meet you all for a shoot.
I'm in too. OI went and abandoned us for "Points West " but I'd still like a Midwest get together!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That sound like a plan. I'll toss it over with my wife and see what we can do about getting a weekend or so off. Before the weather really turns would be a good idea.

Joe
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

Count me in
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

OK , best bet might be getting a Sunday and Monday off together.
My birthday falls on a Monday the last part of Oct and that might be a way to get the weekend off.
Getting just one day off is like pulling hens teeth with my manager. :x It would be the weekend of the 23rd and 24th. I might be able to get the 24th and 25th off in that we are closed on Mondays and of course the 25th falls on a Monday. I looked at the Farmers Almanac and it says that it is supposed to be sunny and mild that weekend.

Mrs J Miller
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

He'd get my vote!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow, you guys live in a different world, 8) that would never happen over here in a million years :twisted:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

game keeper wrote:Wow, you guys live in a different world, 8) that would never happen over here in a million years :twisted:
game keeper, another good family is always welcome ... Come on over!

Joe
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

Our Sheriff candidates hand out refrigerator magnets with their mug on it. I think I'll write in your guy...
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams