Burgess Shotguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Burgess Shotguns

Post by Hobie »

If you like the odd stuff, and I know you do, you'll like Kirk Stovall's Burgess shotgun.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Burgess Shotguns

Post by J Miller »

What does he mean by "wrist slide action"? I couldn't see how the guns functioned by looking at his pics.

JOe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

A friend of mine near Wahoo had a couple of Burgess guns and one was a cutaway. The gun pumps by sliding the pistol grip back and forth. Gun Digest in about 1967??? had a real good write up on these. I have handled them and worked them but nrever got to shoot one.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

KCSO, Hobie,

Thanks a bunch. Those pics say it all. I learned something today. I've never ever seen one or even a pic of it before. Kinda cool really.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You're welcome Joe. I wish I'd had a chance to handle one, to shoot it would be extra neat, to hunt with one out of this world.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just discovered that Kirk has a Burgess pump RIFLE, too! http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15816
Sincerely,

Hobie

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Hobie wrote:I just discovered that Kirk has a Burgess pump RIFLE, too! http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15816
dang i believe i bid on that rifle with the two barrels, in an auction a few years back........so Kirk got it! good, glad to know that!
cable