OT WY hunt help needed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

OT WY hunt help needed

Post by dkmlever »

I have a doe antelope tag for area 44, just over the boarder from CO, the ranch I have been on (a HMA) is sweeped clean of animals, any other ranches anybody knows of?
I hate seeing my tag go unfilled.
Hillbillygunsmith
Levergunner

Re: OT WY hunt help needed

Post by Hillbillygunsmith »

You should have no problem getting free trespass on ranches in your hunting area to fill a antelope doe tag. Most ranchers want them thinned down and if you go knocking on doors, I bet you get a invite to fill your tag. :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Give it a couple of days, the nimrods will be gone and the goats will be back..
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Hunt the weekdays as the yahoos usually only hunt on the weekends. Most of the locals here in South Dakota hunt goats from the road. If you are willing to walk in a mile or two, you will be glad you did.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Good suggestions, thanks. I have been hunting the weekdays, but yesterday decided to go for a walk, 7 miles later one was in the back of the car after a long 400 yard shot.
Felt good even with carrying her out 1.25 miles. Today is the last day of the season so concentrating on my next hunt now.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Congrats. They are a blast to hunt