Bic Pen commercial with Marlin 336

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Bic Pen commercial with Marlin 336

Post by J Miller »

Waaaaaaaaay back when Bic had an add on television showing someone dropping a bic ball point pen down the barrel of a Marlin 336 then shooting it through slab of wood. They'd then take the shattered pen still sticking through the wood and write with it.
Their tag line was something like: Bic pens write the first time, every time.
Does anybody remember those commercials? Is there a Youtube video of it? I only ask cos I'm search challenged.

Bic sure couldn't get away with an add like that today. But I wish they'd try. It would be a hoot and half.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Bic Pen commercial with Marlin 336

Post by wecsoger »

Oddly enough, on a quick search I can't find anything about that old commercial even though it's a classic.

Did find this one involving that Frankenstein guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luSJ1AlcaaU
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I remember paying .19 cents for them, or .29 cents for the deluxe Bic with the fine point.

Some of the best old commercials I remember was when John Cammeron Swazey used to do the Timex watch commercials, "takes a lickin and keeps on tickin."
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GregT
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GregT »

How about the commercial with the Master Lock resisting the impact from a .44 Magnum slug? I recall that Marlin 336 Bic commercial. Why would it not be done today? Just wondering. The pen would have to be fired out the barrel with a blank load.
GregT
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I remember both of those ads.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

GregT wrote:How about the commercial with the Master Lock resisting the impact from a .44 Magnum slug? I recall that Marlin 336 Bic commercial. Why would it not be done today? Just wondering. The pen would have to be fired out the barrel with a blank load.
GregT
Greg,
I remember that Master Lock commercial. But you really can shoot them off. You just gotta shoot down at the lock body between the hasp part.
Don't ask me how I know that.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

What about the old Aerowax commercial where they shoot a machine gun at a piece of plexiglass to show how tough their floor wax was? Does anyone remember that one?
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

J Miller wrote:
GregT wrote:How about the commercial with the Master Lock resisting the impact from a .44 Magnum slug? I recall that Marlin 336 Bic commercial. Why would it not be done today? Just wondering. The pen would have to be fired out the barrel with a blank load.
GregT
Greg,
I remember that Master Lock commercial. But you really can shoot them off. You just gotta shoot down at the lock body between the hasp part.

Joe
I know !! , every cowboy movie where They threw the strong box on the ground-The Stage Robber was always standing avove the Box when He shot or on His Horse. Am I right. :wink: :wink:
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

pwl44m wrote:
J Miller wrote:
GregT
Greg,

Joe
I know !! , every cowboy movie where They threw the strong box on the ground-The Stage Robber was always standing avove the Box when He shot or on His Horse. Am I right. :wink: :wink:
Pretty much, but I've done it in real life. :twisted: :twisted:

Joe
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

GregT
Lawyers + namby pamby business executives.
Happy New Year,
Mark :lol:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

GregT
Lawyers + namby pamby business executives.
Happy New Year,
Mark :lol:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I remember that one....took the refill out of one and fired it into wood with my Crossman .22 pellet gun. Put cotton wad in, and dropped the refill in....went a 1/4 inch into pine and wrote just fine afterward... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Joe,

Your message reveals that you indeed have lived too long in a communist country.

There are lots of places they could re-run that ad, just not anywhere in your state. I've seen ads on TV for guns/gun shops in the mid west, even down here in Florida.

Quite the country we live in today.

Cat