OT - Sports

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

OT - Sports

Post by jkbrea »

I was surprised at all the comments about not watching or playing sports other than shooting. I don't know why I'm surprised, not that it's bad or good, just kind of unexpected. Some sports bore me but I really like watchig football and hockey. Hockey is a great sport to watch live but boring on TV.
I suppose if you have kids playing it's more interesting.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I don't watch sports that much but I do it more often than I'm able to shoot unfortunately... :cry:

Frankly, it's probably just a matter of opportunity. As for myself, I simply don't have time (or $$$) to go to the range or the farm as often as I'd like. Therefore - TV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I used to watch a lot of football. I played all the sports when I was young, but none really interested me much as I got older except for professional football. Now, with the kids, I just don't have the time. Besides, it seems like a lot of the "professional" athletes are really just professional spoiled-brats. Drug abuse, crime, poor-sportsmanship - it all has really turned me off sports.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Drug abuse, crime, poor-sportsmanship - it all has really turned me off sports.
You said it all right there for me. A bunch of spoiled babies. Some of them will make more money playing one game that most folks do working all year. Then they still cry about being worth more. There are still a some good role models in the professional sports, but they are getting fewer every day. :cry: