OT-Cooper's Commentaries

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

OT-Cooper's Commentaries

Post by The Lewis »

I saw a post recently where someone (can't remember who) said they were re-reading Cooper's Commentaries and went on about the post's subject. Well, that got me curious and I found them online and just wanted to say I have found a new favorite, I am now reading all of Cooper's Commentaries and am enjoying it very much, thank you who ever you are for the reference!

This is not earth shaking, perhaps most of you have already read this stuff, but thought I'd bring it up so maybe others who haven't might enjoy the Colonel's wit and outlook.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT-Cooper's Commentaries

Post by Blaine »

The Lewis wrote:I saw a post recently where someone (can't remember who) said they were re-reading Cooper's Commentaries and went on about the post's subject. Well, that got me curious and I found them online and just wanted to say I have found a new favorite, I am now reading all of Cooper's Commentaries and am enjoying it very much, thank you who ever you are for the reference!

This is not earth shaking, perhaps most of you have already read this stuff, but thought I'd bring it up so maybe others who haven't might enjoy the Colonel's wit and outlook.
I'm sure there are many who have mentioned him....... I give him credit for talking me into a Guide Gun 45-70.........
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Among many other things, He's the man who was behind the Scout Scope concept, too ! :P :P
bluesman423
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bluesman423 »

A TRUE scholar and a gentleman. Maybe a little opinionated but the world would be much better off if he were the standard by which men were judged. Jeff Cooper will be missed by many.
ozymandias
Levergunner

Post by ozymandias »

I was a great fan of his and have read all of his books. I exchanged a few letters with him, and everytime I wrote him he wrote back within the week. He was a class act and his writings edified and amused me for a lot of years.