OT - The Giants WON!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - The Giants WON!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow - what a finish!

I must admit, I stopped following the season this year shortly after it started, and for the most part could care less about the outcome of the Superbowl. I did fly in and out of Phoenix last Monday, and it was already a zoo - a week before the game! I did think it would be neat for the Giants to win - like most Americans, I tend to root for the underdog, and thought it would be nice for the Manning brothers to win the Superbowls back-to-back. Never expected them to pull it off though!

I just watched the last quarter - after the wife and kids went to bed - and it was a great game for that "15" minutes! :D
g5m
Levergunner

Post by g5m »

It was a great game.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Welp, my beloved Pats ruined an undefeated season by a loss to the Giants of all teams...

Truth be told, it was a great game. Probably the best superbowl I've seen in quite a while.

The giants deserve the glory, they played their hearts out.
The Patriots can eat a dead cat; they only really started to look like the Patriots in the last 10 minutes of that game.

What stuff.
And Fox was playing "A Look at the 1972 Dolphins" just before the end of the fourth quarter, and I had to turn it off. The Pats retook the lead and then lost.
Stipid Fox broadcasting jinxing the Pats...

Oh well, there's always next season, and they DID kick a lot of *** this year.

Glad to see Eli get a ring finally.
Greg807
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Greg807 »

The NY Giants just stepped on the NE Patriots in the SB , crushed their season and ruined a perfect record. Tom Brady stands at the podium and praises the giants, this guys a class act!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Greg807 wrote:The NY Giants just stepped on the NE Patriots in the SB , crushed their season and ruined a perfect record. Tom Brady stands at the podium and praises the giants, this guys a class act!
I liked the fact that Brady held his hand over his heart during the national anthem, but I'm not sure I'd call anyone who knocks up a girl and then starts chasing other high-profile women as "a class act"...
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Bears 2009!

Post by Hillbilly »

Mannings first TD pass was a gem. Cheeky, spliting double coverage in the end zone.

NE just never got in rythm. NY defense was excellent. NE didnt seem to make any adjustments in the second half.
Greg807
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Greg807 »

Believe me shes and the kid are set for life.... all of us are products of the unwed.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

The best part of the whole game= Randy Moss DOESN'T get a ring......PRICELESS to watch.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

and the Giants were a wild card team. That's only been done three times.
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

the giants cheated. :lol:
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I really liked how, with one second left to play and legally enough time left for one snap, the pats coach walked to the lockers.
Class act.
I was hoping the Giants would win, and the end was exciting enough to keep even my wife's attention.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Tough game. Patriots crumbled in the last 2:00

The Giants came to play and just kept the defensive pressure on Brady until he cracked.

By the end of the game he was just throwing the football as far as he could and hoping a Patriot jersey would catch it.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

No one can say the Giants don't deserve it! They worked there butts off and you can bet this morning they are feeling it in every muscle and bone in there body's.
I really would have liked to see the Pats go all the way but Brady was getting no protection from his guy's at all.I don't know how many times he was sacked or had the ball knocked away as he was trying to pass it.
The Giants said they were going to go after him and they did.All in all it was a great game! Mike
If I can't shoot or pee off my own back porch when I want to then I'm not free and I won't live there. Thank you God for my freedom!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bigahh wrote:The best part of the whole game= Randy Moss DOESN'T get a ring......PRICELESS to watch.
Agreed! I was really irritated that it looked like Moss was going to have scored the game-winning touchdown.
homefront wrote:I really liked how, with one second left to play and legally enough time left for one snap, the pats coach walked to the lockers.
Class act.
I hate to say it, but this is why I don't watch any professional sports other than the occasional football game. I didn't watch an entire game all season. Athletes today - and now coaches - are more often than not spoiled brats with no really sense of sportsmenship. The Pat's coach was a sore loser - and a terrible example to young people.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Kudos to the Giants, and their fans - they deserved the win.

I'm a Pats fan, too - but I was uneasy earlier, that they were losing their way - during the pre-game interviews and "media" events/day.

Their loss was clinched, in my mind - and probably unconsiously in theirs - when Coach Bill showed up at the game in a new, bright red sweatshirt, ILO his game-proven ragged grey hoodie.

Pride goes before a fall - and even the coach wanted to be all nice & pretty for the post-game victory celebration. No "humble pie", there.

The Giants "D" did a super job of knocking Brady off his feet & preventing long runs, too.
The big, bad, bruising Patriot offensive line turned out to be.......bad.

I thought it amusing to see all the "Perfect Patriots" full-page ads for various coins and merchandise in this morning's local paper - obviously placed ahead of time.
More counted chickens, that didn't hatch.

Not to mention a Q.B.'s GF in the stands (again). It did Tony Romo in, now Tom, too.

Well, I guess a 16-0 regular season's nothing to sniffle at. It's not as good as winning a Super Bowl, but it'll haveta do.

At least, I enjoyed some of the commercials.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Whats a Super Bowl? I don't watch or follow any professional sports--------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I'm not a big fan of any sport that isn't associated with a firearm but that game was great. I found myself riveted to the TV and standing in the middle of the living room yelling with 35 seconds left in the game which is so out of character for me that I cannot even begin to describe. That one will no doubt go down as one of the all-time classic Super Bowls. The Giants defensive team should get a bonus for holding the Patriots as effectively as they did for the entire game.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Longfin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Longfin »

The Giants won-The world is a better, safer place????
Zack
Buckeye
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Buckeye »

I've been a Giants fan since 1976...through thick and thin, ...and they kicked Butt and took names in Tampa, Dallas ,Green Bay and Phoenix..
They beat the best of the best.. The Pats. can hold there heads up ...a Whale of a game.. :wink: