Extremely OT- help needed badly

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Extremely OT- help needed badly

Post by piller »

Check with M D Anderson hospital in Houston, TX. They have a very good reputation for any kind of cancer. Hope they can help. Prayers sent.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote:Check with M D Anderson hospital in Houston, TX. They have a very good reputation for any kind of cancer. Hope they can help. Prayers sent.
Same place I'd advise.

Keep in mind there's some "TERRY's" in the medical field, who are truly experts, but just don't soften their words very well, so don't necessarily blame the messenger.

Still, as physicians, we ALWAYS need to keep in mind that we're not dealing with automobiles that won't start, or guns that have broken firing pins, or computers needing re-booted - we're dealing with PEOPLE, and their loved ones, so we ALWAYS need to provide our 'expert' advice in the context of providing a range of options, with compassion and technologic expertise both part of the equation.

Prayers up for her, regardless...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Call this outfit tomorrow morning http://www.moffitt.org/ they are in Florida I know a guy they helped when the MD's said theres not much we can do. danny
Machado
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Machado »

nobearsyet wrote:I got married right before the great Christmas eve gun robbery of 2010. About the 15 of January my new wife was diagnosed with late stage Leukemia. Needless to say it has been mighty rough. Even has gone as getting charges filed for punching a doctor in the mouth as he said the same thing a bunch of doctors have told us, "the onyl thing we can do is make her comfortable". That is not in the least bit acceptable. Does anyone here know a doctor that at least would be wiling to try and fight it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George.
George, I PM'd you.
Best,
Antonio
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Prayers said for you and your bride in this struggle... I wish I knew who to help you beyond that. It helps nobody to lose control and I admire you for addressing that.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I know cancer survivors that have been helped by Chinese medicine. Also know two that are survivors using a macrobiotic diet.

Regarding your franticness. There is the hard fact that we are all going to be dead soon (soon in the big picture timeline) and that rarely do we die at the same time as our spouse. Perhaps rationally planning a future without said spouse will take some of the fear of you being here without her out of the equation. I'm not suggesting throwing in the towel at all. I just know when my daughter was dying of drug use, I examined my future without her and wrote her eulogy. That was a huge relief and I was able to fight a better fight without the fear of a future without her clouding my judgement. She's still here three and a half years later and I pray your wife is with you, cancer free, in three and a half years.

Take care friend. You and your wife are in our prayers.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I have no specific place to advise, but I can say they've come a long way with battling Leukemia in the last decade. My FIL died from it about ten years ago. The medical community was just coming into some new technology at that time, but it wasn't available for him. He was too advanced. I have acquaintances that are going through it right now and they're being told they may die of old age before the Leukemia. There are different types and you don't state what type your wife has. It doesn't sound like you're giving up. You're doing the right thing by shopping. There's someone out there that will work for you. Prayers for you and your wife.
Old Law Dawg
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayers up!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Prayers said. Wish I had more specifics to add but some good suggestions have already been made by the fine folks here.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

I heard the same thing when my Mother was diagnosed with terminal Leukemia twenty-four years ago.
The doctor was sobbing as he gave us the news that she would last no longer than three days. We were devastated. She was just 48 years old.
We immediately got on our knees for some serious prayer, and Mama is still alive today. The doctors at Vanderbilt were dumbfounded and amazed.

Don't give up. Find her a place that has not given up, and spend as much time as you can on your knees.

God bless you both, and you need to apologize to that doctor that you hit. He is just doing what he knows to do.
Last edited by Jeff Quinn on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

I don't know where your at but here in Ut. we have the Huntsman cancer center, from what I understand they have some of the best and brightest, I know Mr. Huntsman has a lot of money to throw at it.
Bust of luck to you and your wife.
Terry
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

George,

I can't help you with doctor or hospital connections, but I will pray for your wife's healing.

I'd certainly look into M. D. Anderson Hosp. in TX, Sloan-Kettering in NYC, Johns Hopkins in MD, and Dana Farber in Boston. I don't know where you live, but by reputation these are all leading cancer centers. I'm sure there are many others: Cleveland Clinic, UCLA, Mayo Clinic, etc. If you go to the emergency room I think by law they have to admit your wife for urgent evaluation and/or treatment.

May God Bless the two of you!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

You and your wife are in my prayers.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sincere best wishes Sir to your wife.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Done, Sir.....Be tough, and don't lose it....you have to be calm and strong for your wife.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I can only offer my prayers.

Kevin
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

From those of us here that believe God can and still does heal the sick, our prayers are going up to Him for your wife and you.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Prayers up!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Tmair mentioned the huntsmen here in utah. They saved my life, and are a top notch hospital. I had skin cancer that ran away. I did lose my entire nose about 3 years ago and they built me a new one. They gave me 6 months to two years if I didnt do it. I will also pray for her.
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

Booger Bill wrote:Tmair mentioned the huntsmen here in utah. They saved my life, and are a top notch hospital. I had skin cancer that ran away. I did lose my entire nose about 3 years ago and they built me a new one. They gave me 6 months to two years if I didnt do it. I will also pray for her.
Booger Bill PM sent.
Terry
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up!
mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

National health care in Cuba. Apply for hardship exit visa in Chicago & entry at Havana airport. Visas granted frequently inbound but you will need doucmentation for State Dept. in Chicago.