Rifle Magazine article:"Winchester's Last Three Levergu

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Rifle Magazine article:"Winchester's Last Three Levergu

Post by kaschi »

Just got my copy of "Rifle" (March 2008 issue) today, and it looks to be a pretty good article by Mike Venturino about the 1892, 1894 and 1895 models. Mike seems to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to levers and other guns of the Old West. I often wondered if he is "one of us" at leverguns.com? If not, he sure otta be! Mike, are you out there???
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Mike is one of those writers that actually does a lot of shooting to get the material for his articles. I have his book Shooting Leverguns of the Old West and have just about worn it out. Any levergunner who likes shooting old Winchesters needs to get this book. Lots of info and lots of photos. He tends to be on the cautious side with his loads, but that's alright. You know if Mike uses 'em, then they are as safe as the day is long (provided your gun is safe to shoot).
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I often read his articles myself. He lives in Montana I believe, and loves the 30-40 Krag.
Last edited by Bigahh on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

While I don't think he is a member here,he does post quite regularly on the shiloh sharps forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have always enjoyed what he has written. I have never seen any indication that he is here.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

Scott T and Hobie are members over there(the Shiloh Forum) .Maybe they should invite him over here.